Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
looks like we have moved on to the " lancing a boil " stage, it's going to hurt, but, you might feel better.

Absolutely.... and now the emphasis is 'bringing it all to closure', swerving neatly away from 'the easiest trade deals in history'.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yes, a million or so people had a go. They stuck their hands in their pockets, they made their posters, they wrote their letters, signed petitions, marched peacefully along. And in the end it seems they failed. But I would rather fail like this than be just another little jeer leader sitting at his keyboard, keeping warm, doing nothing, poking fun at those who at least tried.

You are clearly still emotional about the debacle election. I understand that.
I also get the elation of tory/Brexit voting posters on here; there have been a lot of bruising exchanges, it became quite visceral and personal and their will is going to be enacted (although I still wonder if it will be popular as it begins to pan out).
However, I really don't get the graceless triumphalism; it seems a bit gratuitous and pointless to me.... a bit like if Remain voters constantly say 'I told you so' when some bad things inevitably start to kick in......
I endorse your sentiments about those people who acted, almost exclusively without incident, on what they believe.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But you voted for Johnson and the Tories. They have sheer contempt for the poor and working class.

I voted (again) to leave the EU and against Corbyn. That would not have happened if we had already left the EU and Corbyn wasn’t leader of Labour.
The largest mass membership of any modern political party and Remainers are the reason we have Boris Johnson as our PM.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes, a million or so people had a go. They stuck their hands in their pockets, they made their posters, they wrote their letters, signed petitions, marched peacefully along. And in the end it seems they failed. But I would rather fail like this than be just another little jeer leader sitting at his keyboard, keeping warm, doing nothing, poking fun at those who at least tried.

When you say fail like this you mean fail to get the people to vote again because you didn’t like it that the vote didn’t go your way
When you say fail like this you mean fail whilst creating ridiculous bullshit that people didn’t know what they were voting for
When you say fail like this you mean fail at scuppering the decision to Leave at every conceivable opportunity.
When you say fail like this you mean fail with numerous spurious court cases to stop Brexit happening.
When you say fail like this you mean failed whilst marching with your banners and your petitions and your letters to portray leavers as thicko xenophobic racists, the election result should convince you that this demonisation failed spectacularly on the country.
When you say fail like this you mean failed at ignoring a national referendum decision altogether and doing the opposite.
When you say fail like this you mean fail to cause irreparable harm to democratic accountability in this country
When you say failed like this you mean fail whilst being fully responsible for causing a rift in this nation that will take years to heal and not giving one single toss, because you must be right and your opinion is more important than the bloke that simply thought it wasn’t unreasonable to think if you vote to Leave then we should Leave.

Im glad you failed. You deserved to fail. Go and crawl back into the swamp you came from and take a long hard look at yourself.
You should be ashamed

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The UK has a veto on EU military policy so couldn’t be forced to participate in an EU army.

It is not legally possible for the EU to force the UK to join the euro if it remains in the EU

The Court of Justice does not, however, have any power to strike down national law; this is a task for the national courts. The national courts will, however, seek to resolve the conflict through interpretation. But UK courts are required not to enforce UK laws to the extent that they are incompatible with EU obligations.

Separate deals, as one nation, is not going to be any more beneficial as with the strongest trading bloc on the planet... we are a small nation and wont have the same clout.

The open door policy, is mainly stopping migrant workers to come and do low skill, and low pay jobs that British people would not consider, as they would be worse off than being on benefits

Think you, and many others were conned mate.. its understandable, as a lot of bs was shoved down our throats. Some accepted the bs, some looked into to it to see if it was indeed true.
Now we have another 5 years of a party who has doubled the national debt in 8 years, raised child poverty to alarming levels, cut back on essential services, and have lied, consistantly over just about every major issue. I think its sad. Im listening to what you have said, but you are ignoring actual facts. I know I wont change your mind, its not my job.

Read your reply.

I know we have the veto of joining the army but I don't trust our politicians to keep us out of it. WE, the people, don't have a veto, THEY, the Govt do. And you only have to look at the War Criminal that's Blair to realise that THEY will do things that are not in our best interests.

