Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Music fans - my debut EP as DAMSELFLY is out today

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Hi all. My debut EP as DAMSELFLY - 'Fructidor Fall' is out today if any of you fancy a listen. I'd be interested in what my fellow Albion music fans think, honestly I would. Cheers.

Available as stream, download and limited edition CD at https://damselfly1.bandcamp.com/releases

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bloomin' HECK! Wasn't expecting that at all! For some reason, wasn't expecting such a deeply dark, impressively MATURE piece of work to pop out of nowhere by an NSC regular. Reminds me most of the soundtrack to French C4 cult hit 'The Returned', tho IMHO could easily form the ambient soundtrack to any similarly dark and deep exercise in (Scandinavian?) film. Top WORK sir! :bowdown:

More than happy to buy a hard copy of your limited edition CD. Just make sure you sign it! :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bloomin' HECK! Wasn't expecting that at all! For some reason, wasn't expecting such a deeply dark, impressively MATURE piece of work to pop out of nowhere by an NSC regular. Reminds me most of the soundtrack to French C4 cult hit 'The Returned', tho IMHO could easily form the ambient soundtrack to any similarly dark and deep exercise in (Scandinavian?) film. Top WORK sir! :bowdown:

More than happy to buy a hard copy of your limited edition CD. Just make sure you sign it! :wink:

I'm the same. I am really pleasantly surprised by this. I love the way The Theologist ends up and Hammer and the Tide stands out. Well done. I'm really intrigued as to your influences; I'm hearing debut album by Jon Hopkins, Ulrich Scnauss and The Field.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The Theologan - That riff that starts the piece and continues is too much for me. Needs to be lower in the mix. Otherwise very nice.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm also going to buy the CD. I've just tried buying it and the payment method has taken me down the EC route. I presume you're okay with this and shipping to Germany?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Theologan - That riff that starts the piece and continues is too much for me. Needs to be lower in the mix. Otherwise very nice.

Funny, this is what I like about the track. I like the fact the simple riff is loud but the interesting stuff is going on behind it. Then the brass kind of takes over.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Thanks mate, I love The Returned and am a big Mogwai fan. I shall certainly be more than happy to put a squiggle on it for you.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'm the same. I am really pleasantly surprised by this. I love the way The Theologist ends up and Hammer and the Tide stands out. Well done. I'm really intrigued as to your influences; I'm hearing debut album by Jon Hopkins, Ulrich Scnauss and The Field.

Cheers! Mogwai as mentioned, definitely Jon Hopkins, Boards of Canada, Caspian, 65daysofstatic, iliketrains (esp The Shallows album), John Foxx, British Sea Power, Joy Division / New Order, most late 70's - early 80's electronica, and I'm sure many others which aren't popping into my tired head today. Will check out Ulrich and The Field.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cheers! Mogwai as mentioned, definitely Jon Hopkins, Boards of Canada, Caspian, 65daysofstatic, iliketrains (esp The Shallows album), John Foxx, British Sea Power, Joy Division / New Order, most late 70's - early 80's electronica, and I'm sure many others which aren't popping into my tired head today. Will check out Ulrich and The Field.

Boards of Canada. Now THERE's one seriously-mysterious rave from the grave.

*rushes to dig out - and play - Boards of Canada CD Geogaddi*

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here