• Both Bruno and Stockdale equally

Votes: 87 42.0%
  • Someone or something else

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Poor pass from Bruno, but a bad moment of Stockdale. All players make mistakes, move on..

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think like most had you been at the game you would have concluded that we lost the advantage when Sam Baldock was taken off and Glenn Murray had nobody to play the ball to when it was pumped up to him hence, the PNE defenders had the time and opportunity to push forward and set the strikers up. Until SB went off they were penned back near their penalty box but once he left they had freedom and GM lost his effectiveness.

All very well to punch CH in the eye for making a substitution which most managers do when defending a lead with minutes to go............What about his part in turning around the losing position into a winning one following what might have been said at half time ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All very well to punch CH in the eye for making a substitution which most managers do when defending a lead with minutes to go............What about his part in turning around the losing position into a winning one following what might have been said at half time ?

CH is prone to do this more than most and as you say from losing to being in a winning position it is very frustrating to see us surrender ground and put us ourselves under pressure for the last 10 minutes. I would have kept Baldock on and replaced one of the wide men either Knockaert or Murphy even disregarding that Murphy eventually gave the ball away to give then the equaliser, which was inevitable and unlucky as we had surrendered territory by then. It was a question of would we hang on or would they get a goal as we hardly got out of our half once Baldock went.

At the worst if he wanted to take SB off he could have made a double substitution with Manu coming on for a wide man and told them to hit GM and or a long ball for Manu to chase. At least the ball and play would have been in their half not ours.

Last edited:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'd blame Bruno for that, Stockdale should have dealt with it better but that ball from Bruno was a massive stitch up.. As a GK and outfield coach I would have been fuming at Bruno.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
CH is prone to do this more than most and as you say from losing to being in a winning position it is very frustrating to see us surrender ground and put us ourselves under pressure for the last 10 minutes. I would have kept Baldock on and replaced one of the wide men either Knockaert or Murphy even disregarding that Murphy eventually gave the ball away to give then the equaliser, which was inevitable and unlucky as we had surrendered territory by then. It was a question of would we hang on or would they get a goal as we hardly got out of our half once Baldock went.

Must get you a hotline to the dugout BG - Seems you should really be running the side and if you are then it will be unlikely that we will drop any more points this season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Must get you a hotline to the dugout BG - Seems you should really be running the side and if you are then it will be unlikely that we will drop any more points this season

We are all arm chair managers and think that we could do better than those in the position, it goes with the job.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I thought Bruno put himself on difficulty by initially attempting a back-heal pass by the touch line. So Bruno for me.

Bruno had time when he volleyed the ball back to DS but DS had plenty of time to deal with it. He made a huge fudge up with trying to control it, so both equally to blame. However, Stockdales inability to deal with the pass might make Bruno and others less likely to use him as a sweeper keeper.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Also I've read a few reports of the match, I haven't read one blaming Bruno yet. They all say an Error by Stockdale. Not sure that has much weight, but Stockdale is getting the blame in match reports.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think I was to blame for their 2nd. I had just minutes earlier said to my son this is one of the games we would have drawn last season believing the win was nailed on.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Stockdale might have suffered from a poor first touch but he was put under unnecessary pressure by Bruno. What should also not be forgotten is that the entire first half was a shambles and Stockdale was used far more than usual thanks to the negative play from some of those in front of him. The midfield was at sixes and sevens without Kayal and Stephens to take control, with Sidwell being particularly poor IMHO. The second half was much better, with just the lapse of concentration at the end to leave a bitter taste.

It's easy to blame Stockdale but he has made some great saves this season and we are still right up there not least thanks to the saves he has made. To be within four points of the top at this stage of season is still excellent going as far as I am concerned. The lads had a bad day yesterday but I am sure they will all be feeling it and determined to put things right on Tuesday.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Bruno shades it in my view. The whole thing started when he inadvisedly tried a cheeky backheel that didn't come off, put himself under pressure and then delivered a pig of backpass to Stockers. Admittedly big Dave made a hash of it, and nine times out of 10 he'd have done a better job. Catalogue of errors - Preston must have thought Christmas had come early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here