Joining the Euro. See above. Sure we didn't have to join per the Maastricht Treaty, but again I don't trust those who have the say, not to. I wouldn't have gotten a vote or say on whether we join or not. Just like the people of France and Germany etc... Didn't get a say.

It's not just the Court of justice, its the whole raft of laws from the insane EU bureaucracy.

Look at what the EU started at and what we signed up for vs what we have now and how far we've been taken down the road of more and more controlled by the EU. Then my fears above have a very real legitimacy.

By taking us out of the EU, we've stopped this so the Blairs of this country don't take us down those paths.

So where is the BS in this that I have swallowed?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
When you say fail like this you mean fail to get the people to vote again because you didn’t like it that the vote didn’t go your way
When you say fail like this you mean fail whilst creating ridiculous bullshit that people didn’t know what they were voting for
When you say fail like this you mean fail at scuppering the decision to Leave at every conceivable opportunity.
When you say fail like this you mean fail with numerous spurious court cases to stop Brexit happening.
When you say fail like this you mean failed whilst marching with your banners and your petitions and your letters to portray leavers as thicko xenophobic racists, the election result should convince you that this demonisation failed spectacularly on the country.
When you say fail like this you mean failed at ignoring a national referendum decision altogether and doing the opposite.
When you say fail like this you mean fail to cause irreparable harm to democratic accountability in this country
When you say failed like this you mean fail whilst being fully responsible for causing a rift in this nation that will take years to heal and not giving one single toss, because you must be right and your opinion is more important than the bloke that simply thought it wasn’t unreasonable to think if you vote to Leave then we should Leave.

Im glad you failed. You deserved to fail. Go and crawl back into the swamp you came from and take a long hard look at yourself.
You should be ashamed

Prick

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You are clearly still emotional about the debacle election. I understand that.
I also get the elation of tory/Brexit voting posters on here; there have been a lot of bruising exchanges, it became quite visceral and personal and their will is going to be enacted (although I still wonder if it will be popular as it begins to pan out).
However, I really don't get the graceless triumphalism; it seems a bit gratuitous and pointless to me.... a bit like if Remain voters constantly say 'I told you so' when some bad things inevitably start to kick in......
I endorse your sentiments about those people who acted, almost exclusively without incident, on what they believe.

Not in my nature to boast either. But weren’t the Brexiteers on here treated by some as dim racists for 4 years? Either way, Thursday night was always going to lead to the release of a lot of pent up mental energy.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

You should be ashamed

I have no more right to have my opinion heard than has anyone else. But no less right either. Debate can be carried out in a civilised way. Or your way.

You poor sad soul, spitting out your invective.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have no more right to have my opinion heard than has anyone else. But no less right either. Debate can be carried out in a civilised way. Or your way.

You poor sad soul, spitting out your invective.

You deserve to criticised .......in my opinion.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Read your reply.

I know we have the veto of joining the army but I don't trust our politicians to keep us out of it. WE, the people, don't have a veto, THEY, the Govt do. And you only have to look at the War Criminal that's Blair to realise that THEY will do things that are not in our best interests.

Joining the Euro. See above. Sure we didn't have to join per the Maastricht Treaty, but again I don't trust those who have the say, not to. I wouldn't have gotten a vote or say on whether we join or not. Just like the people of France and Germany etc... Didn't get a say.

It's not just the Court of justice, its the whole raft of laws from the insane EU bureaucracy.

Look at what the EU started at and what we signed up for vs what we have now and how far we've been taken down the road of more and more controlled by the EU. Then my fears above have a very real legitimacy.

By taking us out of the EU, we've stopped this so the Blairs of this country don't take us down those paths.

So where is the BS in this that I have swallowed?

Im trying to understand why somebody would vote into power,somebody he doesnt trust, to run the country for the next five years.
A power that has, apart from making a mess of Brexit, has doubled the national debt, given rise to child poverty at alarming levels, has
decimated public services, and has told lies, consistantly, on every issue. Its bizarre to me, but its your democratic right.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

No, just a few hundred thousand (unless Diane Abbott was doing the counting) who thought it acceptable to ignore 17.4 million fellow citizens (democracy) because they voted the 'wrong' way. But as you say you and your Lib Dem extremist fellow travellers failed miserably and hopefully have learned a valuable lesson (unlikely) that democratic results will be honoured and enacted in the United Kingdom .. even if a little belatedly.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Im trying to understand why somebody would vote into power,somebody he doesnt trust, to run the country for the next five years.
A power that has, apart from making a mess of Brexit, has doubled the national debt, given rise to child poverty at alarming levels, has
decimated public services, and has told lies, consistantly, on every issue. Its bizarre to me, but its your democratic right.

