Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
agree except the last point. Johnson wants a deal, otherwise he hasnt delivered what he promised. if he wanted no deal they'd have stopped negotiations months ago, tell business thats what future is and we'd be in a better position. the past 2-3 months was all about appearances of tough negotiation expecting a breakthrough, then sell the deal, here and there. couple of weeks ago it was done, went backwards, now no one has achieved anything and some hard questions asked how it was misjudged.

I'm afraid I have to take issue with this. From day 1 The EU said, and it was blindingly obvious, that the UK would never get tariff free access to the Single Market without a bare minimum of abiding by all the rules and regulations the other 27 members use. I really can't imagine what would possess anyone to think otherwise, or believe anyone else who would try to sell them such blatant and obvious bullshit :shrug:

There has never been the slightest indication at any point in the last 4.5 years that the EU would change this principle, even after it was re-named the 'level playing field' and despite all the waffle from all over the Leave campaign and supporters about a 'good deal'.

The complete fantasy that this was somehow possible has been repeated time and time again by Leave supporters on here. But every single one, when cornered on how their 'good deal' would actually work was totally unable to explain this complete dichotomy. Some only a few weeks ago :wink:

And now they will be looking to blame everyone else for their naivety :shootself

So I'm sorry but there was definitely nothing 'done a couple of weeks ago that then went backwards'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
amusingly EU contingency plan assumes an open fisheries agreement for a year.

Source ?

Because if it's the same as my source, it also assumes plans for planes, lorries, tariff free access to the Single Market subject to level playing field etc etc (It's actually a proposal for an extension to the transition)

Here you go

But I see you caught a few of the obvious ones

800px_COLOURBOX27986561.jpg

or maybe gammon wrapped trout would be more appropriate

f88d07c01949b1dae0e4425f9ce6aba2.jpg

:lolol:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Source ?

Because if it's the same as my source, it also assumes tariff free access to the Single Market subject to level playing field etc etc (It's actually a proposal for an extension to the transition :lolol:)

source is @vonderleyen twitter. what you suggest sounds like skinny deal being floated weeks ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Source ?

Because if it's the same as my source, it also assumes tariff free access to the Single Market subject to level playing field etc etc (It's actually a proposal for an extension to the transition [emoji38]ol:)
From where we are now, Johnson would be wise to extend the transition period.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
source is @vonderleyen twitter. what you suggest sounds like skinny deal being floated weeks ago.

I think you probably need to read the whole thing (There's a link in my post above, but don't stop at the headline). And what did you think this 'Deal' was that was 'done a couple of weeks ago and then went backwards' ?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think you probably need to read the whole thing (There's a link in my post above). And what did you think this 'Deal' was that was 'done a couple of weeks ago and then went backwards' ?

i read the EU press release. it doesnt mention single market anywhere, only air, road and fisheries.

the deal was supposed to be close to agreement, which is no longer the case, thats all that can be said.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
i read the EU press release. it doesnt mention single market anywhere, only air, road and fisheries.

the deal was supposed to be close to agreement, which is no longer the case, thats all that can be said.

Well now you've read the full release, you will realise why I said the line you used was only a small part of an offer of various extensions. I genuinely thought you had read the whole thing and were just using that one fishing line in order to fish for gammon wrapped trout (and you caught a couple) :wink: Sorry.

Where did you see that it was close to a deal and what did they say had been agreed about the level playing field in order for a deal to be close ?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I reckon it’s going to be no d-eel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here