Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For all those with either a positive or negative opinion of Donald Trump

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not entirely sure of the reason to link Trump with Hitler.

Anyone needing to invoke Godwin's Law is just too lazy to point out the 101 actual reasons why The Donald isn't a suitable candidate for President of America, irrespective as to what has happened throughout history.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
People knock Trump and to be fair he has many many faults,but what has allowed his rise to power and please don't insult all Americans by calling them dumb......honest answers please?

Similar factors that led to the rise of UKIP and ultimately Brexit; absence of true statesmen within the political elite, a mixture of lack of critical thinking/gullibility/apathy amongst the populace, first past the post political system, press inspired but also natural tendency for large scale support for isolationism & xenophobia?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Regardless of his chances it is still disturbing that 40% of Americans still see him as fit to hold office.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The bloke is complete tool, why do those nodding dogs of US voters get taken in by this fakery.
He makes a mockery of the people who will probably vote for him.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
48% of the German electorate voted for Uncle Adolf, and Maggie and Blair won three elections, anything is possible.

I'm trying to work out if you're playing the averages, or actually considering/hoping that he'll succeed.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
People looking in all the wrong places for an alternative to the political elite.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
We are sleep walking into goodness knows what. Trump could make it. Boris did, twice. That is when I gave up. Thanks goodness I am 69 next month and won’t have to put up with this shit much longer!
I read a phrase recently that said something like “When you realise that you do not understand anything you will find happiness” I think I have found happiness!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The bloke is complete tool, why do those nodding dogs of US voters get taken in by this fakery?

Because there's 40+ million Americans who say "He hates the same people I hate. Hand me the damn ballot."
That's the entirety of the thought process behind that vote.

Throw in a couple million more dullards whose ill-remembered hazy, high-school days, understanding of the Constitution includes 'having a uterus' as a disqualification for the office.
And a couple million more who would vote for a ham sandwich if it had an "R" after its name on the ballot.

Before you know it, things are entirely too damn interesting....

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I'm trying to work out if you're playing the averages, or actually considering/hoping that he'll succeed.

Not really just find the whole thing bizarre, only in America could someone so controversial get to the final contest for arguably the most powerful/important job in the world.

The German analogy was put to me last week, it just highlights that even a democratic election can provide an unlikely victor.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It's effectively a two party election and of those that vote a large percentage will vote as they always have, leaving the swing states holding the balance of power.

People across the world have lost faith in the establishment and Trump is seen as the anti-establishment candidate to many.

The establishment has found this old and extremely offensive recording releasing it at the very moment to cause most harm to his campaign.

The establishment is trying to finish him off both Democrate and Republican parties if successful this will join the annuals of conspiracy.

Trump has not denied the fact he said these offensive things about women but the timing of their release together with the establishments universal condemnation feels well planned.

Compaire to other political exposures where fellow politicians, partners and aligned press trot out in defence of the undependable in this case it dose not appear to be the case, but if Trump toughs it out and the Republican Party don't drop him it will still all hindge on the swing states.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Because there's 40+ million Americans who say "He hates the same people I hate. Hand me the damn ballot."
That's the entirety of the thought process behind that vote.

Throw in a couple million more dullards whose ill-remembered hazy, high-school days, understanding of the Constitution includes 'having a uterus' as a disqualification for the office.
And a couple million more who would vote for a ham sandwich if it had an "R" after its name on the ballot.

Before you know it, things are entirely too damn interesting....

I imagine there are swathes of the mid-west and the south who just see a man, a white man, have no idea about politics, don't care about politics, as long as it's a white man, not a black man, and not a woman that's good enough, and they'll make a stop off at the local polling office on their way from their trailer to a NASCAR rally driving either a 1998 model Dodge Neon or a Pontiac Grand Am. God bless America and the Constitution.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I imagine there are swathes of the mid-west and the south who just see a man, a white man, have no idea about politics, don't care about politics, as long as it's a white man, not a black man, and not a woman that's good enough, and they'll make a stop off at the local polling office on their way from their trailer to a NASCAR rally driving either a Dodge Neon or a Pontiac Grand Am. God bless America and the Constitution.

Impressive amounts of generalisations and assumptions right there in that post. Tis easy to imagine though i suspect not terribly accurate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here