Because he is the lesser of 2 evils. Because a UK under Corbyn would put this country back into the dark ages. Because any decent hard working person would be taxed to F*** to pay for his ridiculous and totally unworkable policies. Because Corbyn considers me 'rich' and need to pay more in taxes to support those that don't want work.

I am considered rich because I earn £50k a year. I work my @rse off every day of the week. I do manual labour, outside in the sun, rain snow wind frost and any other conditions the UK weather throws at me. My work has a high danger factor, I mess up and I could easily be crippled for life, at best. I don't take risks, it's just the nature of the profession that I do.

I have 2 brothers in law. One is married to my wife's sister. They have 3 kids. He's a few years younger than me, early 50s. He's worked 2 years of his life after he left university, 30 odd years ago. Never worked a day in his life since. Totally healthy and capable of working, choses not too. Voted Labour because his benefits aren't enough. My wife's brother is 50 next year. He has a part time job, works 15 hrs a week as a martial arts instructor so is a lot more fit than me. Never left home. Supports Labour and Corbyn because 'society' isn't supporting him enough. Doesn't get that 'i' am that society, along with the rest of the 'workers' "who pay in taxes.

This is off the Brexit theme but is why I voted for Boris apart from getting the bloody thing finished.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Because he is the lesser of 2 evils. Because a UK under Corbyn would put this country back into the dark ages. Because any decent hard working person would be taxed to F*** to pay for his ridiculous and totally unworkable policies. Because Corbyn considers me 'rich' and need to pay more in taxes to support those that don't want work.

I am considered rich because I earn £50k a year. I work my @rse off every day of the week. I do manual labour, outside in the sun, rain snow wind frost and any other conditions the UK weather throws at me. My work has a high danger factor, I mess up and I could easily be crippled for life, at best. I don't take risks, it's just the nature of the profession that I do.

I have 2 brothers in law. One is married to my wife's sister. They have 3 kids. He's a few years younger than me, early 50s. He's worked 2 years of his life after he left university, 30 odd years ago. Never worked a day in his life since. Totally healthy and capable of working, choses not too. Voted Labour because his benefits aren't enough. My wife's brother is 50 next year. He has a part time job, works 15 hrs a week as a martial arts instructor so is a lot more fit than me. Never left home. Supports Labour and Corbyn because 'society' isn't supporting him enough. Doesn't get that 'i' am that society, along with the rest of the 'workers' "who pay in taxes.

This is off the Brexit theme but is why I voted for Boris apart from getting the bloody thing finished.

Not sure that Brexit is responsible for members of your family, but fair enough. Its happening, whether I like it or not. I hope for the best, but evidence pretty much tells me not to. We will see.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not in my nature to boast either. But weren’t the Brexiteers on here treated by some as dim racists for 4 years? Either way, Thursday night was always going to lead to the release of a lot of pent up mental energy.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point. Well said......

Success is to be celebrated and enjoyed; it's just that some feel the need to continue the vitriol after the event......

Let's see how it goes over the next few years. Maybe we will all be celebrating this election result. Maybe not.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think Corbyn would have been a disastrous leader for this country, even if the manifesto pledges were mainly good.... and as for Momentum - they seemed extraordinarily similar in their support of Corbynism to the Brexiters' unicorn aspirations. Both exhorted sceptics to simply 'believe more' and had no evidence to back up their views.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
'Pastafarian: You just looked in the mirror didnt you. I wouldnt like what i saw if i was you either
No doubt that wet blanket Lever who hates people being rude ....but only if it is leavers......will give you a thumbing'

Relax....
After the Election Result which you craved so much, you may never feel so vindicated and happy as you are now!
Now there's a thought.........

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here