Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

There is only three words in the title of this thread, all related to Johnson's, Farage's and your idea of what should be done, and I did wonder if even you could post something relevant to that title.

Now let's be honest there's embarrassed whataboutism and what you've just posted which has not even a passing relevance to the actual thread.

I think everyone on NSC honestly understands how stupid you and your two allies have been, you really don't have to keep bouncing threads to prove it :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Worth bouncing this thread.

Not at all. Can anyone trump that?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well nearly two years on from us actually leaving the transition period and not operating under EU rules, it appears we are heading for raging inflation and plummeting GDP

Who knew :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do enjoy the Tory’s attempts to convince us that it’s the same the world over. Wonder how long it will be before all foreign news is banned so that we can’t see how the rest of the world lives, North Korea stylee.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do enjoy the Tory’s attempts to convince us that it’s the same the world over. Wonder how long it will be before all foreign news is banned so that we can’t see how the rest of the world lives, North Korea stylee.

No need. They still have millions of followers prepared to believe anything. Weird, but true. There are millions out there untouched by the energy crisis, more than ready to blame any issues on militant strikers. The Mail yesterday was attacking the lawyers who are striking. I wouldn't read the article, obviously - it was flashed on the telly - but one cannot doubt the inclusion of 'all pull together' and 'difficult global situation' and perhaps even 'fat cat'.....

We may feel that the current tory leadership and advisors are beneath contemplation, but here is Bernard Ingham, one of Thatcher's most cunning and dedicated supporters, demonstrating his ability to believe any old shit for an opportunity to grandstand (and be paid a few quid):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ZqozoeOMw

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
no mate , i'm talking to people who disappear when they get a reply they cant answer .....yourself excluded.

A serious response to my teasing comment, but a response well made :thumbsup:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Eurostar latest:

International trains won't call at Ashford or Ebbsfleet until 2025 at the earliest.

Rail firm blames: "uncertain and fragile environment", "toughened post Brexit border environment" and "further complexity expected with launch of Entry Exit System".

Ebbsfleet (Dartford) - 63.98% leave
Ashford - 59.86% leave

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Eurostar latest:

International trains won't call at Ashford or Ebbsfleet until 2025 at the earliest.

Rail firm blames: "uncertain and fragile environment", "toughened post Brexit border environment" and "further complexity expected with launch of Entry Exit System".

Ashford - 59.86% leave

All the business which was generated and built up around this train service will now go. They knew they what they were voting for though.....but what sort of person would vote for losing their business and/or unemployment? Strange bunch people from Kent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Eurostar latest:

Ashford - 59.86% leave

Christ.

That will hit the local economy in Ashford for sure.

Ashford was a great station for me if I wanted to train it to Europe. The whole expansion of Ashford over the last 30 years was predicated by the tunnel and the train link. It was slow to start (typical English dithering) but the town is now surrounded by new housing developments with upgrades to the roads in progress. Far more structured than the similar development around Faversham (which is not being matched by a road upgrade, so gridlock is now a common event).

With this change, what will happen to the people who moved out of London to take advantage of the 35 minute high speed train to St Pancras? A medic I used to work with moved to Ashford 10 years ago to take advantage of this. There is no direct reason why commuter trains will be cut but loss of income from the Euro-commuters is bound to lead to cancellation of some local services.

Relatedly, I presume the high speed from Ebbsfleet to London may scale down. That will upset the hundreds of happy hammers and others who park up at Ebbsfleet and high speed it to Stratford (10 minute journey) for games. I have used Ebbsfleet myself on numerous occasions when going to gigs.

We have 'high speed' trains from Faversham, but they are only high speed from Ebbsfleet. It takes 45 minutes to get there, so the 'high speed' trip is only 5-10 min quicker than the cattle wagon from Victoria.

I had no time for the (lack of) vision of the Rees Moggs or (latterly) Johnsons of this world but, **** me, the lack of any sort of modeling and plan is, to quote Cosplay Thatcher (from her rant about cheese), a Disgrace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All the business which was generated and built up around this train service will now go. They knew they what they were voting for though.....but what sort of person would vote for losing their business and/or unemployment? Strange bunch people from Kent.

Ashford is full of Fail-reading little Englanders in semis, local white van men, and incomers doing the high speed commute, in the new estates, plus a large body of low paid people in the council estates, tiny Victorian terraced houses and suchlike. Only the incomers are likely to have majority-voted remain. It is overwhelmingly white. However I'm sure many of them think they are being 'swamped' by all the East Europeans who come over here on seasonal permits to pick the fruit (that the locals are too lazy and feckless to pick).

No doubt some goon will be along in a minute to say it's no wonder they voted Brexit with people like me sneering at them. Well......I wish them all the best of luck with their Brexit bonus and bounce. It's bound to arrive eventually.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You didn't hear Merkal's speech when she said that the EU needs to look at not being reliant on NATO for it's defence then ? The EU Army is coming and it's being driven by the Germans. You've also not noticed the arguments in the UK about removing VAT from sanitary products but EU tax laws not allowing us to do so ? Or removing the 8% VAT from electricity and gas ? All facts - all well documented if you Google - but I guess your EU blindness stops you seeing these facts and instead you just dismiss them as propaganda.

It also means we can't remove vat from items and services. So for example, we can't remove the disgusting 8.5% VAT on gas and electricity. We either keep it as is or hike it to 15% minimum. Sanitry products is another example. Tax policy should only be controlled by a national government not the EU.

Maybe now would be a good time to cash in your Brexit bonus and get rid of that VAT on electricity and gas that the EU were forcing on us :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe now would be a good time to cash in your Brexit bonus and get rid of that VAT on electricity and gas that the EU were forcing on us :wink:

Westdene needs to know, that whilst you can opine that a comment about non-reliance on NATO means the EU army is on it's way you cannot state this opinion is 'fact'. This is on a par with Rebeka Vardy's logic.

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Ashford is full of Fail-reading little Englanders in semis, local white van men, and incomers doing the high speed commute, in the new estates, plus a large body of low paid people in the council estates, tiny Victorian terraced houses and suchlike. Only the incomers are likely to have majority-voted remain. It is overwhelmingly white. However I'm sure many of them think they are being 'swamped' by all the East Europeans who come over here on seasonal permits to pick the fruit (that the locals are too lazy and feckless to pick).

No doubt some goon will be along in a minute to say it's no wonder they voted Brexit with people like me sneering at them. Well......I wish them all the best of luck with their Brexit bonus and bounce. It's bound to arrive eventually.
It's scarcely more "overwhelmingly white" than Brighton, and I know that Brighton has a lot of semis and Victorian terraces. Maybe you don't allow people in council houses - is that the difference between Brighton and Ashford? I wouldn't know. I presume it's money that makes you better?

I do accept your assessment of your own likeability, though. Certainly people like you, if you're the same in real life as you are in person, would be very hard to get on with.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's scarcely more "overwhelmingly white" than Brighton, and I know that Brighton has a lot of semis and Victorian terraces. Maybe you don't allow people in council houses - is that the difference between Brighton and Ashford? I wouldn't know. I presume it's money that makes you better?

I do accept your assessment of your own likeability, though. Certainly people like you, if you're the same in real life as you are in person, would be very hard to get on with.

I'm willing to bet he is exactly the same in real life as he is in person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here