Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm guessing that if you spend all day every day on NSC you have to take your 'immense pleasure' where you can, and the fact that he's made 5 posts on it probably means it's the highlight of his week, if not month :shrug:

But strangely, not a single post on the actual subject of the thread, BREXIT :dunce:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm guessing that if you spend all day every day on NSC you have to take your 'immense pleasure' where you can, and the fact that he's made 5 posts on it probably means it's the highlight of his week, if not month :shrug:

But strangely, not a single post on the actual subject of the thread, BREXIT :dunce:

And back on topic

It appears Jonson's mob are completely incapable of actual negotiating International deals

Fury over ‘devastating’ collapse of fishing talks

There was anger on Friday as the collapse of post-Brexit talks over access to Norwegian seas spelt the end of the UK’s distant-water fishing industry after hundreds of years.

Hundreds of fishermen and support staff face being left without work and fish and chip shops across Britain will be selling Arctic cod imported from Norway rather than landed by UK ships.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/fury-over-devastating-collapse-of-fishing-talks/ar-BB1geqDo?ocid=mailsignout

Who knew ? :shootself

More Watford Edit [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Ooohhhhhh [emoji23][emoji23]

Good start, you're not flouncing.... although the response isn't really very meaningful, is it?
Now if you can get back to serious dialogue about the topic then that's two steps forward!
That's what this thread is about and no doubt you have something interesting to say about it rather than being reduced to puerile responses with the same old emoticons...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

And back on topic

It appears Jonson's mob are completely incapable of actual negotiating International deals

Fury over ‘devastating’ collapse of fishing talks

There was anger on Friday as the collapse of post-Brexit talks over access to Norwegian seas spelt the end of the UK’s distant-water fishing industry after hundreds of years.

Hundreds of fishermen and support staff face being left without work and fish and chip shops across Britain will be selling Arctic cod imported from Norway rather than landed by UK ships.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/fury-over-devastating-collapse-of-fishing-talks/ar-BB1geqDo?ocid=mailsignout

Who knew ? :shootself

I've noticed the current Brexiter traits seem to be revelling in the negative effects Brexit is causing and how the worse government ever has made a pigs ear of it, then post poll leads showing how they are getting away with it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Good start, you're not flouncing.... although the response isn't really very meaningful, is it?
Now if you can get back to serious dialogue about the topic then that's two steps forward!
That's what this thread is about and no doubt you have something interesting to say about it rather than being reduced to puerile responses with the same old emoticons...

I don’t know what the solutoin is [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I don’t know what the solutoin is [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I do believe you; you don't.

But let me know when you have stopped obsessing and creaming yourself and I am ready for a grown up Brexit debate when you are!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do believe you; you don't.

But let me know when you have stopped obsessing and creaming yourself and I am ready for a grown up Brexit debate when you are!

Of course he doesn't understand any aspect of it. There was a polite (if somewhat short) discussion Here when he picked a single issue that had arisen as a result of his (obviously well researched :wink:) vote 4.5 years earlier and tried to understand what he had done.

It's the only time I believe that he has actually tried to contribute to the subject of Brexit.

It finished a few of posts later with
Mmm tricky, I’ll give it some more thought, thank you for your considered answers.
and that was 6 months ago. I guess he's still thinking, so it's back to constant trolling in the meanwhile :dunce:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Of course he doesn't understand any aspect of it. There was a polite (if somewhat short) discussion Here when he picked a single issue that had arisen as a result of his (obviously well researched :wink:) vote 4.5 years earlier and tried to understand what he had done.

It's the only time I believe that he has actually tried to contribute to the subject of Brexit.

It finished a few of posts later with and that was 6 months ago. I guess he's still thinking, so it's back to constant trolling in the meanwhile :dunce:

I suppose 22 lines was a bit much to expect an edit free post, anyway I’ve got a shoulder of Lamb in the oven that needs attending and my football team are playing the gentleman of the City of Leeds at 3pm, maybe see you on the match day thread over in the real world [emoji6]

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I suppose 22 lines was a bit much to expect an edit free post, anyway I’ve got a shoulder of Lamb in the oven that needs attending and my football team are playing the gentleman of the City of Leeds at 3pm maybe see you on the match day thread over in the real world [emoji6]

I was waiting for this. When Brexit questions start, bring out this old chestnut before Chicken Runaway.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Did they really? Will it matter to tribal tories?
Many seem impervious to the evidence. I suppose it is still too raw for them to admit to an error in judgement at the moment, even to themselves....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I was waiting for this. When Brexit questions start, bring out this old chestnut before Chicken Runaway.

