Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdraw from world cup

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I reckon we should go to the Russia WC if we qualify - but turn out on the pitch in chicken outfits or
in Elvis tribute garb.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
All African countries that qualify should withdraw due to concerns over racist abuse and violence of towards their players, officials and fans.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well it might seem a little hypocritical to withdraw, after the poo our (or Tony B Liars) invasion of Iraq caused. There again, there might also be the consideration that UK Government employees, (my brother being one) were forbidden to take part in the Moscow Olympics because the USSR were at war with the 'Taliban in Afghanistan'.... do I need to say more? :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I asked the fungus growing on my hall wall

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

has your fungus previously planned a tournament tho?
there's a possibility your fungus is racist, homophobic, and thinks the crimeans
want to live in russia ? just guessing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Might as well pull out if this is the best we can do
Don't be rash! Joe Hart's performance was sublime, we can't deny his wonderfully shiny barnet a place on the world stage.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Given Russia's behaviour in Syria it is unthinkable that any EU or Nato country could take part in the world cup finals. As a gesture of solidarity with the people of Aleppo we should withdraw now

And what exactly has Russia done in Syria which the west hasn't?

Apart from defend their strategic assets on the Med which they have had for decades that is?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Given Russia's behaviour in Syria it is unthinkable that any EU or Nato country could take part in the world cup finals. As a gesture of solidarity with the people of Aleppo we should withdraw now

Saves us any further embarrassment, doesn't it? Would be great if we could find an excuse to not go to any future tournament, think how much better summers would be!

In all seriousness, it's impossible for us to claim some kind of moral superiority whilst arming the Saudis to slaughter Yemni innocents with impunity.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Now if you had asked this same question, but citing the fact that Russia bought the 18 finals through bribery & corruption, I may of agreed with you.

But for their role in Syria? Nah.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They ban countries from Olympics for political reasons so why not Football tournaments?

They have before (Yugoslavia). But by using that logic, all NATO members should be banned as well - Including us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Best thing we can do is install Gareth Southgate as permanent manager after we lose to Scotland at Wembley and then continue with our faith of the manager after a dismal defeat at Hampden Park...

I feel this is the best outcome for all Scotland can take our place in Russia and get the shit kicked out of them in the process... win win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here