Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm not 100% clear on how this relates to a 'Brexit' thread but there you go.

Sometimes, I agree, it's just nice to get something off your chest.

I'm sure TB will be along, but as I'm passing...

The link shows how Morrisons are getting rid of 3,000 management jobs whilst at the same time recruiting 7,000 zero-hours workers, so providing a notional increase of 3,000 jobs. Brexiteers on here have been crowing about how Brexit has had no effect at all on employment numbers and TB was using the Morrisons example to show that their crude stats do not prove such a thing at all.

That's how I read it. Seems a very fair point I must say.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
where does any mention of zero hours come from?

The company says those in managerial jobs who want to remain working at Morrisons can stay. However, their new offer will be at the shop floor level. Front-line store staff at Morrisons earn £9 an hour.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm sure TB will be along, but as I'm passing...

The link shows how Morrisons are getting rid of 3,000 management jobs whilst at the same time recruiting 7,000 zero-hours workers, so providing a notional increase of 3,000 jobs. Brexiteers on here have been crowing about how Brexit has had no effect at all on employment numbers and TB was using the Morrisons example to show that their crude stats do not prove such a thing at all.

That's how I read it. Seems a very fair point I must say.

Ok, if you say so :thumbsup:

Capture.JPG

Personally, I am now putting BHA's slide down to the fact they're worried about Brexit.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes, being childish and petulant is not illegal. It's strange how some people are proud of it, or at best manage to achieve it in blithe ignorance of what they're doing.

Although most moderate, reasonable, democratic remainers came to terms with the 2016 referendum result a long time ago there has always been an extremist rump who can't help themselves. The usual suspects on here having ongoing temper tantrums since June 2016 with the self-awareness of a toilet brush. eg liars complaining about lying, people prone to making numerous moronic statements calling other people morons, trolls complaining about trolling, hypocrites complaining about hypocrisy etc All very embarrassing but there you go..

00-745-548x300.jpg

:timmy:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok, if you say so :thumbsup:

View attachment 119414

Personally, I am now putting BHA's slide down to the fact they're worried about Brexit.

I tried to find the post boasting about unemployment being at an all time low, but it was quite a few pages back. You may not think it is relevant, but it is, especially since the government has voted against keeping EU laws about employment rights after we leave. Expect to see a lot more news like this.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I tried to find the post boasting about unemployment being at an all time low, but it was quite a few pages back. You may not think it is relevant, but it is, especially since the government has voted against keeping EU laws about employment rights after we leave. Expect to see a lot more news like this.

So has what Morrisons are proposing broken EU laws?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

D

Deleted member 22389

Although most moderate, reasonable, democratic remainers came to terms with the 2016 referendum result a long time ago there has always been an extremist rump who can't help themselves. The usual suspects on here having ongoing temper tantrums since June 2016 with the self-awareness of a toilet brush. eg liars complaining about lying, people prone to making numerous moronic statements calling other people morons, trolls complaining about trolling, hypocrites complaining about hypocrisy etc All very embarrassing but there you go..

00-745-548x300.jpg

On and on and on, it will never end.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

00-745-548x300.jpg

Please will you define what you mean by 'came to terms'? I think you have used the phrase before, but in this context it seems very vague.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why not use a fresh slogan? This one's been around rather a long time now and is losing any meaning it may have had..... if it had any meaning in the first place.

Because when he tries to write a post of his own he just embarrasses himself, so he just quotes what JCFG says

zw6w7a0933j31.png

:lolol:

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It never had any meaning. It's just a meme designed to try and wind people up. Ignore it.

Fair enough...... but my hope is that if I call posts out for unthinking adherence to a tired old cliche, I might have a slim chance of moving the debate on from silly, dull sloganising to an engagement with the issues. I haven't quite given up on that yet......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough...... but my hope is that if I call posts out for unthinking adherence to a tired old cliche, I might have a slim chance of moving the debate on from silly, dull sloganising to an engagement with the issues. I haven't quite given up on that yet......

People who don't want to listen, won't. It's all accusations of negativity, not believing enough etc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I think that you are really optimistic if you think any Brexit supporting poster on here is going to engage in any of the issues. Of the few that are capable of engagement, the best you will get is the standard avoidance of 'nobody knows'.

Try starting a discussion on How the border in the Irish sea will work, the issues with trying to negotiate major trade deals in parallel despite their inter-dependencies, the timescales chosen to replace the 40 trade deals the EU have in place on top of the one with the EU. I wonder who would engage in any of those subjects ?

This despite the fact that the vast majority of economists, trade negotiators, industry experts and NI businesses all think they have a pretty good idea.

The one thing that is obvious is that anyone with any cognitive ability whatsoever will start to find out what is 'known' over the next 11 months if Johnson is telling the truth. (Unless, of course, all the people who voted Johnson into power have been naive, lied to and completely stitched up, but that couldn't have happened as everyone knew what they were voting for, didn't they ???).

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
People who don't want to listen, won't. It's all accusations of negativity, not believing enough etc.

That may well be right..... but I will make an assessment on that from any response I may (or may not) receive in response to what I consider to be a reasonable point made in a neutral manner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here