Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotland and Independence. Again !!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Mate most of them don't want it. We have to be careful with this oh stuff em then business, as it's not fair on the majority who are quite happy in the UK and the noises from down south make people very uncomfortable.

I know, you are right, i have 3 very good Scottish mates who live down here, but, i just want Sturgeon to stop prancing around like she is some big world leader and get on with it.
I am fairly sure the Scottish people will vote No again, so get on with it and then Krankie can go on leading the population which is about the same size as Yorkshire.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think we should have a referendum to see if we want to keep the Scots. ...

I've long maintained this. The question is always phrased as "What does Scotland (or Ireland, or Wales) want?" No one's ever thought to ask the English what we want, whether we want to continue the Union. It's always assumed that we do, although after Brexit maybe that assumption isn't accurate. Mind you after Brexit we've got no chance of being asked as they'll be scared that we'll give the 'wrong' answer. When you think about it, given how much anti-English rhetoric (with varying levels of venom) there is in the three Celtic nations, perhaps 'Britain' should be Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - and we'll be independent!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Call their bluff. They realise they're in a budgetary black hole. Fantastic opportunity to renegotiate terms / stop subsidising their education system.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I've long maintained this. The question is always phrased as "What does Scotland (or Ireland, or Wales) want?" No one's ever thought to ask the English what we want, whether we want to continue the Union. It's always assumed that we do, although after Brexit maybe that assumption isn't accurate. Mind you after Brexit we've got no chance of being asked as they'll be scared that we'll give the 'wrong' answer. When you think about it, given how much anti-English rhetoric (with varying levels of venom) there is in the three Celtic nations, perhaps 'Britain' should be Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - and we'll be independent!

Not a bad shout,

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Call their bluff. They realise they're in a budgetary black hole. Fantastic opportunity to renegotiate terms / stop subsidising their education system.

Just give the English,N/Irish and Wales the vote. Wish me luck as i wave you Goodbye.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No it doesn't at all. They voted based on us being in the EU. We have totally changed the status quo. They 100% should have the right to vote in a second referendum on independence as we changed the goal posts for them. I find it amazing that you can post some rubbish to be honest. Or maybe you're just trolling?

Trolling?! Because I have a different opinion to you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here