Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Get your tin foil helmet on again....
A question now for yourself, why is it all remainiac types are so, so negative? Doom, gloom, not a positive thought in you, I don’t mean 90% of remain voters, they accept democracy and pretty much moved on straight away, I mean the hand wringing democracy deniers, come on, accept you lost and come join the party, I’ll shake your hand and buy you a pint.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will watch events unfold, will be hilarious warching the people, who for eight years have been ****ing up, solve the problems they have mostly created. Its called 'winning' apparently. Ive just read about a town in the west country that voted leave have been told their local A&E is being closed down and moving to Bournemouth. I guess they were not being positive enough.

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I will watch events unfold, will be hilarious warching the people, who for eight years have been ****ing up, solve the problems they have mostly created. Its called 'winning' apparently. Ive just read about a town in the west country that voted leave have been told their local A&E is being closed down and moving to Bournemouth. I guess they were not being positive enough.

I don’t think think Momentum will be there, so hopefully no racist or anti Semitic incidents, I’m assuming you’re not going to join Me for a pint? So no one will be screaming those dreadful “Gammon” insults to those of us that had the temerity to vote to leave the corrupt EU.

On our way.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Get your tin foil helmet on again....
A question now for yourself, why is it all remainiac types are so, so negative? Doom, gloom, not a positive thought in you, I don’t mean 90% of remain voters, they accept democracy and pretty much moved on straight away, I mean the hand wringing democracy deniers, come on, accept you lost and come join the party, I’ll shake your hand and buy you a pint.

On our way.

That's a strong statement, full of emotive language. What is the 90% estimate based on? Is it the same premise that assumes 'sunny uplands' for everyone after we leave the EU? Please share the reasons for your optimism so we can make an informed judgement on our own futures.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
That's a strong statement, full of emotive language. What is the 90% estimate based on? Is it the same premise that assumes 'sunny uplands' for everyone after we leave the EU? Please share the reasons for your optimism so we can make an informed judgement on our own futures.

The 90% is based mainly on the remain vote that hasn’t thrown a tantrum, 16 million voted to remain, a relatively small number of loons have launched themselves into
a full blown Tammy huff.
My positive outlook on life after Brexit is based mainly on My general positive outlook on life,....that and the fact the other main contributors to the EUs ever expanding empire are on their knees, youth unemployment is rife throughout Continental Europe, Macrons storm troopers have been bludgeoning their own people for years now, the EU us a busted flush, thank god we’re leaving.

On our way.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The 90% is based mainly on the remain vote that hasn’t thrown a tantrum, 16 million voted to remain, a relatively small number of loons have launched themselves into
a full blown Tammy huff.
My positive outlook on life after Brexit is based mainly on My general positive outlook on life,....that and the fact the other main contributors to the EUs ever expanding empire are on their knees, youth unemployment is rife throughout Continental Europe, Macrons storm troopers have been bludgeoning their own people for years now, the EU us a busted flush, thank god we’re leaving.

On our way.

All you seem to be able to do is rubbish Europe, who's next to join us in leaving the EU? What will last longer our Union or theirs?

When it comes to offering anything positive for the UK you have nothing, its a pity you were all so positive when we first voted to leave. What happened?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
a full blown Tammy huff.

On our way.

How wonderful to be so positive. Now tell me where my husband can get a new job after being made redundant on 20th December, after 16 years. Him and the others.
So far he’s applied for 30 jobs. Anyone want an electronic design engineer?

I said, on this thread, that if we left the EU, his job would be in danger, and it was. Forgive me if I don’t rejoice.

D

Deleted member 22389

How wonderful to be so positive. Now tell me where my husband can get a new job after being made redundant on 20th December, after 16 years. Him and the others.

I said, on this thread, that if we left the EU, his job would be in danger, and it was. Forgive me if I don’t rejoice.

I know somebody who worked there and also got made redundant. They told me it had nothing to do with leaving the EU.

What about when Parker pen went, hundreds of people lost their job, that had nothing to do with Brexit.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Well said. There's a kind of iron law of economics. Leave a trading bloc = less trade = less growth = fewer jobs. For all the sunny uplands talk about new trade deals with new partners, the reality is that the economy will be damaged. I don't blame the Leave posters on this thread for not fully grasping this, but I do blame the otherwise very bright people who have orchestrated this for ideological purposes. The whole argument should have be framed in in terms of 'is this a price worth paying'? Because as night follows day, there will be a price and many will be asking why they are picking up the tab.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know somebody who worked there and also got made redundant. They told me it had nothing to do with leaving the EU.

