Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Does anyone still have the pdf of the official Vote Leave campaign? It has disappeared, along with the pages explaining why we should leave and the benefits of leaving, from their website.

It's probably not good reading for the Brexit voters.

Edit: found it. It's a good read. Even now. EU red tape.... Oops.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Does anyone still have the pdf of the official Vote Leave campaign? It has disappeared, along with the pages explaining why we should leave and the benefits of leaving, from their website.

Still grizzling?

WE'VE LEFT.

Hope that helps.

200_d.gif

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If would be pretty dumb because it is not reciprocal

For example we drop tariffs on EU imports to zero they are under no obligation to do the same in return. Plus under WTO rules we have to offer the same zero tariffs to rest of the world.

So not much incentive for anyone to do a trade deal with us if they already have access to our market without tariffs

I think half the Conservative party don't really understand how basic international trade functions, they are slowly learning.

It's not just half the Conservative party that don't understand basic international trade. There hasn't been a Brexit supporter on this thread in 4.5 years that has the first clue :shrug:

They don't want to adopt any other standards as apparently that is 'giving away sovereignty', hence the impasse with the EU until Johnson miraculously backs down on the Level playing field. But next thing, I bet they will be claiming that adhering to 3rd party standards from some body of 'unelected loons' would be just what Britain needs.

Ooops

Unlike you, others do appear to realise there is much more to modern trade agreements than just tariffs.
They can contain a whole raft of topics that are incentives beyond tariff free or low tariff access.
Mutual recognition of each others standards, WTO level of agreement on state aid subsidies, visa liberalisation, removal of non tariff barriers, multilateral arbitration on investments, geographic indications, public procurement, intellectual property and on and on.
You are living in a bygone age, and clearly don’t understand how international trade functions when you think trade agreements are simply about tariffs.

As if chucking these in amongst a few completely meaningless terms was going to hide them :facepalm:

(And I know i said I wasn't going to respond to him under any of his various guises, but sometimes like Ppf, it is just too ridiculous not to highlight)

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We cant currently come to an agreement, but the EU themselves have come to agreement on such issues with other Non-EU third countries, Canada trade deal, Vietnam FTA, Japan EPA. And countries elsewhere, with no EU involvement at all, do come to agreement on these issues in their trade agreements. This is not an alien concept to have agreement on these topics.

In those deals, restrictions reduce over time as greater alignment of standards are achieved, we are negotiating the opposite, with the addition of having the Good Friday Agreement to respect and a land border with the EU.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Edit: found it. It's a good read. Even now. EU red tape.... Oops.

You would need to ask someone who was undecided how they would vote at the commencement of the referendum campaign and was swayed by campaign literature.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
(And I know i said I wasn't going to respond to him under any of his various guises, but sometimes like Ppf, it is just too ridiculous not to highlight)

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

It was always going to be you that would have no idea countries already agree on basic state aid protocols at WTO level with the WTO Anti-subsidy and Countervailing Measures Agreement, and do indeed use these existing rules as a basis for inclusion on state aid management in trade agreements.
Perhaps look up the recent agreement on multilateral arbitration on investment within the EU CETA and Vietnam FTA agreements before pretending it doesnt exist
:dunce:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As an aside, what exactly is it which will magically appear on 1.1.2021 and which will need moving between “Midlands to Grimsby” and cover all the redundant drivers who were previously doing runs into Europe ?

its the existing loads re-routed through other ports. much of the traffic through Dover does so out of convenience, if cost and congestion change that, then other ports will be used more. already seen with Felixstowe, much of the problem there being lack of drivers available for onward delivery.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Have you by any chance read Animal Farm? The constant bleating of the (rather dim) sheep, 'Two Legs Bad, Four Legs Good' has its echo in your approach. Can you just for once come up with something original please? We'll take it as a given that 'we've left the EU'.

Given that we have left, what's your theory as to why some continue to question the intentions and wishes of those wanting to leave?

Better to move on and get on with life? :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
Have you by any chance read Animal Farm? The constant bleating of the (rather dim) sheep, 'Two Legs Bad, Four Legs Good' has its echo in your approach. Can you just for once come up with something original please? We'll take it as a given that 'we've left the EU'.

Echo chamber ? That's choice coming from the sheep like behaviour of the EU loons on here , move on it's all over on the 1.1.2021,the sun will rise on a new era
Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It was always going to be you that would have no idea countries already agree on basic state aid protocols at WTO level with the WTO Anti-subsidy and Countervailing Measures Agreement, and do indeed use these existing rules as a basis for inclusion on state aid management in trade agreements.

:dunce:

Still editing my posts and then answering your edited version, I see. Old habits eh :wink:

the-point.jpg

As it said in the unedited version of my post.

How do we negotiate with and democratically elect to this body, which is going to be defining all these rules governing the way Britain does it's international business, (if we don't fold and agree to the EU doing it), because that is all important to the Brexit supporters, apparently :facepalm:

And, with your latest bout of idiocy, I'm really not going to feed your attention seeking multiple personality disorder any more. It's a waste of my time and I really don't think it's doing you any good. Try and get off NSC and out more, it's sunny out there :bigwave:

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Still editing my posts and then answering your edited version, I see. Old habits eh :wink:

View attachment 131412

As it said in the unedited version of my post.

How do we negotiate with and democratically elect to this body, which is going to be defining all these rules governing the way Britain does it's international business, (if we don't fold and agree to the EU doing it), because that is all important to the Brexit supporters, apparently :facepalm:

And, with your latest bout of idiocy, I'm really not going to feed your attention seeking multiple personality disorder any more. It's a waste of my time and I really don't think it's doing you any good. Try and get off NSC and out more, it's sunny out there :bigwave:

Main man is in the house.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Unlike you, others do appear to realise there is much more to modern trade agreements than just tariffs.
They can contain a whole raft of topics that are incentives beyond tariff free or low tariff access.
Mutual recognition of each others standards, WTO level of agreement on state aid subsidies, visa liberalisation, removal of non tariff barriers, multilateral arbitration on investments, geographic indications, public procurement, intellectual property and on and on.
You are living in a bygone age, and clearly don’t understand how international trade functions when you think trade agreements are simply about tariffs.

So every trade agreement you sign involves, by default, some level of surrender of sovereignty. Rather a blow to the "it's all about sovereignty" side of the pro-Brexit camp, isn't it?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So every trade agreement you sign involves, by default, some level of surrender of sovereignty. Rather a blow to the "it's all about sovereignty" side of the pro-Brexit camp, isn't it?

2i9v8i.jpg

Looks like someone accidentally blasted a hole below the waterline in the final refuge of the Brexiteers 'it's all about sovereignty' excuse. I wonder whether they have thought of going without WTO in order to 'maintain their sovereignty'.

A sort of Turkmenistan deal :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here