Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe Standing – YES – Poster for Sat 15 Oct v Preston. Show your support.

Oct 25, 2003
and yes, it's been pretty well evidenced in recent years that when done right, standing is perfectly safe. I do think that any re-introduction in the UK will be with the safest version possible which is a slight shame but I guess it's a start

next stop is to sort out those ridiculous alcohol laws

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out of interest, why don't they just change the law and then allow those in the rear 10 rows of the northstand to officially stand in front of their seats? No need for conversion of anything. People have been doing it for about 5 years anyway with no apparent injuries.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Out of interest, why don't they just change the law and then allow those in the rear 10 rows of the northstand to officially stand in front of their seats? No need for conversion of anything. People have been doing it for about 5 years anyway with no apparent injuries.

I don't think the government will change the law just for one stand in one stadium.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't think the government will change the law just for one stand in one stadium.

:facepalm: I'm not referring to one stand in one stadium. If the law changed to allow standing then clubs could decide to allow fans to stand in certain areas without the need to alter the facilities. Has anyone been hurt at any stadium where standing, particularly in away sections is tolerated despite the law?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:facepalm: I'm not referring to one stand in one stadium. If the law changed to allow standing then clubs could decide to allow fans to stand in certain areas without the need to alter the facilities. Has anyone been hurt at any stadium where standing, particularly in away sections is tolerated despite the law?

If the law is changed - this is the big hurdle, persuading the government that the Taylor report was wrong. It's why Safe Standing is being advocated as a solution, as there is no danger of crushing. I know and you know that standing wasn't the problem, but it's persuading politicians.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
and yes, it's been pretty well evidenced in recent years that when done right, standing is perfectly safe. I do think that any re-introduction in the UK will be with the safest version possible which is a slight shame but I guess it's a start

Were you hoping for it to be more dangerous then? ???

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
As I said I have never read any report of the law being overturned or recinded, which I assume it must have to allow us and other clubs to sell beer. Perhaps somebody more PC savy than me can find it.

What conviction?

Were they arrested and tried? If so, on what charge and what was the punishment?

As I said I have never read any report of the law being overturned or recinded, which I assume it must have to allow us and other clubs to sell beer. Perhaps somebody more PC savy than me can find it.

You're really not paying attention at all, are you?

You've already been told the answer.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I wont support it because I see no justification in standing areas. It will take us back to the dark hooligan days over a period of time in my opinion, so I say do not allow it. It was abolished for a reason.

What reason was that? Was it because of violence? Drunkenness? Hooliganism?

No, it wasn't. You're talking shite.

Last edited:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
It is my opinion that standing will take us back to the days of fighting as we are becoming a violent nation once again. and who wants that?

Constantly kicking off at the Dripping Pan (probably the largest football terrace in Sussex), isn't it? :wozza:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
It is my opinion that standing will take us back to the days of fighting as we are becoming a violent nation once again. and who wants that?

This an incredibly good point. Surely every red-blooded male here, if they were honest, would admit how much calmer they are when seated. Personally, I struggle to control my rage whilst standing to make a cup a at the office. Standing = RAGE.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
If anyone needed proof that Bens Grandad was a WUM rather than just a slightly senile old boy, this thread is it. Absolutely outrageous statements that go against the grain with no justification whatsoever.

Fabulous work.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
I too like sitting but then my bad back dictates that I can't stand too long. However more than happy to lend my support to this. I have read that this could improve the atmosphere, so happy to try anything that does that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Me too. We are all able to do that on the concourses, before or after the game, or of course at half-time, so is it vital that people have to drink during the course of a game as well?

I've lost count the amount of times i've travelled half the length of the country, only to spend the entire match drinking beer on a concourse, watching the game on the telly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here