Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bernard Jenkin struggling to adjust to life outside the SM and its all someone elses fault

https://www.politicshome.com/thehou...y-government-would-make-such-a-mess-of-brexit

He does sound like a complete ring piece though ".I also underestimated the way that the EU would be prepared to exploit the issue of Northern Ireland, to try to force the whole of the UK into alignment.".... it could equally be that the Tory government probably never realised the significance of the GFA and the border with the EU.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How do you know why people voted as they did? Have you done a national poll?

No I haven’t, but there was lots of evidence around at the time about people expecting that the day after the referendum, people expected the start of £350m per year being spent on the NHS, that if we voted for it on R day, that we would be “out” on R day +1.

On a slightly different tack there was lots of evidence of people making comments to European citizens living here, and also to non European foreign nationals (I.e. a Sri Lankan consultant surgeon) that “you’ll be going home soon, then” - people voting leave with a total misunderstanding of what it was all about. People not making their minds up until they actually went in to the polling booth.

I now await your cast-Iron proof that absolutely every one of the 51.7 (or whatever it was) percent who voted Leave knew EXACTLY what they were voting for.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He's another superior sausage who speaks for the minority condemning the majority, they'll not go away you know they just linger around like a bad smell :)
Regards
DF

Firstly I am not a sausage.

And secondly, can I ask how life has improved for you?

Jan 30, 2008
Firstly I am not a sausage.

And secondly, can I ask how life has improved for you?

It was never about personal improvement for me I just wanted our Sovereignty to be reclaimed and for the UK to be a world wide trading nation free from the restriction of the EU, job done thank you

I also object to being questioned by your type on the Subject, five years on and you haven't learnt anything about your tired rhetoric
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It was never about personal improvement for me I just wanted our Sovereignty to be reclaimed and for the UK to be a world wide trading nation free from the restriction of the EU, job done thank you

I also object to being questioned by your type on the Subject, five years on and you haven't learnt anything about your tired rhetoric
Regards
DF

Which EU restrictions on trade in particular are you glad we are now free from? Just off the top of your head, the ones that spring to mind that motivated your leave vote?

NB
I note with interest that only since Pastafarian stated this morning that it was not about personal gain but national improvement, you have adopted this argument, having never used it once in the last five years.
I’m sure that’s just coincidence :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s okay Fairy, why don’t you look the answer up in the morning. No rush. I’m sure you can find something that sort of fits the argument that Pastafarian gave you :)

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It’s okay Fairy, why don’t you look the answer up in the morning. No rush. I’m sure you can find something that sort of fits the argument that Pastafarian gave you :)

Yes, we must vote for this change for our country which I cannot describe or define, and I especially don't want to benefit personally or me or my families lives to improve in any way....:lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Regards
DF

At this rate the ppf parody account is going to be put out of business

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Regards
DF

A sensible reply - thank you, even if I disagree with your priorities.

And if you don’t like being questioned, you shouldn’t be dishing it out!

One man’s tired rhetoric is another man’s common sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here