They were wrong or you are misquoting them. The generic email address for employees had eu. as part of the mailing. The Americans bought in to get access to Europe and changed the name of the company. The CEO himself said it was down to Brexit, in December. Did your acquaintance work on the shop floor or in the office? The company hasn’t made any redundancies in their German, Spanish or French facilities.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
a full blown Tammy huff.

On our way.

The figure of 90% is precise, but the reasons behind your figure (not throwing a tantrum) is vague if not meaningless, rather like claims made by leading Brexiters before the Referendum (remember the £350 million for the NHS? precise figure but questionable logic).
Your positivity derives from having 'a positive outlook on life'. Great! Me too, but it isn't a very convincing rationale in terms of forecasting the future of our people.
The rest of what you write is simply 'project fear' of the kind that Remainers are usually accused of. I suggest the 'sunny uplands' belief springs solely from your positive outlook on life and doesn't really stand up to rigorous scrutiny; hence the reluctance to take up your invitation.......

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

From a one time remainer, and far from your biggest fan on here, I do hope he can get a suitable position elsewhere as soon as possible.

But, it was the dilly dallying delaying tactics of those who saw themselves as intellectually superior that ensured that Boris got his way. This will/has lead to some pain for the UK, in the short term at least. As has been shown by how the ‘red wall’ voted, the common man/woman has become utterly pissed off by the London/SE liberal intellectual twats telling them what they should and shouldn’t think. And on the issue of Brexit, and therefore the last GE, chose to give them a bloody nose.

And the reality was, that some like me, wanted to see the original referendum result respected, and voted Tory knowing that it was a vote for Leave. It is what it is, suck it up. But I wish you well.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From a one time remainer, and far from your biggest fan on here, I do hope he can get a suitable position elsewhere as soon as possible.

But, it was the dilly dallying delaying tactics of those who saw themselves as intellectually superior that ensured that Boris got his way. This will/has lead to some pain for the UK, in the short term at least. As has been shown by how the ‘red wall’ voted, the common man/woman has become utterly pissed off by the London/SE liberal intellectual twats telling them what they should and shouldn’t think. And on the issue of Brexit, and therefore the last GE, chose to give them a bloody nose.

And the reality was, that some like me, wanted to see the original referendum result respected, and voted Tory knowing that it was a vote for Leave. It is what it is, suck it up. But I wish you well.

In the end the dilly dallying ended and Boris created a Customs Border in the UK, breaking his own promise was the only way Brexit could limp over the line.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the end the dilly dallying ended and Boris created a Customs Border in the UK, breaking his own promise was the only way Brexit could limp over the line.

Not forgetting Boris caused the dilly dallying (along with his ERG chums & the DUP) by voting against May’s deal at least twice.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not forgetting Boris caused the dilly dallying (along with his ERG chums & the DUP) by voting against May’s deal at least twice.

The Tories increased their vote in the election by only 300k, hardly a ringing endorsement for Brexit.

Its up to Boris now to deliver now a Brexit that delivers for all and re-unites the country. I will still reserve judgement, whilst he is a proven liar and now has an opportunity to be prove the doubters wrong. He has a massive task, so much damage already...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A 'massive' leave party in remain voting London? What could possibly go wrong :lolol:

Yes, most people in London voted Remain but Remainers tend to be tolerant and calm, even in the face of physical provocation, as now. Imagine if things were the other way round and Remainers organised a Staying-in party in, say, Birminham.

Really. Think about it. Blood up the walls.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Yes, most people in London voted Remain but Remainers tend to be tolerant and calm, even in the face of physical provocation, as now. Imagine if things were the other way round and Remainers organised a Staying-in party in, say, Birminham.

Really. Think about it. Blood up the walls.

I went on 3 marches for People's Vote, collectively 2.7m people. The only trouble I saw was at the last one was an angry leaver barging his way through parliament square announcing himself as the peoples representative and looking for a fight. He was ignored.

Hope the leavers enjoy themselves on the 31st, I wish them no ill. There is a Whetherspoon's in Westminster they will glad to hear

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here