Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pies for Preston

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
With no beef and very little chicken

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've already planned to have lunch at home prior to the match. I might sneak in a second lunch, because that chicken vindaloo does sound worth a bash.

A question though: I get the leek, potato and cheese idea, and I like it but whack in that word blue and it all goes horribly wrong. Doesn't it?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
:bounce:

-- Are these same two pies the specials for tonight?
-- Any feedback on the chicken vindaloo (how does it compare with the chicken madras, for instance)?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Blimey, back in the day it used to be either Minced Beef 'n' Onion or Chicken and Mushroom.

Good to see the club keeping up with the evolving fashion in casual hot snacks.

Agreed. I was just going to say, what happened to the good ol steak & gristle pies that used to be served up a plenty at footie grounds countrywide?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

-- Any feedback on the chicken vindaloo (how does it compare with the chicken madras, for instance)?

The club seem to have moved onto special pies lasting a month now. Pre-match brief confirms that they're the same for this game.

Can also say that my friend had the veggie option and said it was delicious. Certainly smelled it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Can't believe that some people can be bothered to post about some people still getting excited about paying four pounds 30 for some pastry that's only half filled

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Never sampled the Madras, but the Vindaloo pie I had was excellent. Thoroughly recommended.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I was looking forward to the potato and blue cheese option as I'm a wimp and vindaloo burns my mouth but when I reached the till I was told there was only vindaloo left. Feeling brave after numerous beers I accepted this pie and took my seat, only to find out it was in fact potato and blue cheese. I was delighted at this cock up and can confirm it was delicious!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Did seem to be a bit of a food famine last night. West Upper were low on stock at half time, then speaking to a girl behind the counter in the West Lower after the game as there was no food left she said they had pretty much sold everything by half time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Vindaloo was great, but not really different from the madras. While we're on pies, there were none in the central concourse of WSU at half-time, and we got served early. Managed to pick another one up in the north after the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here