Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Given that this is a Brexit thread, and that further you think Brexit will be done on Friday, do you intend to stop posting on 31/01/20 just to make the day doubly historic? This would be a popular move and would preserve your cult status for eternity.

Well i did say i wouldn't mind if the thread was locked or moved on the 31st, Jobs done and dusted ???
regards
DF

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Meanwhile back in the world of Brexit reality London surrenders top spot as worlds financial centre,

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....cial-services-centre-survey-a9304521.html?amp

Brexiters won the argument, but are now losing the sale

Who cares? As long as we get our hands on those blue passports the world is our oyster. OK so it might not be quite as easy to go anywhere and a tad more expensive, but that's fine. We can all go for a stroll along the White Cliffs, humming Vera Lynn's greatest hits.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Really terrific that 'lefties' is being used again, isn't it.Well, whatever does it for you!
Actually I don't think it went out with the Corsair and Jack Jones and I am pretty certain it was used in the GE thread on here and in the media.
P.S.Re Keith Joseph, yup, I reckon he was a Rightie.............a sort of boffiny academic 'Rightie', I seem to recall, although I am far from an expert on KJ's political theories.
Righty-ho!:D

All those that think we can just turn around in a few years and say ‘yep fair enough it didn’t work’ hopefully realise there’s no way we’d be allowed back in with the opt outs we currently enjoy. But o doubt they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
Who cares? As long as we get our hands on those blue passports the world is our oyster. OK so it might not be quite as easy to go anywhere and a tad more expensive, but that's fine. We can all go for a stroll along the White Cliffs, humming Vera Lynn's greatest hits.
but that's not true,??? POUNDS STRONG AGAINST THE EURO, what's not to like if you fancy a holiday in the Med
regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
All those that think we can just turn around in a few years and say ‘yep fair enough it didn’t work’ hopefully realise there’s no way we’d be allowed back in with the opt outs we currently enjoy. But o doubt they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We WONT BE GOING BACK :whistle:
regards
DF

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Rather simplistic, but whatever floats yer boat.

I take it 'We'll Meet Again' is not on your phone playlist?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
We WONT BE GOING BACK :whistle:
regards
DF

Just out of interest, if a group of membership-supporters managed to persuade the voting public that returning to the EU would be a surefire route to a land of milk and honey would you sit back and let it all happen, silent apart from a whistle of acceptance? Or would you join those resisting it?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just out of interest, if a group of membership-supporters managed to persuade the voting public that returning to the EU would be a surefire route to a land of milk and honey would you sit back and let it all happen, silent apart from a whistle of acceptance? Or would you join those resisting it?

Assuming that there is an EU kingdom to return to?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Obviously I voted leave so of course I'd campaign against rejoining ( resist is a bit of a strong word ). But I really don't think a majority of voters would vote to rejoin given it would mean taking the Euro.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I never did rate Vera Lynn, and I’d rather have a European passport. And my wife has just had to renew her passport, which is now a British passport, and it is ...... MAROON!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Obviously I voted leave so of course I'd campaign against rejoining ( resist is a bit of a strong word ). But I really don't think a majority of voters would vote to rejoin given it would mean taking the Euro.

You'd run the risk of the vitriolic hatred of JCPasta of course but thank you for replying. Given your reply can I take it that you respect the position of many of your opponents on this thread?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
a7b77891197a2b2b148ea3e1a26f1fc3.jpg

Is this what the democracy deniers are getting their bum conkers in a twist about?

On our way..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here