Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don’t need to list the negatives you duncy mcdunceface, they are all on this thread apparently [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Work in progress, the services industry that had NO DEAL is just getting started

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm still reeling from the news he apparently watched one of our matches ..

.. not sure who he was supporting though.

Even the minister entrusted with negotiating the Irish Sea border that you wanted now admits it's an almighty f*** up :dunce:

Brexit minister says NI Protocol operation is ‘not sustainable’

The UK's Brexit Minister Lord Frost has said it is hard to see that the way the Northern Ireland Protocol is currently operating "can be sustainable for long".

He was speaking after a visit to Northern Ireland. The protocol is the part of the Brexit deal which creates a border in the Irish Sea. It was agreed by the UK and EU in October 2019 and was subject to further negotiation in 2020.

Lord Frost met businesses from several sectors including aerospace, food, retail, and life sciences. He also visited the Border Control Post at Larne Harbour.He said: "It's clear from my visit that the protocol is presenting significant challenges for many in Northern Ireland. Businesses have gone to extraordinary efforts to make the current requirements work, but it is hard to see that the way the protocol is currently operating can be sustainable for long."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57075664

Well who could have guessed :shootself

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
From that article

“Whilst some capital markets activity has clearly migrated from the UK to the EU, there is no doubt that the UK remains the largest capital markets hub in Europe,” Strachan noted.

You really do struggle to understand any aspect of what you've done, don't you :dunce:

Bankers quit London as Brexit relocations to EU step up

LONDON/PARIS (Reuters) - Investment banks are shifting more rainmakers out of London to financial centres across the European Union, accelerating the pace of moves after the pandemic and uncertainty over Britain's access to the bloc slowed relocations.

Morgan Stanley, Barclays and Goldman Sachs are among those moving senior bankers, according to sources at the lenders, as European regulators push banks to better staff their EU offices and travel restrictions ease. Local hiring has also increased.

The lack of a breakthrough in talks for a meaningful deal between Brussels and London on financial services post-Brexit has added to the impetus. Client-facing bankers in London are required a "chaperone" based inside the bloc whenever they speak to clients, spurring some to relocate to avoid that complication when sealing deals.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bankers-quit-london-brexit-relocations-120427598.html

I'm sure it would be easier to explain quantum physics to chimps :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes, I now have a Spanking brand new British passport and my investments have risen by 7% I can still withdraw money from a cash point and fill my cars up with petrol and food is plentiful on the shelf and I have Gas and electricity
All in all very satisfied with Brexit thank you
Regards
DF

And talking of chimps, the third of the wise monkeys turns up with the funniest line of the week :lolol::lolol::lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Back on topic ...

MORE Brexit good news!

A Subsidy Control Bill will set out post-Brexit regulations on how the government can support private companies, now the UK has left the EU's "state aid" regime

As the UK is no longer bound by the EU’s bureaucratic and prescriptive state aid rules, the government’s Subsidy Control Bill will create a new, tailored UK-wide subsidy control framework for providing more tailored financial support to businesses - including innovative, R&D focused industries to encourage job creation and growth across all parts of the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56987630

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/beis-in-the-queens-speech

#takingbackcontrol

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Back on topic ...

MORE Brexit good news!

A Subsidy Control Bill will set out post-Brexit regulations on how the government can support private companies, now the UK has left the EU's "state aid" regime

As the UK is no longer bound by the EU’s bureaucratic and prescriptive state aid rules, the government’s Subsidy Control Bill will create a new, tailored UK-wide subsidy control framework for providing more tailored financial support to businesses - including innovative, R&D focused industries to encourage job creation and growth across all parts of the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56987630

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/beis-in-the-queens-speech

#takingbackcontrol

Excellent. A press release full of promises and a quote from Kwasi Kwarteng, the man employed by Johnson in an desperate attempt to make Liz Truss look competent :dunce:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You really do struggle to understand any aspect of what you've done, don't you :dunce:

Bankers quit London as Brexit relocations to EU step up

LONDON/PARIS (Reuters) - Investment banks are shifting more rainmakers out of London to financial centres across the European Union, accelerating the pace of moves after the pandemic and uncertainty over Britain's access to the bloc slowed relocations.

Morgan Stanley, Barclays and Goldman Sachs are among those moving senior bankers, according to sources at the lenders, as European regulators push banks to better staff their EU offices and travel restrictions ease. Local hiring has also increased.

The lack of a breakthrough in talks for a meaningful deal between Brussels and London on financial services post-Brexit has added to the impetus. Client-facing bankers in London are required a "chaperone" based inside the bloc whenever they speak to clients, spurring some to relocate to avoid that complication when sealing deals.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bankers-quit-london-brexit-relocations-120427598.html

I'm sure it would be easier to explain quantum physics to chimps :lolol:

Even harder to Snakes

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Even the minister entrusted with negotiating the Irish Sea border that you wanted now admits it's an almighty f*** up :dunce:

Brexit minister says NI Protocol operation is ‘not sustainable’

The UK's Brexit Minister Lord Frost has said it is hard to see that the way the Northern Ireland Protocol is currently operating "can be sustainable for long".

He was speaking after a visit to Northern Ireland. The protocol is the part of the Brexit deal which creates a border in the Irish Sea. It was agreed by the UK and EU in October 2019 and was subject to further negotiation in 2020.

Lord Frost met businesses from several sectors including aerospace, food, retail, and life sciences. He also visited the Border Control Post at Larne Harbour.He said: "It's clear from my visit that the protocol is presenting significant challenges for many in Northern Ireland. Businesses have gone to extraordinary efforts to make the current requirements work, but it is hard to see that the way the protocol is currently operating can be sustainable for long."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57075664

Well who could have guessed :shootself

I wish you would shoot yourself.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes, I now have a Spanking brand new British passport and my investments have risen by 7% I can still withdraw money from a cash point and fill my cars up with petrol and food is plentiful on the shelf and I have Gas and electricity
All in all very satisfied with Brexit thank you
Regards
DF

Your investment performance impressed me so much, I decided to have a quick look at mine (I normally only check monthly). My low risk investments have returned 16.83% in the last 12 months. It's what tends to happen when the world starts to come out of the biggest pandemic it's seen in modern times :facepalm:

Just PM me and I'll give you the number of a good IFA :lolol:

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Your investment performance impressed me so much, I decided to have a quick look at mine (I normally only check monthly). My low risk investments have returned 16.83% in the last 12 months. It's what tends to happen when the world starts to come out of the biggest pandemic it's seen in modern times :facepalm:

I'd prefer my tax money goes back into the economy, he should spunk it on fags n booze like every one else

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'd prefer my tax money goes back into the economy, he should spunk it on fags n booze like every one else

88c01b1e3bbadcd6cc28aad5b901386a.jpg

For the avoidance of doubt I’m not suggesting YOU are the shark.

Jan 30, 2008

thanks for you interest in my investments but where did i say my 7% was over a year???
is this a classic case of willy waving ???
regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here