Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idiot tolerance levels?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am pretty much your average Englishman when it comes to confronting people being annoying/rude. I'll poke up with it for a while before clumsily requesting they stop their behaviour.

For example, I'm in the library, and a normal looking woman who doesn't appear to have any major issues, dressed well, middle aged i'd say, on the computer next to me has headphones on and is standing up dancing around like a goon. Not making much noise, jackets swishing against her arms, the odd clang of they zipper on the chair in front of her.. but it was getting on my tits big time. And clearly getting on others nerves. The library ffs!

I'd say it took me a good ten mins of trying to ignore or hope she'd F off before I said anything. She is now still stood up and swaying to headphone music and I want to tell her to sit down and behave again.

I know, not a great story but it poses the question, do you speak up? how long does it take you? Do you squirm and seethe or address the problem pronto? Do you suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing them, end them?

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For example, I'm in the library, a normal looking woman
Looks like I had you all wrong.

PS - I empathise with the situation you were in, I imagine I'd have let her know within a few minutes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Oh definitely speak out.
I used to be very tolerable of things that would not have annoyed me in general.
But after seeing someone go through quite a lot of medical issues and not complain one bit about the pain, just generally getting on with things, has changed my outlook on life.
People who moan about a cold or saying they have flu, then come in to work next day, really pisses me off.
Maybe my age, middle age to Saga generation, but I do like people to say please and thank you.

Have a nice day :thumbsup:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Looks like I had you all wrong.

PS - I empathise with the situation you were in, I imagine I'd have let her know within a few minutes.

I'd probably let her have it a lot sooner than that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There are times when a Cleveland Steamer is the only way of letting someone know they're getting on your tits.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Any normal person would ask her if she fancied a shag,library or not!Either way,score or get chucked out,problem over.

You have not been charged for this advice.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I am pretty much your average Englishman when it comes to confronting people being annoying/rude. I'll poke up with it for a while before clumsily requesting they stop their behaviour.

For example, I'm in the library, and a normal looking woman who doesn't appear to have any major issues, dressed well, middle aged i'd say, on the computer next to me has headphones on and is standing up dancing around like a goon. Not making much noise, jackets swishing against her arms, the odd clang of they zipper on the chair in front of her.. but it was getting on my tits big time. And clearly getting on others nerves. The library ffs!

I'd say it took me a good ten mins of trying to ignore or hope she'd F off before I said anything. She is now still stood up and swaying to headphone music and I want to tell her to sit down and behave again.

I know, not a great story but it poses the question, do you speak up? how long does it take you? Do you squirm and seethe or address the problem pronto? Do you suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing them, end them?

Practice on this forum you will get plenty of opportunity to try out a variety of different tactics :)

Reality for me is it depends on who is doing the antagonising and the likely outcome of my doing something/nothing ... risk/reward!

Kuma

*dons shades*
Aug 22, 2015
Midlands
It's a library, tell her to calm her tits or leave. If you are in a certain place where you have to act accordingly e.g. A library, then don't think twice about speaking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's a library, tell her to calm her tits or leave. If you are in a certain place where you have to act accordingly e.g. A library, then don't think twice about speaking out.

Oh, you are quite right. I did so, but I took ten mins hoping the problem would just go away. Libraries are odd places these days, not how they used to be or should be.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cashpoint machines for me. I'll give some idiot woman (it's ALWAYS a woman) a maximum of five minutes faffing about with the hidden gameplay levels she's discovered on the machine before loudly asking in my politest voice if she would mind if I borrowed her machine when she's finished with it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Cashpoint machines for me. I'll give some idiot woman (it's ALWAYS a woman) a maximum of five minutes faffing about with the hidden gameplay levels she's discovered on the machine before loudly asking in my politest voice if she would mind if I borrowed her machine when she's finished with it.

I'm glad it's not only me that gets wound up about that. I always seem to be behind the person who wants to do their months banking at the machine.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's a library, tell her to calm her tits or leave. If you are in a certain place where you have to act accordingly e.g. A library, then don't think twice about whispering out.

Edited for you :)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Oh, you are quite right. I did so, but I took ten mins hoping the problem would just go away. Libraries are odd places these days, not how they used to be or should be.

I trust you told her in a very hushed voice otherwise you are just as bad, speaking in a normal voice in a library, tut!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm glad it's not only me that gets wound up about that. I always seem to be behind the person who wants to do their months banking at the machine.

The only acceptable process:
1. Card in
2. PIN
3. Cash only
4. Relevant amount
5. Take card, take cash, leave

ANYTHING else and you are basically a criminal. I cannot abide people who get several cards out and check the balance of each, before finally deciding which to use.

I wish they still had quick cash options - pin in, press 'Quick cash - £40' and you're laughing.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here