Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As a remainer who reluctantly accepted Brexit while having grave concerns as to the type of Brexit that was being proposed by the Tories, I can no longer complain this is the mandate of the English that was required for BJ to crack on.

It's also the mandate of the Scottish people to have a second referndum on indipendance one which I suspect they will take.

As for my party the Labour Party it's a terrable result and one that will see us in the wilderness for the next five years as a minimum, JC has had two goes and while I like JC I can see he's not everyones cup of tea, and our manifesto while I agreed with most of it I think the public found it too much while the Tories had almost not manifesto other than lets get Brexit done a subject that Labour struggled with, so for Labour a time to regroup rethink what's needed to get the British public back voting for them again.

I think there's a lot who would argue with both of these points. With regard to Scotland the SNP only got 45% of the vote - does that translate to a demand for independence, anymore that the conservative's 45% does for Brexit?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think there's a lot who would argue with both of these points. With regard to Scotland the SNP only got 45% of the vote - does that translate to a demand for independence, anymore that the conservative's 45% does for Brexit?

it depends on your view of democracy. the concept for most people who have argued for brexit is essentially first past the post and the SNP can claim they are the biggest voice for Scotland now...

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Norway seeking to maintain access to UK waters. Will be speaking to the EU about this at the next summit.

So it begins... #LetsGetBrexit"started"

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Bizarre comment, is there a geographical exclusion zone to free speech? Also, have you asked the same question of daveinprague?

possibly but IF the individual has chosen to live in america then you as a very reasonable person should be able to see that he has given up his right to comment on a country he has left behind and how unjust it is that people from the EU
who have chosen to work & live & pay taxes here are excluded. it is quite simple :smile:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing has changed since yesterday so no point crowing about anything with regards to Brexit. It's not resolved itself overnight and nobody knows what Johnson does next and what he has to agree to if he is to get his FTA, if indeed he wants to.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
possibly but IF the individual has chosen to live in america then you as a very reasonable person should be able to see that he has given up his right to comment on a country he has left behind and how unjust it is that people from the EU
who have chosen to work & live & pay taxes here are excluded. it is quite simple :smile:

Interesting view, especially from someone who has absolutely no clue what I do and why I left. No need to explain it to the likes of you and I won't in any detail, but I left the UK to represent the UK government abroad, having spent many years working in and around the DfT, industry and at the EU from time to time. I actually feel that gives me quite a reasonable level of inclusion.

And I remain a proud British Citizen.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh well now the snowflakes are out of the equation let's crack on with getting out.

It's incredibly naive that you think those of us who believe in being part of Europe will just stop doing so. Remain just becomes Rejoin.

To keep us out, Brexiters will need to get luck every election. Rejoiners will only need to get lucky once.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Likes of me ? What does that mean? I was stating in your case IF . But to be clear you think ex-pats who chose to live abroad and don't pay taxes here should have more say than someone who has lived here 20 years and contributed to the economy. I don't know your circumstances but I assume you pay into our economy rather than one of those individuals who has chosen to go and live in another country because they prefer it and sit making snide remarks from the outside.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nothing has changed since yesterday so no point crowing about anything with regards to Brexit. It's not resolved itself overnight and nobody knows what Johnson does next and what he has to agree to if he is to get his FTA, if indeed he wants to.

About 15-20% done in 3.5 years, the only thing that has changed in the last 24 hours in remainers can now be removed from the blame list

EU position already pretty clear, UK needs to decide which harm level it selects. There will be no cake and eating it that for sure...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Yesterday there was a very real chance Brexit could still be blocked, today .... not so much.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Bizarre comment, is there a geographical exclusion zone to free speech? Also, have you asked the same question of daveinprague?

Actually, daveinprague is wondering why ppf and his like are not saying 'you dont live here'...as per usual.

I apologise for not wanting to see my country turn to shit, but there you go.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well my George Orwell quote came true on Thursday 12th December 2019

A bizarre outcome to the election, in that those in England and Wales who have been shafted by the Conservatives for the past decade have now put them into government for another 5 years.

Such is the majority, I do wonder whether the Tory right really matters so much now? Boris will ultimately do what benefits him best, a proven liar that will throw anyone under the bus, seen it over and over again.

Tough choice ahead, he might decide a softer Brexit is a better route with more ££ for public services and trying to tame the Scottish Indy Ref 2 push.

There is chance to unite the country if he wants to take it, or he might obey Farage, moody think tanks etc.

Hoping for the best but still fear the worse and have taken appropriate action to protect myself and my family from the worse that could happen

Grizzle, grizzle, grizzle.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Im clearing out the spare room to accommodate the unicorn, so its not all bad news. Will watch how it all unfolds. I believe it will unfold badly tbh.
Spoke with somebody this morning, who relies on the NHS as he has a serious condition, and he voted Tory. Beggers belief to me.
I suspect, if/when it turns to shit, they will blame somebody else though.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's incredibly naive that you think those of us who believe in being part of Europe will just stop doing so. Remain just becomes Rejoin.

To keep us out, Brexiters will need to get luck every election. Rejoiners will only need to get lucky once.

Just once? It's incredibly naive that you think those that believe in not being part of Europe will just stop doing so.

It's not a revolving door. Wake up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here