NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I thought he had been found not guilty.

Same thing in English law, I believe. Scottish law has a "not proven" (though I'm happy to be proven "not right").

Bozza is the "publisher" of this website and is liable for any libel, if anyone posts any.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've wanted to post on this case from the start but have resisted from doing so, but I suspect it will be debated by legal students for years.

The fall out is horrendous. The complete nonsense being posted on Twitter is remarkable from both "sides".

This is a really odd case, which I wish those with an opinion would realise. No one for instance has appeared to have lied.

Some of the press coverage is remarkable. There isn't points to made about football, consent, precedents etc..

Unfortunately I think it's the press coverage (and social media) on both sides making it more likely that people don't report rape rather than the case itself.

We have a good justice system but quite rarely something hugely unfortunate and damaging happens to those on both sides. Nothing to score points or make a point about.

Sorry for everything involved. Hope they can get on with their lives.

Last edited:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
There are the makings of a cautionary presentation to all young men and women from this case. It might start by saying "make sure you have at least spoken to each other first". Old fashioned, I know.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bozza is the "publisher" of this website and is liable for any libel, if anyone posts any.
How sure are you? If it was the same with Twitter, the owners would be in jail - they must get around it somehow.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There are the makings of a cautionary presentation to all young men and women from this case. It might start by saying "make sure you have at least spoken to each other first". Old fashioned, I know.
I'm sure there are plenty of people in orgies and the like that don't have a nice chat first. I don't really know what people can learn from this case. Sadly one thing I'd advise, is don't tell the police anything without your lawyer.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
"10. What does this whole affair say about our society?

Christ knows. Nothing good"

It says nothing.

It's just what happened between a few people.

What it means just fills the press who are obsessed with human interest stories. Journalists struggle with telling stories that affect thousands, unless they have an angle on an individual.

This has lead them to write stories on individuals and then try and relate them as meaning to thousands to fill paper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here