• Someone or something else

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
On the one hand it was a bloody awful pass back by Bruno, but on the other what the hell was Stockdale doing not volleying it away? Or was it something else?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Lots of players have to deal with dodgy passes all over the pitch so mainly Stockdale, he chose the wrong option. A rare mistake nothing more.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Both at fault but Bruno caused the incident in the first place.
Terrible back pass, DS messed up a difficult and unexpected clearance.

What surprised me was the way the team spent the rest of the first half giving Stockdale more practice at dealing with back passes. And I regret to say that he proved himself Not Very Good at this task. But maybe there are better ways to clear the ball from the back?

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Bruno should never have played a ball back like that; yes, Stockdale could have just cleared it out but so could Bruno... clearly Bruno's fault.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Personally felt Stockdalehave clearedit on the volley first time instead of taking a very risky first touch.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's the goalkeepers job to command the 18 yard box plain and simple no matter what Bruno was trying to do,goalkeeper has hands and feet and chooses not to use them.....

Stockdale is at fault plain and simple......that said he has been our savior on many occasions and as a GK is always going to look bad if he gets it wrong,it's unfair as much as it frustrates to single him out for to much criticism,has he done his chances for Wolves any favors? No but i would be surprised if he is on the bench Tuesday....

Edit: sorry for the double "plain and simple" Grammar police!!!

PS....i don't do Grammar but if i did it would probably look like this......yes i am plain and simple :wave:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Lots of players have to deal with dodgy passes all over the pitch so mainly Stockdale, he chose the wrong option. A rare mistake nothing more.

Brexit obviously......... seriously though top post.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Personally felt Stockdalehave clearedit on the volley first time instead of taking a very risky first touch.

Again I ask, how could Stockdale have cleared it on the volley when the ball came to him at throat height? Watch the video, he had very little chance of clearing that return from Bruno.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Again I ask, how could Stockdale have cleared it on the volley when the ball came to him at throat height? Watch the video, he had very little chance of clearing that return from Bruno.

I've watched it a few times now and only confirmed what I thought at the time, had he stood his ground he could have volleyed it away.

It was only because he came charging out that it became an awkward height and it still wasn't throat height.

And I say this as one of Stockers biggest fans.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I am posting on different threads on same subject. Was it a nailed on goal due to the lofted backpass? I think not. A poor chest (ooooerr) and the goal becomes a real possibility.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here