Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Do you even know what you are writing?

What does your latest drivel actually mean? Do you have any idea?

A long time ago your contributions were fairly anodyne, rather like chewing gum for the eyes, but now it has become a sort of nonsensical punctuation mark between genuine comments......

sorry to say but PPF is correct on this point. You have to be in denial for Brexit to make sense, just like you need to be a opportunist hypocrite to become the Brexit minister

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Hard to know where to share this good news as there are about 150 threads slagging off the government on the mainboard and in the pit at the moment but ..

Prediction ...

Economists expect the UK economic recovery in 2021 to be slower than in peer countries, because of a lower starting point, a larger services sector, low business investment and the impact of Brexit.

A survey of nearly 100 economists revealed that most of them expect the size of the economy not to return to pre-pandemic levels until the third quarter of 2022, despite the expectation of a strong consumer-led rebound from the rollout of the coronavirus vaccine. Increased unemployment, bankruptcies and the impact of Brexit are expected to limit the pace of the recovery.

https://on.ft.com/3Gwy9QX

The reality ...

The UK has regained its pre-pandemic levels of GDP long before Germany, Italy, and Spain, and slightly before the eurozone as a whole. It is ahead of Japan and Canada.

This is a remarkable outcome when you think that the OECD forecast a year ago that Britain would limp into 2022 with output still 6.4pc below its pre-Covid peak, an economic basket case languishing along with Argentina at the bottom of the developed world's league table.

The International Monetary Fund also predicted that the UK would be left behind in perma-slump through 2021 and into 2022. The global institutions got it seriously wrong.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...rkable-recovery-covid-lesson-dantes-paradiso/

Reminds me of an old saying ... 'Economists were invented to make Astrologists look good' :lolol:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
More Brexit disappointment celebrated by this duplicitous government as economic success....

The International Trade Secretary Anne-Marie Trevelyan was in India this week to push ahead and promote the negotiations for the UK-India trade deal. However it is likely to add just 0.12 - 0.22 to the UK's GDP post Brexit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2vR6gPZ9dU

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Hard to know where to share this good news as there are about 150 threads slagging off the government on the mainboard and in the pit at the moment but ..

Prediction ...

Economists expect the UK economic recovery in 2021 to be slower than in peer countries, because of a lower starting point, a larger services sector, low business investment and the impact of Brexit.

A survey of nearly 100 economists revealed that most of them expect the size of the economy not to return to pre-pandemic levels until the third quarter of 2022, despite the expectation of a strong consumer-led rebound from the rollout of the coronavirus vaccine. Increased unemployment, bankruptcies and the impact of Brexit are expected to limit the pace of the recovery.

https://on.ft.com/3Gwy9QX

The reality ...

The UK has regained its pre-pandemic levels of GDP long before Germany, Italy, and Spain, and slightly before the eurozone as a whole. It is ahead of Japan and Canada.

This is a remarkable outcome when you think that the OECD forecast a year ago that Britain would limp into 2022 with output still 6.4pc below its pre-Covid peak, an economic basket case languishing along with Argentina at the bottom of the developed world's league table.

The International Monetary Fund also predicted that the UK would be left behind in perma-slump through 2021 and into 2022. The global institutions got it seriously wrong.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...rkable-recovery-covid-lesson-dantes-paradiso/

Reminds me of an old saying ... 'Economists were invented to make Astrologists look good' :lolol:

I always liked the days that the befuddled used to predict the end of the UK’s financial services industry…….

https://www.standard.co.uk/business...bankers-david-buik-b977141.html#comments-area

To be fair the Evening Standard used to shill that message themselves under Osbourne……….maybe now he has stepped down the editorial team is dealing with actual news and not prejudiced opinion.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I said there wouldn’t be an exodus, for many reasons some of which are in this article.

What did you say?

I would say when you choose what tabloid representation of Brexit fallout you focus on then you are inevitably making a subjective choice.

What would you say to that? Did you make any other predictions?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I said you're a white collar racist Rob, said it before, happy to say it again.

You must be mistaken, I'm sure there would be a limit to how many times you get banned for racism on NSC and then let back on to do it again ................... oh

So, 12 months in and with half of Brexit done, apparently some people think that one aspect isn't as bad as some others said it might be. Surely reason for rejoicing :facepalm:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I said you're a white collar racist Rob, said it before, happy to say it again.

I see, and all that from a prediction on the movement of financial services from the U.K. following Brexit?

You don’t even know my name so I would suggest you know f*ck about me.

I can say that again if you like?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I see, and all that from a prediction on the movement of financial services from the U.K. following Brexit?

You don’t even know my name so I would suggest you know f*ck about me.

