Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tesco's chairman has warned about empty shelves and food prices. Raab isn't concerned despite 30% of our food coming from Europe. After all, what does Tesco's chairman know about anything?

[tweet]1336944169013620736[/tweet]

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Great news for anyone planning a trip to Europe in the foreseeable future.

“The European Commission has confirmed reports that a ban on travel to the EU because of Covid-19 levels, applied to non-EU countries, will be extended to UK visitors from 1 January.

Currently only eight countries with low Covid rates are on the approved list for free travel and there are no plans to add the UK to that list.”

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Tesco's chairman has warned about empty shelves and food prices. Raab isn't concerned despite 30% of our food coming from Europe. After all, what does Tesco's chairman know about anything?

I don't think Raab appreciated that so much food came from Europe.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think Raab appreciated that so much food came from Europe.
He's a fool then.

We have had 4 years to build polytunnels, plough fields and setup flocks and herds in the countryside and...... ....nothing.

OK, so exotic fruit maybe beyond us but there is no reason not to be far more self sufficient.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

5% percent, blimey we could dump double that exchange rate alone. Raab doesn't give a SHIT anyway

Loads of stuff from Europe has a long shelf life tinned toms, pasta, pesto, olive oil, some cheeses (feta & halloumi). Expect a real run on this stuff if we have no deal

#poorerbritain

Jan 30, 2008
5% percent, blimey we could dump double that exchange rate alone. Raab doesn't give a SHIT anyway

Loads of stuff from Europe has a long shelf life tinned toms, pasta, pesto, olive oil, some cheeses (feta & halloumi). Expect a real run on this stuff if we have no deal

#poorerbritain
The EU are shitting themselves while putting on a brave face
Regards
DF

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
amusingly EU contingency plan assumes an open fisheries agreement for a year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

That’s an interesting element as I believe it also allows the U.K. to continue selling their huge quota to the EU, e.g. 80% of Brixham’s haul goes to the EU. I feel it’s a wake up call, or a trap, for Johnson....if he asks for it to be removed he takes the livelihoods of British fishermen with it. I’m sure the fishermen will get over it, after all they won.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Seems generous, gives British fisherman a year to find new markets. Either that or we better start eating a lot of mackerel

Seeing British fish going from 0.02% to 0.01% of the economy would be a disaster!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Brusels jackboot won’t stop us takeing back control of our fishes as they will be given blue passports on 1 Jan and that means they are ours so up yours Delours

Regards

DF

Hake back control!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That’s an interesting element as I believe it also allows the U.K. to continue selling their huge quota to the EU, e.g. 80% of Brixham’s haul goes to the EU. I feel it’s a wake up call, or a trap, for Johnson....if he asks for it to be removed he takes the livelihoods of British fishermen with it. I’m sure the fishermen will get over it, after all they won.

the statement only mentions vessels access to waters. including the catch looks like tariff free trade on fish - "why not everything else?" would be obvious response to that. eitherway, to include such a contentious issue in a contingency plan show its not only Johnson getting things wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Brusels jackboot won’t stop us takeing back control of our fishes as they will be given blue passports on 1 Jan and that means they are ours so up yours Delours

Regards

DF

They need Huss more than we need them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here