Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
The left (and I assume you mean extreme left, like Corbyn) are anti EU. I'm a labour party member and I've moved on, and share your concerns over Covid. The extreme left are as irrelevant as the extreme right :thumbsup:

This doesn't mean people can't ask where the £350 million a day went, and why our control of our borders is now far worse than before we left the EU, though. All fair questions. I expect to see some Brexit bonus. What we have got so far is a bit like 5p off Black Forest Gateau at Iceland. This is a criticism of the Boris gang rather than any argument about the EU itself - we can all see that that horse has bolted :shrug:

If you want to bash 'the left' it would be helpful to know exactly who you mean by 'left' and what it is thay are saying. And please don't post some weird fake news youtube link. Mainstream people, please :wink:.

Jo brand , Russell brand , Femi and a majority of Labour MP's along with the unions in this country

Regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1470375729552633863[/tweet]

The NFU advised not to vote for Brexit and the farmers vote was split along national lines 52/48

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36078112

It's a shame they didn't go to Downing Street with slurry to spread around.

Peaceful protest will be banned soon, best make the most of these freedoms while they still have them...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jo brand , Russell brand , Femi and a majority of Labour MP's along with the unions in this country

Regards
DF

You do realise because you can name some left-leaning individuals it doesn't make Leave vs Remain a Left vs Right thing, right? Or is David Cameron now more left wing than George Galloway?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Anyone sent their Christmas card to Europe yet?

£1.70 for 20g, Berlin same price as Brisbane

Brexit...its the gift that keeps on giving

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So, a year on from 'getting brexit done' here comes the next series of kicks in the bollox for British companies in less than a month's time

A third of UK importers not ready for full Brexit customs checks

Nearly a third of British companies that import goods from the EU are “not at all prepared” for full post-Brexit customs checks, according to a survey of business leaders, sparking fears of increased congestion at ports and worsening supply chain disruption.

From 1 January 2022, companies that import goods will no longer be able to take advantage of a temporary six-month grace period allowing them to delay making customs declarations to HMRC and paying any tariffs due. Instead, they will have to do so immediately. Three in 10 of the leaders of firms that import from the EU polled by the Institute of Directors (IoD) said they were not at all prepared for the change, with 37% of small businesses and nearly a quarter of large ones saying they were not ready.

Kitty Ussher, chief economist at the IoD, said: “In just three weeks’ time, significant changes to our customs arrangements are going to be introduced, for which a large portion of businesses are either unprepared or simply unaware. “This will exacerbate existing supply chain problems, leading to further congestion at ports, as well as extra costs from accidental non-compliance for many businesses.

https://www.businesstelegraph.co.uk/a-third-of-uk-importers-not-ready-for-full-brexit-customs-checks-survey/

Can you imagine what we would be facing had Johnson and his mob not 'Got Brexit Done' :facepalm:

And no nearer any solutions to the Northern Ireland Protocol or securing our borders with any import controls :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So, a year on from 'getting brexit done' here comes the next series of kicks in the bollox for British companies in less than a month's time

A third of UK importers not ready for full Brexit customs checks

Nearly a third of British companies that import goods from the EU are “not at all prepared” for full post-Brexit customs checks, according to a survey of business leaders, sparking fears of increased congestion at ports and worsening supply chain disruption.

From 1 January 2022, companies that import goods will no longer be able to take advantage of a temporary six-month grace period allowing them to delay making customs declarations to HMRC and paying any tariffs due. Instead, they will have to do so immediately. Three in 10 of the leaders of firms that import from the EU polled by the Institute of Directors (IoD) said they were not at all prepared for the change, with 37% of small businesses and nearly a quarter of large ones saying they were not ready.

Kitty Ussher, chief economist at the IoD, said: “In just three weeks’ time, significant changes to our customs arrangements are going to be introduced, for which a large portion of businesses are either unprepared or simply unaware. “This will exacerbate existing supply chain problems, leading to further congestion at ports, as well as extra costs from accidental non-compliance for many businesses.

https://www.businesstelegraph.co.uk/a-third-of-uk-importers-not-ready-for-full-brexit-customs-checks-survey/

Can you imagine what we would be facing had Johnson and his mob not 'Got Brexit Done' :facepalm:

And no nearer any solutions to the Northern Ireland Protocol or securing our borders with any import controls :shrug:

Is Dominic Raab about to realise the significance of the Calais - Dover crossing, not just the Dover - Calais one?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is Dominic Raab about to realise the significance of the Calais - Dover crossing, not just the Dover - Calais one?

He”s too busy counting his fingers & toes working out how many Omicron patients are in hospitals at the moment. In one interview he said 9, then a few minutes later he said 25.
A later interview he said 10.

A Labour MP got slated two or three years ago for muddling her figures up. Our useless wet lettuce press aren’t bothered.

Dover/Calais, sunbathing whilst Afghanistan burned, said the sea was shut and can’t count.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
He”s too busy counting his fingers & toes working out how many Omicron patients are in hospitals at the moment. In one interview he said 9, then a few minutes later he said 25.
A later interview he said 10.

A Labour MP got slated two or three years ago for muddling her figures up. Our useless wet lettuce press aren’t bothered.

Dover/Calais, sunbathing whilst Afghanistan burned, said the sea was shut and can’t count.

he has got quite a lot of money tho'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two or three years ago I pointed out that EU citizens including spouses were having difficulties with getting their Settled status.

I was mocked by the usual suspects on here, telling me it was so easy and that I was wrong to highlight the difficulties.
Well, here we are.

[tweet]1471044602450882565[/tweet]

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Two or three years ago I pointed out that EU citizens including spouses were having difficulties with getting their Settled status.

I was mocked by the usual suspects on here, telling me it was so easy and that I was wrong to highlight the difficulties.
Well, here we are.

Happy Christmas from Cruella Patel.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Well, here we are.

papers.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s worth noting North Shropshire, besides being a ‘very safe’ Tory seat, was also a strong leave area. Farmers are realising they’ve been sold down the river too.
The by-election has returned the remain candidate with a massive swing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here