Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trainers now permitted in 1901 but not in DINNING areas

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite possibly the most wanky statement I have ever read from BHAFC.

Jesus. Whats happened to us.

I'm interested to know what fashion evolution has occurred. I might email Barber to get his thoughts on "Fashion and The Trainer (from pump to shoe) 2011-2016".

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm interested to know what fashion evolution has occurred. I might email Barber to get his thoughts on "Fashion and The Trainer (from pump to shoe) 2011-2016".

The generic reply will remind you the club are losing £1m a month/week/every Tuesday.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Haha.

I imagine it's the evolution where no ****ers are spending any money and they can't afford to have burly stewards standing there saying "no trainers" like some 1980's nightclub.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
QUOTE=Herr Tubthumper;7626039]I'm interested to know what fashion evolution has occurred. I might email Barber to get his thoughts on "Fashion and The Trainer (from pump to shoe) 2011-2016".[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a question from Mastermind.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Haha.

I imagine it's the evolution where no ****ers are spending any money and they can't afford to have burly stewards standing there saying "no trainers" like some 1980's nightclub.

OT - are you allowed trainers in night clubs now then, at the weekend I mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Haha.

Do they let you into 1901 if you're in a group of just men, or do you split up at the train station/car park and approach in separate groups of twos and threes?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Was this out at the same time as the 7 Stars news? Where they claim they have 'places available' as an addition to the 6 people that purchased memberships. Supporting the benefits of paying £12 to get into a bar for a 'free' program, was that you can wear a football shirt no less!!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trainers - oh my.

This is how I imagine the 1901 will be looking at 2:55 tomorrow:-

Scene-from-Westworld-with-006.jpg

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Does being allowed to wear trainers make up for the fact there is no free tea anymore?

I am in the wrong job, why cant i be paid to research the evolving state of footwear that is allowed in areas of football grounds.

In fact sod it im going to hand my notice in now and start writing a book on the evolving state of casual shoes being work to football through the ages.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Following a 10 minute online research session into the "evolving fashion in casual footwear" (2011-now) I have discovered the following. I hope the club's rigorous analysis of footwear trends is similar:

2011 Post-‘Tom’ Espadrilles, Laceless Back to the Future style high tops.
2012 Snakeskin leather Hi-Tops, Woven, Exposed technology, Nike Yeezy
2013 The return of Reebok, Adidas originals, Flyknit
2014 Stan Smiths, Air Jordan Future, Ultra High Nike Air Force
2015 Hybrid Skate/Soccer, Under Armour, More AirMax

I've also discovered I have zero interest in trainers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Following a 10 minute online research session into the "evolving fashion in casual footwear" (2011-now) I have discovered the following. I hope the club's rigorous analysis of footwear trends is similar:

A stunning piece of work. Reward yourself with a bottle or can of craft beer, sourced from a lesser-known Northern brewery.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A stunning piece of work. Reward yourself with a bottle or can of craft beer, sourced from a lesser-known Northern brewery.
Or 'beer' as it was previously known before beards became trendy again.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Someone at the club actually was PAID as part of their job to write the words "evolving fashion in casual footwear."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Someone at the club actually was PAID as part of their job to write the words "evolving fashion in casual footwear."

I'm just disappointed that they didn't accompany the words with a handy infographic. Maybe they're not very good at using Canva or Piktochart.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If I were going to form a band (which I'm not), I would call it Evolving Fashion In Casual Footwear.

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

Return of Adidas Originals - 2013? Did they ever go out of fashion, then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here