Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are your savings kept?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
So I have some of my money in p2p lending with Funding Circle and so far I am relatively happy with them, getting solid returns of about 7.2% at the moment, I am thinking about putting some more money in to one of their rivals that do more first charge secured lending as I think this is a safer option.

The rest of my money is currently sitting in a savings account earning a real interest rate of bugger all and soon to be negative if interest rates do go up as a result of a falling pound...

So where do you park your money? What sort of returns are you getting? How secure is it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is this the most middle class thread ever Easy10?

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I've opted for the mortgage route to saving, in essence bugger all in the bank but a pack of cards portfolio of flats, houses and an office in Hove, if it goes wrong i'm fooked ???

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
£7.65 in my jeans , the rest in a big bottle in my cupboard , by the time its full i shall own 37% of 2ps in circulation .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So I have some of my money in p2p lending with Funding Circle and so far I am relatively happy with them, getting solid returns of about 7.2% at the moment, I am thinking about putting some more money in to one of their rivals that do more first charge secured lending as I think this is a safer option.

The rest of my money is currently sitting in a savings account earning a real interest rate of bugger all and soon to be negative if interest rates do go up as a result of a falling pound...

So where do you park your money? What sort of returns are you getting? How secure is it?

Which rival? I use Moneything/Savingstream and Collateral for secured lending and Ratesetter/Zopa as a variation ...my ISA is geared towards bonds at the moment with some stocks for a bit of spice...premium bonds for my 'ready' cash

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Which rival? I use Moneything/Savingstream and Collateral for secured lending and RatesetterZopa as a Variation ...my ISA is geared towards bonds at the moment with some stocks for a bit of spice...premium bonds for my 'ready' cash

MoneyThing and Savingstream is what I was leaning towards and maybe Assetz. I might stick some in Zopa as I like the idea of the reserve buffer they have.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I wish I had savings. Just bought a house a puppy and having a second child.

I have about £500 rainy day money in a savings account but also have around £400 of shares in the company I work for and get another £50 each month from salary. They should make some money over the next few years and that will become savings I guess.

Looking to start saving properly next year and get funds set up for both kids if they want to go to uni.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looking to start saving properly next year and get funds set up for both kids if they want to go to uni.
I want the best for my kids, so I'm thinking of ensuring they're not educated enough to get to uni. They don't need that much debt.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was going to look into this.

Would you put your whole pot in P2P lending then?

How safe is it?

Can you have a quick withdrawal if need be ? or does it just get messy.:hilton:

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Just transferred all my savings to a Nigerian bank as they are going to treble my savings by Christmas

I got a call from George Agdgdgwngo who informed me that my bank vault had to be cleaned so took my sort code and account number, I am hoping to get all my money back after they are done cleaning my bank account.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I was going to look into this.

Would you put your whole pot in P2P lending then?

How safe is it?

Can you have a quick withdrawal if need be ? or does it just get messy.:hilton:

I am thinking probably between 10-20%, some accounts offer easy access(with a lower rate of interest) others you have to sell your loan parts to other investors in order to pull your cash out.

D

Deleted member 2719

I am thinking probably between 10-20%, some accounts offer easy access(with a lower rate of interest) others you have to sell your loan parts to other investors in order to pull your cash out.

Ok Cheers, sorry i could not help you i am still looking for the best place myself.

Property in Rotherham is something i was going to look at as supposedly there is a big regeneration going on. (according to someone i spoke to yesterday)

Have you looked at that sort of thing?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Putting a lot into pension AVCs. Got some shares.

Best value though is a biscuit tin full of Euros which, thanks to brexit, is rocketing in value.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
My work shares have matured this month and i was thinking about putting them into a stocks and shares ISA. I am not sure if this is the best thing to do.

I have a bit of cash just sitting in my current account getting f all interest but i want my rainy day fund to be accessible quickly if i need it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here