Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] . Have a rest mate. It might do you some good.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There are plenty of posters from both sides who have done that!

The last link was indeed from a Remain supporter - the result of research by the University of Warwick which, agree with it or not, and the experts on here will not, certainly adds to the debate. Soulman tends to post huge slabs of text from the UKIP-embedded Breibart website, from UKIP itself or from the xenophobic Daily Express (which last didn't publish a front page lead about migrants about 20 years ago it sometimes seems). I am not sure why he does it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
[MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] . Have a rest mate. It might do you some good.

What will the onlooking pack do if I have a rest....oh yeah, pick on another that disagrees. All I know is that us "thick" people have been right twice lately, eg the reult of the GE, that Labour could not lose, and the result of the EU referendum. There sure are a lot of thick people out there, the majority in fact.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What will the onlooking pack do if I have a rest....oh yeah, pick on another that disagrees. All I know is that us "thick" people have been right twice lately, eg the reult of the GE, that Labour could not lose, and the result of the EU referendum. There sure are a lot of thick people out there, the majority in fact.

Now playing the victim card. Excellent work.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Boo hoo.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not at all. Seems you Remoaners play that very well. Awaits that nasty tit Simster to put in his stupid pennyworth.

Nasty tit? He asked you some very reasonable questions, nothing more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not at all. Seems you Remoaners play that very well. Awaits that nasty tit Simster to put in his stupid pennyworth.

You really and genuinely don't have any wit or intelligence do you? You have had numerous chances for a withering put down....and the best you can do is play-ground childlike retorts and name calling like this. I'm now waiting for you to tell me your dad is bigger than mine. Or maybe you'll take your ball and go home. Actually, I prefer the latter.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
the xenophobic Daily Express (which last didn't publish a front page lead about migrants about 20 years ago it sometimes seems). I am not sure why he does it.

You forgot

Diana
Extreme weather conditions (whilst simultaneously denying the existence of climate change)
Madeline McCann
Muslims cancelling Christmas

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
An interesting poll showing peoples opinions regarding the Single Market; seems it is still viewed quite favourably.

”With up to five months to go before the start of formal negotiations on Brexit, Ipsos MORI’s new Political Monitor shows a public divided in their priorities for Britain’s future relationship with Europe after it leaves. Forty-five percent think Britain should prioritise access to the European Single Market while 39% say it should prioritise controlling immigration.”

Surely it would be undemocratic to ignore what the majority of people want?

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/Assets/Docs/Polls/pm-october-2016-topline.pdf

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You make a good point. If you feel very strongly about it, I suggest you form some sort of political party or action group and try to either get elected or force a referendum.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
An interesting poll showing peoples opinions regarding the Single Market; seems it is still viewed quite favourably.

”With up to five months to go before the start of formal negotiations on Brexit, Ipsos MORI’s new Political Monitor shows a public divided in their priorities for Britain’s future relationship with Europe after it leaves. Forty-five percent think Britain should prioritise access to the European Single Market while 39% say it should prioritise controlling immigration.”

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/Assets/Docs/Polls/pm-october-2016-topline.pdf

I know someone who won't like that one little bit. According to him 100 per cent of people voting Leave did so on the clear understanding that they were voting to leave the single market. Now 45 per cent of them think our priority should be to maintain access to it. Has public opinion ever shifted so quickly? (Cue treatise about the difference between having access to the single market and actually belonging to it.)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I know someone who won't like that one little bit. According to him 100 per cent of people voting Leave did so on the clear understanding that they were voting to leave the single market. Now 45 per cent of them think our priority should be to maintain access to it. Has public opinion ever shifted so quickly? (Cue treatise about the difference between having access to the single market and actually belonging to it.)

seeing as you recognise there is a difference, why on earth make this point about opinion changing, since you know itspossible to hold both views?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Ah this is what you're all about - glib one-liner tittle-tattle that contributes nothing. Why don't you nick off until you've got something interesting to say?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

The other interesting responses from the poll, are:

Is the lower valued pound a good thing - 55% said No

Will the economic position improve over the next 12 months - 53% said would get worse

Will your living standard improve when the UK leaves the EU - only 24% said it would improve

But of course the polling is invalid as it didn't ask any question about getting our country back. But the realism of being poorer is present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here