Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
And...there it is, just an hour or two after the Nissan announcement, it turns out the British taxpayer is bribing Nissan to stay here - estimates vary between £100-500m but the government isn't honest enough to tell us the precise figure.

"We send the EU £350 million a week let's fund Nissan instead."

Cheer up...soon be Christmas xx
Perhaps you could put a Leonard Cohen LP on, keep yer spirits up ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57663112

A shortage of skilled trade workers has developed as European Union migrants leave the UK and demand for home improvements rises, the founder of Homeserve has said.
Chief executive Richard Harpin said the shortages were "pretty bad" across the country, not just in construction but in other trades too.
He wants the government to put more trades on its jobs shortage list.
The Home Office has been asked for comment.
Mr Harpin, whose company also operates Checkatrade, told BBC Radio Four's Today programme he believed shortages were being caused by "mainly EU migrant workers going home".

Ironic

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
what a mess.

Not entirely unforeseeable :dunce:

And, let's not forget, what we are seeing currently are the results of our Brexit supporting friends much trumpeted and heralded 'Good deal'.

There were a significant number on here calling for 'no deal' :dunce::dunce:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

And, let's not forget, what we are seeing currently are the results of our Brexit supporting friends much trumpeted and heralded 'Good deal'.

you can just see down the track that European folk such as chefs , tilers , carpenters , sommeliers/maitre de , and basically anyone else in Europe who has an occupation that is in demand in the UK will be allowed to enter and work , possibly paying an elevated rate of tax but still probably earning more than they would on the continent , the only alternative to that is for the younger Brits to embrace education in such fields and fill the voids that are left by the missing Euro's

i was never vociferously for or against Brexit basically because i don't live there any more .....hindsight is a wonderful thing...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Comedy Gold over the past few pages, the usual suspects trying to claim rising wages across a number of sectors (18pc across hospitality and catering) partly thanks to ending the supply of cheap Labour from the EU is a bad thing, followed by the utter despair at the positive jobs and investment news from Sunderland where those supposed Turkeys didn't vote for Xmas after all and finally ...

WATFORD zero said:
As I have already explained from the moment you got Johnson as head of your Conservative and Unionist party well over a year ago, I have wanted and thought 'no deal' most likely....

:lolol::bowdown::dunce:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Over 320 posts and still not a single, sensible reply to the original question.
Anyone would be forgiven for thinking that no-one's life has been improved (although everyone is well aware that it's been detrimental to many).
Oh, well. :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Comedy Gold over the past few pages, the usual suspects trying to claim rising wages across a number of sectors (18pc across hospitality and catering) partly thanks to ending the supply of cheap Labour from the EU is a bad thing, followed by the utter despair at the positive jobs and investment news from Sunderland where those supposed Turkeys didn't vote for Xmas after all and finally ..

:lolol::bowdown::dunce:

And repeating your old pastafarian trick of editing my posts and then quoting them. I wonder why you wouldn't Quote it unedited ?

As I have already explained from the moment you got Johnson as head of your Conservative and Unionist party well over a year ago, I have wanted and thought 'no deal' most likely. As I pointed out before, no preparations had been made but when Johnson was elected and I realised the level of Idiocy we were dealing with (his and yours) all that changed. Of course, if you don't believe that to be true you could always find a post to the contrary (But remember, if you make up posts and then quote them, I'll show them up as lies just like every other time you've done that). And you still haven't told us what you think of the Irish Sea Border that you voted for ?

Or maybe I don't :lolol:

And how are you and your fellow unionists getting on with your alternative solution to the Northern Ireland protocol that you proposed, championed and voted for, before realising it was completely unimplementable :dunce:

(Hope your 'friend' has cheered up a bit :thumbsup:)

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The labour shortage in hospitality is especially desperate. The government has mishandled furlough and Brexit just pours petrol on the fire.

It was a 45 minute wait for a drink in Wetherspoon's in Eastbourne last time I was in there, despite it not even being busy. They just can't get the staff now. Not surprising that hard of thinking Brexit voters think this a good thing when the educated ones like Tim Martin were telling them how great Brexit would be in 'Wetherspoon's News' etc. As a result of my experience I've barred myself from all branches of JD Wetherspoon's plc again.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It was a 45 minute wait for a drink in Wetherspoon's in Eastbourne last time I was in there, despite it not even being busy. They just can't get the staff now. Not surprising that hard of thinking Brexit voters think this a good thing when the educated ones like Tim Martin were telling them how great Brexit would be in 'Wetherspoon's News' etc. As a result of my experience I've barred myself from all branches of JD Wetherspoon's plc again.

Was there a quiz on?
Back on topic..
https://twitter.com/alastairdick/status/1410640791643594756?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How big was the bung to Nissan then? Why isn't the government telling us?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Do yourself a favour and take your blinkers off
Regards
DF

I realise that being ridiculous is truly your style, but even those few brain cells must see that it's only you and Bag O'Shite (with the occasional support from the B team of the Troll Squad) who post all this drivel?

'Britain is booming', my arse - you're fooling no-one but yourselves.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I realise that being ridiculous is truly your style, but even those few brain cells must see that it's only you and Bag O'Shite (with the occasional support from the B team of the Troll Squad) who post all this drivel?

'Britain is booming', my arse - you're fooling no-one but yourselves.

But you post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here