Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
If you read the content of links before you post them, you may be better informed (and I mean in life generally, not just Brexit)

The EHIC doesn’t always entitle us to get all state-provided medical treatment free of charge. It does entitle us to the same medical care as a local resident of the country we’re in, but this may not be as comprehensive as the NHS. Where state-funded treatment isn’t entirely free, insurers will usually pay outstanding costs.

But, of course, because you are British, you should get better treatment than people who actually live there and everything should be entirely free shouldn't it :facepalm:
No not at all but we already have to have travel insurance going abroad, my wife in particular. However it was you that made a big issue out of the EHIC card when in reality travel insurance is far more important. To be honest when I handed my card over I wasn't expecting any preferential treatment or better treatment and deep down knew they were a waste of time.
:bigwave:
Tick tock.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
No not at all but we already have to have travel insurance going abroad, my wife in particular. However it was you that made a big issue out of the EHIC card when in reality travel insurance is far more important. To be honest when I handed my card over I wasn't expecting any preferential treatment or better treatment and deep down knew they were a waste of time.
Tick tock.

Go back and read what I said S L O W L Y. In fact, to make it easier, I will repeat it. This is your Government's own advice from their 'Prepare for Brexit' website.

And today's Brexiteer advent calendar window opens to reveal a nice surprise for EU holidaymakers with any pre-existing health conditions. From the Government's much lauded 'Prepare for Brexit' website

https://www.gov.uk/visit-europe-1-january-2021

Healthcare: check you’re covered

You should always get appropriate travel insurance with healthcare cover before you go abroad.

Your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will be valid up to 31 December 2020.

It’s particularly important you get travel insurance with the right cover if you have a pre-existing medical condition. This is because the EHIC scheme covers pre-existing conditions, while many travel insurance policies do not.

Tick Tock

Most and, in my experience, all the travel insurances I have taken out, will not cover pre-existing conditions. The EHIC does. You need to start checking the small print of your insurance if you are planning to go to the EU and have a pre-existing medical condition

Where, exactly did I say the EHIC is more important than travel insurance :shrug:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Justification :lolol: that was dealt with on the 31st January 2020, get over yourself like most reasonable people have !
Regards
DF

I really don't know why I bother, but try to imagine this scenario.

You are the owner of a small business (we have to suspend any connection to reality here and imagine that you have both a job and a business - I know, but bear with me :lolol:) and you make hand made England and Union Flags to a very high quality and export them to your friends in Alicante. (I thought you'd like that).

You import the linen from France which you order 16 weeks in advance and the dies from Japan and Switzerland under the relevant EU free trade deals and also order these 16 weeks in advance.

From 5 weeks time, August 1st, what changes should you make to your prices for your friends on the Costa Blanca, when they order their flags to cover the import duties for your materials and the export duty to Spain, and ensure you don't go bust in this new position of responsibility that I have (albeit rather foolishly) given you.

When you 'dealt with it' on 31st January 2020, what did you decide ?

(My bet on your answer is that you won't be able to concentrate sufficiently to get to the end of the question and will simply prove the assumption that you running a business would be totally and utterly ridiculous :lolol:)

Tick Tock

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

You are the owner of a small business (we have to suspend any connection to reality here and imagine that you have both a job and a business - I know, but bear with me :lolol:) and you make hand made England and Union Flags to a very high quality and export them to your friends in Alicante. (I thought you'd like that).

You import the linen from France which you order 16 weeks in advance and the dies from Japan and Switzerland under the relevant EU free trade deals and also order these 16 weeks in advance.

From 5 weeks time, August 1st, what changes should you make to your prices for your friends on the Costa Blanca, when they order their flags to cover the import duties for your materials and the export duty to Spain, and ensure you don't go bust in this new position of responsibility that I have (albeit rather foolishly) given you.

(My bet on your answer is that you won't be able to concentrate sufficiently to get to the end of the question and will simply prove the assumption that you running a business would be totally and utterly ridiculous :lolol:)

Tick Tock

Oh come on! What's this crap got to do with taking back control, getting Brexit done, the easiest deal in history, global Britain and a red, white and blue Brexit? You nit-pickers need to concentrate on the bigger picture. Stop being a moaning-minnie and believe in Boris. He'd good at the details. Oh, hang on...................

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Go back and read what I said S L O W L Y. In fact, to make it easier, I will repeat it. This is your Government's own advice from their 'Prepare for Brexit' website.

Most and, in my experience, all the travel insurances I have taken out, will not cover pre-existing conditions. The EHIC does. You need to start checking the small print of your insurance if you are planning to go to the EU and have a pre-existing medical condition

Where, exactly did I say the EHIC is more important than travel insurance :shrug:

I will write this S L O W L Y where did I say that you said EHIC is more Important than travel insurance.

