Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] £14 Craft Beer Crate (£10 off, no obligation to buy any more)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks a great deal. I'll be interested to see which beers the boxes contain. But, if it pushes the craft message further then all good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Currently enjoying a Haymarket Brewery Matthias Imperial American IPA

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Should be here in time for the Friday night drinking thread, hopefully.

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 08.35.23.png

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I've taken advantage of these offers from Beer52 before and can confirm that the selection received and service was really good. Not sure if still the case, but in the past they were very lax about how many times you could order. Amazed they're still in business.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
At the risk of sounding like a BOOZER, 330ml cans/bottles don't really touch the sides do they? And cheap its not (certainly not after the 1st month 10 quid off) - its basically 3 quid for a TIDDLY can. Might be beautiful beer but you could do all 8 cans before dinner.....hic

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
At the risk of sounding like a BOOZER, 330ml cans/bottles don't really touch the sides do they? And cheap its not (certainly not after the 1st month 10 quid off) - its basically 3 quid for a TIDDLY can. Might be beautiful beer but you could do all 8 cans before dinner.....hic
I must admit, that's my view although I have given this a go. I get that craft beer is more expensive but the weird sizes do annoy me.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton

I'm alright with the 330ml size although at £3 a pop it does seem a bit steep, especially when you can get decent selection of craft beer for about £2 a bottle in the supermarkets.

Still looking forward to my first crate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I must admit, that's my view although I have given this a go. I get that craft beer is more expensive but the weird sizes do annoy me.

If drinking pints is your thing maybe craft isn't for you. It's more about quality than quantity.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I might give it a go too because I'm curious about the beers, but 5 pints a month will go very quickly. I also don't like beer in cans, but that I accept is prejudice!

I don't particularly like beer in cans either... it tastes different. I'm hoping that the crate includes mostly bottle beer.

I won't be continuing the membership at £3 a drink, because it's cheaper at the off licence. Although the off licence has less choice, they sell Brighton Bier which I'm happy with. But the first crate is only £1.40 a beer so that's pretty darn good!

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I notice to cancel you need to phone them. Has anyone done so and how painful was the experience?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't particularly like beer in cans either... it tastes different

Quite a lot of craft is now coming in cans. Cans are actually better in my opinion and enable the beers to stay better/fresher for longer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quite a lot of craft is now coming in cans. Cans are actually better in my opinion and enable the beers to stay better/fresher for longer.

A lot is, yes and I don't think I've bought one yet.

It's completley illogical, I fully appreciate, but for me there is something that feels more 'premium' having a beer in a glass bottle than an aluminium can. I generally swig from the bottle too, not bothering with a glass, but I wouldn't want to do the same from a can. Heathen, I know.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't particularly like beer in cans either... it tastes different. I'm hoping that the create includes mostly bottle beer.

I won't be continuing the membership at £3 a drink, because it's cheaper at the off licence. Although the off licence has less choice, they sell Brighton Bier which I'm happy with. But the first crate is only £1.40 a beer so that's pretty darn good!

U started drinking early today ? :)

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Yeah, I know. I try to avoid them but quite regularly buy Brighton Bier, which comes in cans. I have to pour it into a glass though, as I won't drink it straight from the can. Bottles save the hassle!

My crate is on it's way... I'm hoping it arrives in time for a pre-match drink on the train on Saturday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A lot is, yes and I don't think I've bought one yet.

It's completley illogical, I fully appreciate, but for me there is something that feels more 'premium' having a beer in a glass bottle than an aluminium can. I generally swig from the bottle too, not bothering with a glass, but I wouldn't want to do the same from a can. Heathen, I know.

Fair point; tramps drink from cans and not bottles. It's an argument I have heard before and some breweries are having to really push the idea of cans.

Another aspect is recycling. Stone's huge new European brewery is cans only and they have had opposition on the recycling front as bottles are re-used whereas cans are not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here