I appreciate that following your local football team might seem a little alien to the likes of you but it was a throughly enjoyable game and started a magnificent weekend, family lunch today, Line of Duty tonight & [MENTION=37958]Lever[/MENTION] posting You Tube vids about PPE, what more could a guy want [emoji122]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I appreciate that following your local football team might seem a little alien to the likes of you but it was a throughly enjoyable game and started a magnificent weekend, family lunch today, Line of Duty tonight & [MENTION=37958]Lever[/MENTION] posting You Tube vids about PPE, what more could a guy want [emoji122]

Time to celebrate. XXXXXL Chicken bucket with slaw, beans and curly fries today ? Go Large :thumbsup:

But back on topic,

For those who are actually looking forward to getting out to restaurants soon,

‘Quite a challenge’: UK restaurants and pubs face staffing crisis after Brexit

The hospitality industry is facing a staffing crisis as restaurants and pubs say that up to a quarter of those employed before the Covid-19 pandemic will not return. The UK’s largest listed pub group, Mitchells & Butlers (M&B), has lost 9,000 of its 39,000 staff since last year; D&D, the owner of more than 40 upmarket restaurants including Le Pont de la Tour and Coq d’Argent, is looking for up to 400 recruits out of a total 1,300 UK workforce; and Pizza Express is looking for 1,000 staff, having laid off thousands less than a year ago.

Pubs and restaurateurs agree that there is a particular challenge in the south-east of England and London as a lack of supply of skilled people from the EU, post-Brexit, is causing issues with hiring staff, especially in the kitchen. More than 30% of hospitality workers across the UK are thought to have come from Europe pre-Brexit but that rises to more than half of those employed in London.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/companies/quite-a-challenge-uk-restaurants-and-pubs-face-staffing-crisis-after-brexit/ar-BB1gfxkx?ocid=mailsignout

It was going to say they have inadvertently f***ed that up too, but of course, they knew what they were voting for :shootself

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Time to celebrate. XXXXXL Chicken bucket with slaw, beans and curly fries today ? Go Large :thumbsup:

I’m sure the above will be edited at some point [emoji6]

As much as that sounds nice, it’s from scratch Beef Wellington today with Roasted (skin on ) new potatoes with garlic and rosemary, creamy spinach & glazed carrots [emoji106]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

But back on topic,

For those who are actually looking forward to getting out to restaurants soon,

‘Quite a challenge’: UK restaurants and pubs face staffing crisis after Brexit

The hospitality industry is facing a staffing crisis as restaurants and pubs say that up to a quarter of those employed before the Covid-19 pandemic will not return. The UK’s largest listed pub group, Mitchells & Butlers (M&B), has lost 9,000 of its 39,000 staff since last year; D&D, the owner of more than 40 upmarket restaurants including Le Pont de la Tour and Coq d’Argent, is looking for up to 400 recruits out of a total 1,300 UK workforce; and Pizza Express is looking for 1,000 staff, having laid off thousands less than a year ago.

Pubs and restaurateurs agree that there is a particular challenge in the south-east of England and London as a lack of supply of skilled people from the EU, post-Brexit, is causing issues with hiring staff, especially in the kitchen. More than 30% of hospitality workers across the UK are thought to have come from Europe pre-Brexit but that rises to more than half of those employed in London.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/companies/quite-a-challenge-uk-restaurants-and-pubs-face-staffing-crisis-after-brexit/ar-BB1gfxkx?ocid=mailsignout

It was going to say they have inadvertently f***ed that up too, but of course, they knew what they were voting for :shootself

Bingo [emoji23][emoji23]

897d08016df44dc4208af434963fe4c2.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m sure the above will be edited at some point [emoji6]

As much as that sounds nice, it’s from scratch Beef Wellington today with Roasted (skin on ) new potatoes with garlic and rosemary, creamy spinach & glazed carrots [emoji106]

Of course you are :lolol:

Enjoy

Maybe you could try editing to actually add something meaningful about Brexit - As if :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here