Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney DROPPED

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
He certainly needs his captaincy taken away from him if the rest of his England days are more and more from the bench. If he had any pride he would quit international football.

Question is who should wear the armband next?

Not a chance. He won't retire from international football until his 126th cap, at least.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry BG he isn't even in the top 5 in the premier league.

He doesn't command his box, makes routine saves look spectacular and makes too many errors for a top class goalie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is because that idiot Guardiola wants a CB who can use his hands rather than goalkeeper so he has been forced out of the Premier. IMHO he is still the best English keeper by far.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Rooney is our captain,and in the squad.If he cuts and run before the the world cup,then he is up there among the likes of Ashley Giles,who gave up during an Ashes encounter........!

The King of Spain didn't give up that was Graham Swann.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That is because that idiot Guardiola wants a CB who can use his hands rather than goalkeeper so he has been forced out of the Premier. IMHO he is still the best English keeper by far.

Then we'll have to disagree.

As was proven in the Euro's, he simply is not international class. I am absolutely positive that Stockdale, Heaton, Ben Foster, Butland, Fraser Foster would have saved the goals he let in.

All the Guardiola stuff has done, is deflect the attention from the issue, which is he is technically poor.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Nobody was interested in signing him either.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Then we'll have to disagree.

As was proven in the Euro's, he simply is not international class. I am absolutely positive that Stockdale, Heaton, Ben Foster, Butland, Fraser Foster would have saved the goals he let in.

We shall have to agree to disagree and it is opinions which make football discussion interesting. I would however agree that he made mistakes in the Euros but as I said what keeper doesnt.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He did make the decision to retire but in TWO years time, at that point it should have been thanks and goodbye not LINGER on for two more years when he will be even WORSE. If he can't get first team football now what is he going to be like in TWO years time ?

Can you believe the arrogance of that, who says he would've been picked?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Certainly didn't hear that, as Sunderland were interested but preferred Pickford.

I dont think Hart fancied a relegation battle and Man City wouldnt let him go to teams higher up te division and likely to be in the top half/ Europe contenders.

I would class 3 managers in The Premier as better than Guardiola and a 4th nearly as good.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Rooney was a great player but should have stopped international duties after 2012 well and truly had his chance he was amazing in 04 but just never produced that form for England since.get rid now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Rooney was a great player but should have stopped international duties after 2012 well and truly had his chance he was amazing in 04 but just never produced that form for England since.get rid now.

Scored 6 goals in 10 games in 2013
Scored 8 goals in 13 games in 2014
Scored 5 goals in 8 games in 2015

That's 19 goals in the 3 years after you suggested he should retire.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I dont think Hart fancied a relegation battle and Man City wouldnt let him go to teams higher up te division and likely to be in the top half/ Europe contenders.

I would class 3 managers in The Premier as better than Guardiola and a 4th nearly as good.

Difficult one, I'm not sure there are any better but I would put Mourinho on a par, based on champions league wins alone.

Wenger hasn't achieved 'the champions league', but he's achieved success with his teams playing attractive football.

I really like Conte, Klopp and Ponch., but none have excelled to the degree of Pep or Mourinho.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here