Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are your savings kept?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ok Cheers, sorry i could not help you i am still looking for the best place myself.

Property in Rotherham is something i was going to look at as supposedly there is a big regeneration going on. (according to someone i spoke to yesterday)

Have you looked at that sort of thing?
I hear there is a strong market in Albion shirts for 7 year olds at the moment although due to their quality, returns are quite low:lol:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have a couple of 1-2-3 accounts which they are 1/2 -ing the interest form November so looking at alternatives to get a better return.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have a couple of 1-2-3 accounts which they are 1/2 -ing the interest form November so looking at alternatives to get a better return.

Have you tried 3-2-1 accounts

Attachments

• 150382.jpg
    150382.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 133

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
When I was earning, I overpaid on my mortgage every month until it was paid off - yes, it took a few years, but I consider it the best thing to have done, so I own my house. Once it was paid off, I became a social pariah and bought another property to let, though I did try to keep the rent down to a reasonable level for my tenants. Thinking of selling that now, though.

I do have a few k in Premium Bonds, so get a few wins - but not the big one, but I feel that might happen next month !

Not earning any money at the mo, due to health issues.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
When I was earning, I overpaid on my mortgage every month until it was paid off - yes, it took a few years, but I consider it the best thing to have done, so I own my house. Once it was paid off, I became a social pariah and bought another property to let, though I did try to keep the rent down to a reasonable level for my tenants. Thinking of selling that now, though.

I do have a few k in Premium Bonds, so get a few wins - but not the big one, but I feel that might happen next month !

Not earning any money at the mo, due to health issues.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, I think overpaying on the the mortgage is a wise option. Thanks for sharing.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sorry to hear about your health issues, I think overpaying on the the mortgage is a wise option. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. Yes, you see very little difference at first, but you do eventually, then the balance start to go down faster and faster. I appreciate not everyone is in a position to do it though.

I always make a point of over-paying my income tax. This helps the government out.

Every year, I get a nice refund of overpaid tax - which feels like a big windfall, because it's money that I might otherwise have spent on pies at the Amex or other luxuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here