Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

More doom and gloom. Brexit is going to be blamed for everything now.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
More doom and gloom. Brexit is going to be blamed for everything now.

I'm not sure about everything but if the weakening currency isn't a consequence of Brexit then what is?

Of course it could be our interest rates but then hasn't the ECB been at 0% for the best part of 2 years?

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm not sure about everything but if the weakening currency isn't a consequence of Brexit then what is?

Of course it could be our interest rates but then hasn't the ECB been at 0% for the best part of 2 years?

That might have happened if it was the other way around too. All I'm saying is that people need to be a bit more positive, the country isn't ending.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
All I'm saying is that people need to be a bit more positive, the country isn't ending.

Ah the usual leavers excuse, stop moaning and be positive and overlook all the doom and gloom.

I must remember that next time I buy some food or fuel which has increased in price due to the devaluing of the GBP. I must smile and say aren't we lucky that the effects of Brexit has increased the price of these goods. but worth every penny as we have our country back. Yipee lets hang the bunting out and have a street party to celebrate higher prices.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
But the rule didn't apply in 2016.

I'm a firm remain supporter, but the public wants what the public gets, and that's an EU exit. The argument put forward that there was (and is) overwhelming evidence that Brexit would lead to lower economic growth, higher prices, less choice and lower pensions wasn't enough compared to the reasons why people wanted to leave in terms of their concerns over migration and democratic deficit.

Instead of moaning about the racists and idiots who voted to leave, they together don't come to 17 million. So take a look at the others who wanted out, who have seen no benefits to globalisation, free trade, free movement, and then see why they rejected the arguments for remain.

I'm not moaning, someone asked a question about thresholds being applied in a referendum and replied with an example which the British government used in the past whereby a result (which incidentally was the same as the 2016 one) was wiped out by utilising a threshold. If Cameron had applied the same rule then he would have won though in reality would not have solved the political problem of Europe within his own party, as both they and UKIP would have pushed for another without thresholds.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm not moaning, someone asked a question about thresholds being applied in a referendum and replied with an example which the British government used in the past whereby a result (which incidentally was the same as the 2016 one) was wiped out by utilising a threshold. If Cameron had applied the same rule then he would have won though in reality would not have solved the political problem of Europe within his own party, as both they and UKIP would have pushed for another without thresholds.

Apologies, or as Morrissey once said 'Fair enough' :thumbsup:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
But the rule didn't apply in 2016.

I'm a firm remain supporter, but the public wants what the public gets, and that's an EU exit. The argument put forward that there was (and is) overwhelming evidence that Brexit would lead to lower economic growth, higher prices, less choice and lower pensions wasn't enough compared to the reasons why people wanted to leave in terms of their concerns over migration and democratic deficit.

Instead of moaning about the racists and idiots who voted to leave, they together don't come to 17 million. So take a look at the others who wanted out, who have seen no benefits to globalisation, free trade, free movement, and then see why they rejected the arguments for remain.

Are you Mrs Malaprop?

FFS!
We voted out, so let's just get out now and move on. We offer the EU a free trade deal now and if they decide that is not acceptable then too bad. It is a big world out there and we do not need to be blackmailed by this beurocratic mafia.

Miliband and Clegg are a pair of busted flush clowns. They will not force a veto vote to stall. Out is out, get on with it.

That is all, thank you and good day☺

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
FFS!
We voted out, so let's just get out now and move on. We offer the EU a free trade deal now and if they decide that is not acceptable then too bad. It is a big world out there and we do not need to be blackmailed by this beurocratic mafia.

Miliband and Clegg are a pair of busted flush clowns. They will not force a veto vote to stall. Out is out, get on with it.

That is all, thank you and good day☺

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Yeah, then celebrate and get drunk on all the cheap Australian, New Zealand and South African wine that someone else suggested would come on tap when we left the EU

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just went online and a Ryanair flight I booked last October to Portugal for summer 2016 is now 39% higher for summer 2017.

Who wants to travel aboard anyway there's even more foreigners than there are here, and according to the Express next summer will be a record heatwave anyway...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Ah the usual leavers excuse, stop moaning and be positive and overlook all the doom and gloom.

I must remember that next time I buy some food or fuel which has increased in price due to the devaluing of the GBP. I must smile and say aren't we lucky that the effects of Brexit has increased the price of these goods. but worth every penny as we have our country back. Yipee lets hang the bunting out and have a street party to celebrate higher prices.

You revel in failure. The pound will comeback as it has before. But keep bigging up the bad news if that keeps you happy

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
IT WONT EFFECT YOU REMAONER HIPSTERS ANYWAY as you all drive Penny Farting bicycles and dont SHAVE with youre silly beards, so think of all the savings on Petrol and Gilets

Brexit means Brexit

Regards

DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Just went online and a Ryanair flight I booked last October to Portugal for summer 2016 is now 39% higher for summer 2017.

Who wants to travel aboard anyway there's even more foreigners than there are here, and according to the Express next summer will be a record heatwave anyway...

You seem to scour the news feeds and try and find any perceived negative econimc statistics and somehow use it to blame Brexit, its ever so tiresome.

When did Ryanair fairs become an indicator of national economic performance ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You seem to scour the news feeds and try and find any perceived negative econimc statistics and somehow use it to blame Brexit, its ever so tiresome.

When did Ryanair fairs become an indicator of national economic performance ?
Er, the Pound has collapsed against the Dollar and fuel is traded in Dollars leading to higher fuel costs. The Pound has collapsed since the Brexit vote. That is the tiresome fact

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Paid in pound but our six monthly bonus is paid in USD. I actually forgot to withdraw mine in June and only remembered during Brexit, made a nice extra 10% with the collapse. Flip side is we sell in USD to customers and a lot of work is stalling or we are having to discount to off set weak pound which isn't great

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here