Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
You really are blind to the FACTS. All those industries confirming this will be damaging and you still blindly think otherwise. Yours and Baker Lite's comments sum up the current state of affairs.

Please can you tell me, from a business perspective, how we will benefit from leaving the EU. Please, just ONE positive. I'm itching to know, because there is NONE.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51161808 - Unbelivable from the Chancellor to come out with this.....we are screwed.

Why is it unbelievable , no point in pussy footing around LEAVE MEANS LEAVE business needs to accept things are changing and deal with it accordingly
Regards
DF

Why is it unbelievable , no point in pussy footing around LEAVE MEANS LEAVE business needs to accept things are changing and deal with it accordingly
Regards
DF

Why should they? When they know it is going to be for the worse, not the better. As a Government, you HAVE to listen to what business say, when they are the bread and butter to your economy. Simply ignoring them and their industries, for some weird f***ed up agenda ala Brexit, is simply mind boggling to say the least. Most normal politicians would listen and take note and possibly change things to help their working industries. This Javid bloke hasnt got a clue, like the rest of them.

Also, you still didn't answer my question by the way. What positive, from a business perspective, will Brexit bring? Please, just answer this based on fact, not some spouted Trump or Farage nonsense or Johnson nonsense for that matter.

Jan 30, 2008
Why should they? When they know it is going to be for the worse, not the better. As a Government, you HAVE to listen to what business say, when they are the bread and butter to your economy. Simply ignoring them and their industries, for some weird f***ed up agenda ala Brexit, is simply mind boggling to say the least. Most normal politicians would listen and take note and possibly change things to help their working industries. This Javid bloke hasnt got a clue, like the rest of them.

Also, you still didn't answer my question by the way. What positive, from a business perspective, will Brexit bring? Please, just answer this based on fact, not some spouted Trump or Farage nonsense or Johnson nonsense for that matter.

I'm not a Buisness man but you sound like you're speaking for EVERY business in the country # believe in Britain
Regards
DF

I'm not a Buisness man but you sound like you're speaking for EVERY business in the country # believe in Britain
Regards
DF

Yes I am and they have all said it won't be good for Britain and I believe in Britain, but I believe in a Britain being within within the EU. Not out of it. Your answer was a half answer to say the least too.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes I am and they have all said it won't be good for Britain and I believe in Britain, but I believe in a Britain being within within the EU. Not out of it. Your answer was a half answer to say the least too.

Mate, its a cult, they have no answers. When the jobs go, it will be someone else's fault

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Regards
DF

Or a literate man, or working man, apparently.

What you don't seem to understand is that people who do have jobs may have a bit of concern about the risk of losing them and want something a little more tangible than belief :facepalm:

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Or a literate man, or working man, apparently.

What you don't seem to understand is that people who do have jobs may have a bit of concern about the risk of losing them and want something a little more tangible than belief :facepalm:

You may not have noticed but tens of thousands of people have been losing their jobs well before the referendum and during the Brexit process. Manufacturing numbers have declined massively over decades, as we have become more service orientated. Our retail sector has been decimated as the switch to online purchasing increases. With online giant warehousing comes automation and minimal staffing levels. Numbers of large businesses will continue to decline. We are an SME dominated country, with 80% of that trade done within the UK.
Brexit will be a balancing factor. Some opportunities will be lost, others will be gained as we become the ' techno centre' of Northern Europe.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You may not have noticed but tens of thousands of people have been losing their jobs well before the referendum and during the Brexit process. Manufacturing numbers have declined massively over decades, as we have become more service orientated. Our retail sector has been decimated as the switch to online purchasing increases. With online giant warehousing comes automation and minimal staffing levels. Numbers of large businesses will continue to decline. We are an SME dominated country, with 80% of that trade done within the UK.
Brexit will be a balancing factor. Some opportunities will be lost, others will be gained as we become the ' techno centre' of Northern Europe.

So now we have an GDP that is 80% service based, we should give up all our service based trade deals and try and renegotiate them.

Okey Dokey

' techno centre' of Northern Europe

Maybe I just don't believe in meaningless slogans enough :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Thank you for representing the views of approx 5m business people in this country.
I am a business owner and amongst my clients ( numbered in the hundreds ) there is a pretty even split in pro/against Brexit views. I can only assume that your ' sample ' is a much smaller selective number.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
So now we have an GDP that is 80% service based, we should give up all our service based trade deals and try and renegotiate them.

Okey Dokey

' techno centre' of Northern Europe :rolleyes:

Our service industry is global and massively in surplus. It will strengthen even more post Brexit. Our trade deficit in goods is the major issue, particularly foodstuffs.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

There is a concern, which I am sure you have heard of, that most of the arguments in favour of Brexit are actually just slogans and soundbites. You may want to refute this so can you please show us that the sentence above is not just another example by dealing with these two neutrally-expressed questions.

1. What exactly is a techno centre?
2. What was stopping us becoming the 'techno centre of Northern Europe' when we were a member of the EU and can you give any examples of how not being a member will help us become such a thing?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
.. on and on and on ..

00-745-548x300.jpg

:timmy:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
and on and on and on ..

Same for you.

So, change that.
Provide genuine (real) positives.
Not 'maybe's', 'what could happen', 'possiblies', 'we could', 'I think' etc. Actual real positives, and when will they materialise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here