Jan 30, 2008

Tick Tock

What a load of twaddle :rolleyes:
Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
What a load of twaddle :rolleyes:
Regards
DF

Just as I guessed, far too many words

p9ql7.jpg

I'll let you get back to your crayons, they won't chew themselves after all, will they ? :lolol:

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Good to see that in Dom Raab we've finally got ourselves a Foreign Sec who will stand up to the Chinese and let them know that unless they mend their ways, there'll be 'no business as usual'. Oh hang on, is he the same Mr Raab who was always banging on about being able to do new and ambitious trade deals once we escaped from the clutches of the EU?

Seriously, I can't blame him for tackling the Chinese in these circumstances, but did it never occur to the Brexiteers that outside of the relatively safe EU harbour we'd be exposed to some very choppy waters?

UK exports to China were worth £30.7 billion; imports from China were £49.0 billion, resulting in a trade deficit of -£18.3 billion.
The UK had a small surplus with China on trade in services, outweighed by a deficit on trade in goods.
China accounted for 4.4% of UK exports and 6.8% of all UK imports.
China was the UK’s sixth largest export market and fourth largest source of imports. UK trade with increased rapidly since the turn of the century – in 1999 China was the UK’s 26th largest export market and 15th largest source of imports.

We are running out of countries to fall out with. But there's always Russia. Oh hang on................

PS It's Ok because the figures show that they need us more than we need them! I'm sure I've heard that before somewhere.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Ever try using the EHIC card? I did. They weren't interested all they were interested in was my travel insurance details. So it'll be business as usual in many ways.
Tick tock.

It was a 25 Euro charge, reduced from 50 Euros for my wife to see the Doctor in Italy last year, no mention of EHIC card either. Your right it will be business as usual.

This is from 2010.
https://conversation.which.co.uk/travel-leisure/dont-rely-on-ehic-when-travelling-to-europe/0

Yes, a couple of times. I had to pay 15 euros to see the doctor and then another 15 euros for my prescription. Another time it was 25 euros.

Didn't you realise that you send the receipts off to Newcastle with your NI number and get 70% refunded due to the reciprocal arrangements within the EU?
Shame you didn't read up on the details on how it actually works.

Of course, travel insurance has a £50 excess anyway, and that's for something that isn't a pre existing condition.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The prepare for Brexit documents from the govt are interesting, struggling to find any of the predicted positives in there. Its almost as if they are letting the country know its going to be a massive cluster****. Who knew.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Yes, a couple of times. I had to pay 15 euros to see the doctor and then another 15 euros for my prescription. Another time it was 25 euros.

Didn't you realise that you send the receipts off to Newcastle with your NI number and get 70% refunded due to the reciprocal arrangements within the EU?
Shame you didn't read up on the details on how it actually works.

Of course, travel insurance has a £50 excess anyway, and that's for something that isn't a pre existing condition.
Shame you didn't read my post correctly because if you did you would see that I said they were NOT interested in the card. They wanted my insurance details. I know full well the details that come with the card. Shame you couldn't read my post properly.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This seems to be a recurring theme.
Have you not realised that Brexiteers don't do detail?

Is is that he’s not reading details properly or that he is not understanding what he’s are reading? Quite a lot of these Brexity types are rather stupid.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Shame you didn't read my post correctly because if you did you would see that I said they were NOT interested in the card. They wanted my insurance details. I know full well the details that come with the card. Shame you couldn't read my post properly.

Did you keep the receipts? You could still claim back what you'd spent including your insurance excess.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

Thunder Bolt didn't even mention the card. She was simply trying to very helpfully get you and [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] the money back that you are entitled to under EU rules and were moaning about having to pay out :rolleyes:

So are you going to answer the receipts question ? :lolol:

(Sadly, I don't have [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]'s patience when dealing with idiots)

D

Deleted member 22389

Thunder Bolt didn't even mention the card. She was simply trying to very helpfully get you and [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] the money back that you are entitled to under EU rules and were moaning about having to pay out :rolleyes:

So are you going to answer the receipts question ? :lolol:

(Sadly, I don't have [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]'s patience when dealing with idiots)

I wasn't actually moaning about paying out, grateful that my wife was able to see a Doctor in the first place. I was also just trying to show you that the EU card isn't always accepted. Did we claim the money back on insurance, the answer is no.

I am also not the ignorant person you have set in your mind. My wife speaks French, the Doctor we visited was in my mothers village in Southern Italy, I'm a little more educated about Europe than you think having visited France and Italy over 50 times throughout my life.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here