I can say that again if you like?

.... but what do you say about the subjectivity of your argument?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
.... but what do you say about the subjectivity of your argument?

This is about the apocalypse that was predicted to befall the financial services industry, the loss of euro clearing, of developed markets and all its ancillary services.

It’s not happened………if the Evening Standard is saying it after 5 years of predicting it, then maybe even they have put up the white flag.

Like some Japanese soldiers after WW2 no doubt some remainers will hole up in their caves or hide out in the long grass, to continue a campaign of sniping despite being on the losing side.

Good luck to them.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This is about the apocalypse that was predicted to befall the financial services industry, the loss of euro clearing, of developed markets and all its ancillary services.

It’s not happened………if the Evening Standard is saying it after 5 years of predicting it, then maybe even they have put up the white flag.

Like some Japanese soldiers after WW2 no doubt some remainers will hole up in their caves or hide out in the long grass, to continue a campaign of sniping despite being on the losing side.

Good luck to them.

This was the rhetoric of 2016 when Johnston was promising 'sunlit uplands', '£350 million per week for the NHS', Gove said once we leave the EU 'we hold all the cards' Liam Fox said "coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history".

All of it was hyperbole to make us respond a certain way..... and it is you that is clinging on to favourable Brexits bits to bolster your pre-existing beliefs. Of course you are entirely at liberty to do that but it is a prejudiced view and in my opinion your acrimonious comments about 'holed up' remainers undermines any vestige of balance in your comments. Sounds more like a rant than an argument.

I would just like to add that your war language with 'white flags', 'WW2 Japanese soldiers' and 'losing sides' does you no credit either.....

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This was the rhetoric of 2016 when Johnston was promising 'sunlit uplands', '£350 million per week for the NHS', Gove said once we leave the EU 'we hold all the cards' Liam Fox said "coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history".

All of it was hyperbole to make us respond a certain way..... and it is you that is clinging on to favourable Brexits bits to bolster your pre-existing beliefs. Of course you are entirely at liberty to do that but it is a prejudiced view and in my opinion your acrimonious comments about 'holed up' remainers undermines any vestige of balance in your comments. Sounds more like a rant than an argument.

I would just like to add that your war language with 'white flags', 'WW2 Japanese soldiers' and 'losing sides' does you no credit either.....

It may do him no credit, but it's a big improvement on the racist language that has got him banned the last few times he has been on NSC

He'll give up trying to defend Brexit and go off on some whataboutery now :wink:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

A couple of points…..

This thread is nearly 6 years old, and the referendum was well over 5 years ago.

Here on this thread you continue to patrol its content with your gaggle of fellow snipers emerging from your caves and dug outs in the long grass to continue to support the cause of your divine emperor.

Im afraid the metaphor is perfect……even when you are provided with evidence the war is over, all you can do to crack off a couple of shots and hightail it back to the caves.

It’s bloody brilliant really, bravo……..you lot are going to be here for years.

Oyasuminasai, kami no go kago o………

Jan 30, 2008

SANCTIMONIOUS TWADDLE :facepalm:

Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You two keep yourselves entertained, (and try not to get banned yet again :facepalm:), there's a football match on elsewhere

MV5BOTk5ZjYyZTMtYzYwOC00NmJiLTk1OGQtZTMxY2I1YWQ3ZjJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_QL75_UX500_.jpg

:bigwave:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
A couple of points…..

This thread is nearly 6 years old, and the referendum was well over 5 years ago.

Here on this thread you continue to patrol its content with your gaggle of fellow snipers emerging from your caves and dug outs in the long grass to continue to support the cause of your divine emperor.

Im afraid the metaphor is perfect……even when you are provided with evidence the war is over, all you can do to crack off a couple of shots and hightail it back to the caves.

It’s bloody brilliant really, bravo……..you lot are going to be here for years.

Oyasuminasai, kami no go kago o………

Well I must admit the disaster that is Brexit has generated the opportunity for me and other like minded people to question Brexiters like you on why you still seem to think it was good for the economy and people of the country..... and yes sometimes I find it entertaining.

I think you have offered all you can on that. Thanks.

My comments are nothing to do with the Referendum except to point out the hyperbole on both sides of the argument; you are the one who goes back to 2016. I am focusing on the Brexit aftermath i.e. what is happening now.

Your language continues to be jingoistic war slogans with little relevance to events happening now and no supporting evidence; you present it as objective truth and just 'play the man' with divisive language that perpetuates the UK wrecking ball mentality that is Brexit. Nothing new there.

By the way do you consider your 'perfect metaphor' (nice bit of self praise there) to be objective truth or prejudiced opinion?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here