Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best FOOTBALL book you have ever read ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I read the other day that a complete Panini 1970 World Cup sticker book was sold for £1500. My mum threw mine away when she was having a clear-out :facepalm:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I thought Red or Dead was really great. Can totally see why it's not for everyone but for some reason the odd writing style really worked for me. I've also greatly enjoyed reading the autobiographies of Gary Neville, Tony Adams, Brian Clough and Craig Bellamy. Jonathan Wilson's Nobody Ever Says Thank You is a good all-encompassing account of Clough's career. I've got a copy of Daniel Taylor's I Believe in Miracles which I'm intending to read some point soon. Currently reading Hillsborough - The Truth by Phil Scraton. However, my favourite football book has to be Paul Gascoigne's autobiography. Absolutely heartbreaking to read. You're left with a picture of someone who was unbelievably talented and so well-meaning but just out of control. If you haven't read it yet, I implore you to do so. You won't want it to end.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
The only football book I've read was in my teens, the biography of German keeper Lars Leese. Written by Ronald Reng, it's called "Keeper of Dreams" and is a very poignant story of rags-to-riches fame (of sorts). Without wanting to give too much away, I would definitely recommend it for younger readers (adolescents/aspiring football stars of the future).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Albion almanac

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here