Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Did I say you were the only ****witted nationalist?

..but I will tell you. Its called the Union Flag. The 'Jack' is the pole it flies from, usually made of wood, not unlike the content of your skull.
Whatever is said, calling the Union Flag the Union Jack in the Royal Navy would have been followed by a swift boot up the arse. Apart from scrounging off the State, how have you served it my little 'patriot'?

Get over yourself David you're not in the Navy now ,
As for a patriot you keep on slagging off the country from the Czech republic :rolleyes:
Regards
DF

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, I tend not to use apostrophes when using phone walking in the street, I will admit to laziness. Carry on with explaining why my post was wrong, considering I was in the RN?

Because it's not called the Union Jack because of the 'pole' it was flown from. I'm pretty sure you didn't complete your sign on period in the RN anyway - maybe you should have done and then you'd have known why it's called a Union Jack.

Jan 30, 2008
It was fear, what with the marches attracting numbers the Brexiteers could only dream of while the polls from 2017 on were consistently showing that most Britons didn't want to leave the EU anyway... fear that people were starting to see through the tawdry duo who ran the Leave campaign (and who are now destroying our country's reputation for good governance).

Unfortunately for the rest of us, a succession of dozy incompetents spread across the opposition benches meant that the populist chancers got away with it - only now are they being found out, and now is too late.

No hard feelings eh :lolol:
Regards
DF

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Because it's not called the Union Jack because of the 'pole' it was flown from. I'm pretty sure you didn't complete your sign on period in the RN anyway - maybe you should have done and then you'd have known why it's called a Union Jack.

OK I never raised or lowered one from the jackstaff. There's plenty of ex RN on NSC I'm sure they will corroborate your theory. I served over 4 years. You? Oh and you're pretty sure I didn't serve longer than my sign on period? You're basing this on?

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Wrong and worrying when someone that claims to have served in the Royal Navy doesn't know !

Our nations flag is called the Unions FLAG not the Union Jack ! But that's the problem when you prefer a fake flag like a blue one with yellow stars on it.

and there was me thinking it was called the UNION flag when all the time it was Unions....

Union Jack and Union flag are synonymous so don't try to be clever and get it wrong.

The point which you ignored was that the flag is supposed to represent the 4 nations yet 2 of those nations don't want to leave the EU hence my comment to the poster why wave it as though representing them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I would hope you're sober enough to apologise tomorrow (and I'm not talking about the bloody flag).

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You will have to show me where its called the Unions flag. I was a signalman in the RN and I was taught Union Flag. The only time I've ever heard of it being called the Unions Flag has been when reading your response

Some people don't know their Onions by the sound of things, its a Union flag, only a Union jack when flown from the jackstaff . I'm not RN but its pretty easy to find out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yep I've read that before, but call it the Union Jack in front of my Warren officer would ended miserably for me 😂

think its fair to say in the forces you do as the Warrant officer says. otherwise its Union Jack (note capitals) because thats what everyone knows it as, and there is no formal designation to say otherwise.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
british-flag.gif

:salute:

Trigger Warning
Another beautiful day in the worlds Greatest nation.
And a good excuse to champion again our Union flag, more commonly and lovingly referred to as The Union Jack by its people.

Haters of their country wont agree of course.....but who cares what they want to moan about

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Trigger Warning
And a good excuse to champion again our Union flag, more commonly and lovingly referred to as The Union Jack by its people.

Haters of their country wont agree of course.....but who cares what they want to moan about

Nobody hates their country nitwit. Nice try.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Trigger Warning

Always thought haters of this country were the ones that wanted us to be inward looking not outward, hostile to visitors, not welcoming, deregulating rather than holding the highest possible standards. Reasons we have a Union in the first place, peace, prosperity, good will. The haters want to tear all that down, they can’t possibly love the United Kingdom. Hopefully Brexit can happen without pulling all that apart, without losing our Britishness. Too many do want Brexit and to tear the UK down at the same time, seems very little care or compassion in what will result, only the act of Brexit matters - that isn’t loving your country.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Always thought haters of this country were the ones that wanted us to be inward looking not outward, hostile to visitors, not welcoming, deregulating rather than holding the highest possible standards. Reasons we have a Union in the first place, peace, prosperity, good will. The haters want to tear all that down, they can’t possibly love the United Kingdom. Hopefully Brexit can happen without pulling all that apart, without losing our Britishness. Too many do want Brexit and to tear the UK down at the same time, seems very little care or compassion in what will result, only the act of Brexit matters - that isn’t loving your country.

I think you are probably right about the champions of EU membership and haters of this country with a preference for a EU political union and a preference for people from mostly white European Countries, a belief that citizens from the rest of the world should be treated differently, an inward looking European protectionist attitude.
Thankfully brexit has come along and the cause being championed is to spread our wings globally instead of being inward looking and to have a non discriminatory immigration policy for those wishing to come here to work and live, equal to EU and Non EU alike.
You can thank us later

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here