Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon v MK Dons

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well done AFC Wimbledon.

Like many others, I hated it when the original Wimbledon were franchised to Milton Keynes - wished them nothing but bad luck (and to be honest, didn't much like the old Wimbledon anyway). But that's a long time ago - water under the bridge and all that. I went to watch us at MK Dons last season - fans were friendly, decent stadium, seems to me to have now developed into a 'proper' football club.
Just think it's time they dropped the 'Dons' rubbish, and became Milton Keynes City - or United, Rovers or whatever; just not MK Dons.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well done AFC Wimbledon.

Like many others, I hated it when the original Wimbledon were franchised to Milton Keynes - wished them nothing but bad luck (and to be honest, didn't much like the old Wimbledon anyway). But that's a long time ago - water under the bridge and all that. I went to watch us at MK Dons last season - fans were friendly, decent stadium, seems to me to have now developed into a 'proper' football club.
Just think it's time they dropped the 'Dons' rubbish, and became Milton Keynes City - or United, Rovers or whatever; just not MK Dons.

The fans are mostly drooling morons. Have you not seen MK fans tv? E.g.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=egDFxhmjI3s

**** em.

D

Deleted member 22389

Would gain a lot more respect if

1) They had started from a Non League position
2) They dropped the Dons from their name, and became Milton Keynes FC

KT17

Apr 19, 2014

My mate who is a huge supporter since day one says they should never be allowed to drop the 'Dons' - as a permanent reminder of their treachery...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I went to Wembley to watch AFC vs Plymouth in the playoff final - Kingsmeadow is only 3 or 4 miles from home so it's an occasional pleasure to go see them, I suppose it was the visit to Wembley that we might have had...

Remember Adebayo Akinfenwa, AKA 'The Beast', AKA 'The biggest man in football' - 18 stone it says on his website, I reckon more like 22... It was his last ever game for AFC, he'd announced he was going.

Not the most skilful of players, nor the nimblest, but if you get the ball to him in the box, no-one is going to push him around or disposses him, so he had a good scoring record.

Anyhoo, its about 80 minutes and 1-0 to AFC. An Argyle player has the temerity to tackle The Beast, and TB goes over, falling onto his assailant.

Plymouth player is treated on the pitch for 5 minutes before being stretchered off.

Football gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHyoR6tg2qA

I have a soft spot for AFC as i live at KT1 so pop down occasionally to watch them. Went to the play off final too. They have come so far. I use to work with a cpl of people who played for AFC when they started at the very bottom again. Makes you realise how far they have actually come and this moment of finally being above MK has been the dream for over a decade. I am not sure whether anyone believed it would actually happen so soon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
MK Don's have lodged an appeal with the football league to move back to Wimbledon in order to acquire AFCs 10th place.
:lol:

Keep that in your back pocket for when they're a division above the franchise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here