Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It was a fake (although, a very believable) story sadly.

Amusing watching all the 'gullible dickheads' w****** themselves into a frenzy over it though Dave .... comedy gold! :lolol:

Same old same old ..

00-745-548x300.jpg

:timmy:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Amusing watching all the 'gullible dickheads' w****** themselves into a frenzy over it though Dave .... comedy gold! :lolol:

Same old same old ..

00-745-548x300.jpg

:timmy:

You were gullible enough to think Brexit was a great idea though in the first place, so get off your high horse Footy numbnuts and go have another small glass of Pimms.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You were gullible enough to think Brexit was a great idea though in the first place, so get off your high horse Footy numbnuts and go have another small glass of Pimms.

Just another victim

Back in 2016 they were posting all kinds of crap on here about the benefits of Brexit, but little by little it all fell apart. All they have is hope that remainers are upset.

Kind feel of them, not sure where they go from here. Things like getting upset about statues it seems...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just another victim

Back in 2016 they were posting all kinds of crap on here about the benefits of Brexit, but little by little it all fell apart. All they have is hope that remainers are upset.

Kind feel of them, not sure where they go from here. Things like getting upset about statues it seems...

Thanks for your empathy. Most welcome.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So Boris was right then to predict that in June 2019.
The UK and EU amended Theresa Mays “deal”, and our membership ended with a “Deal” (The Withdrawal Agreement) and didn’t end on a No-Deal (No Withdrawal Agreement) basis.
Can imagine some strange types not knowing membership ended with a Withdrawal Deal, probably the same ones still staring at the cooker wondering when the oven ready deal (The Withdrawal Deal) will appear, not knowing the oven ready deal (The Withdrawal Deal) finally passed, got served and was delicious.
But in fairness thats only a small handful of simpletons who cant keep up.

So that's it then. Just a bit of tidying up and it's oven ready and good to go. And f those pesky Europeans don't like it, we can remind them (in plain English) that they need us more than we need them!

Small problem:
A transition period: during which the EU treats the United Kingdom as if it were a Member State, with the exception of participation in the EU institutions and governance structures. The EU and the United Kingdom will use these months to negotiate an ambitious and fair partnership for the future.

Oh hang on. The WA actually explicitly includes a pledge for more negotiation. Doesn't that actually mean that its not oven ready and good to go? Typical of these EU types to lay traps like this. Oh hang on - we agreed to this. Oh I get it: that's why it was called an Agreement

Look, here's a pragmatic solution. We send Pasta over there to explain things and sort it out/get it done. But what is the 'it'? Oh I know, the 'it' is w what voted for. Whatever that was.

Totally clear; Pasta knows. And they need us more than we need them: so it's sorted by Pasta on behalf of simpletons everywhere.

Next week: Pasta sorts out the Middle East. He's just booked his ticket to Colchester.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The really stupid thing is they seem to think (hope?) Remainers are way more upset than they actually appear to be. Most Remainers I'm aware of have resigned themselves to what happens and are simply preparing as best they can, often with a bit of gallows humour. Sure they keep pointing out where things are going wrong, but this seems to upset Brexiters a lot more than it does Remainers.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So we want no part in the European Arrest warrant it seems?

In 2017 UK police searched information on the Schengen information system 539m times. Britain requested 278 arrests in other EU states

Hope there is a plan B that as good or better, we risk becoming be a refuge for criminals from all over Europe. Heady days ahead for organised crime

#takingbackcontrol

D

Deleted member 22389

In 2017 UK police searched information on the Schengen information system 539m times. Britain requested 278 arrests in other EU states

Hope there is a plan B that as good or better, we risk becoming be a refuge for criminals from all over Europe. Heady days ahead for organised crime

#takingbackcontrol

We have been a refuge for criminals from all over Europe for years now, it makes no difference. It is the same all over Europe.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The really stupid thing is they seem to think (hope?) Remainers are way more upset than they actually appear to be. Most Remainers I'm aware of have resigned themselves to what happens and are simply preparing as best they can, often with a bit of gallows humour. Sure they keep pointing out where things are going wrong, but this seems to upset Brexiters a lot more than it does Remainers.

Nice post and a good point. But.......... I have to admit that this Remainer still gets a little bit miffed on an issue that will tank the economy, reduce our standing in the world, lead to short term chaos and damage the prospects of my grandchildren. Throw in the lies, deceits, sheer incompetence and sheep-like ignorance of a large proportion of my fellow citizens, and I shamefully admit to suffering from the occasional sense of humour loss.

I guess I'm just a bit embittered!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We have been a refuge for criminals from all over Europe for years now, it makes no difference. It is the same all over Europe.

Obviously except for difference of 539 MILLION pieces of information and the 278 arrests in 2017 :facepalm:

I'm beginning to wonder whether this is a brilliant spoof account and we've all been whooshed for years. It just can't be real, can it ???

Jan 30, 2008
Obviously except for difference of 539 MILLION pieces of information and the 278 arrests in 2017 :facepalm:

I'm beginning to wonder whether this is a brilliant spoof account and we've all been whooshed for years. It just can't be real, can it ???

Isn't it about time you kept it real,you really are a bitter lemon :bigwave:
Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nice post and a good point. But.......... I have to admit that this Remainer still gets a little bit miffed on an issue that will tank the economy, reduce our standing in the world, lead to short term chaos and damage the prospects of my grandchildren. Throw in the lies, deceits, sheer incompetence and sheep-like ignorance of a large proportion of my fellow citizens, and I shamefully admit to suffering from the occasional sense of humour loss.

Oh of course people will be angry. But we're not anything like as upset and traumatised as many of the pro-Brexit contingent like to claim we are. If anything many of us are putting our efforts to more useful things which will hopefully bear fruit, the booming membership of the Labour party under the pro-European Starmer being a case in point.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

#takingbackcontrol

Altogether now;

"Brexiters knew what they were voting for, this is the will of the people!"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I used to get angry on behalf of the people who would suffer most from this. But, at the end of the day statistically, the ones who will suffer most are the ones who voted for it. It's like dragging someone off the edge of their balcony, locking the french windows and turning round to find them jumping in a bath holding an electric bar heater :shootself

There's only so much you can do :shrug:

And, yes I'm aware there will be large numbers who didn't vote for it and will suffer, and who did vote for it and won't, but at the end of the day, every statistical breakdown of the Brexit vote and the Government majority at the last election, supports my statement that those who voted for it will 'get to enjoy the outcome of it' most.

All that can be done now is to hunker down and expect a lot more Brexiteers to get a lot more angry over the next few months, as the penny finally drops.

'Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite' as we used to say in Portslade.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here