Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I have just realised why we struggle to see most things differently, except the Albion.

You put a high degree on detail, like a Rory Stewart.
I like to peel back the detail and expose the stuff that really counts imo.

We are just different thinkers, opposites attract?

Are you flirting with her? :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's time to move on, even if you don't agree with it. Stop the arguing and get Brexit done whatever way that happens. Nothing more to add.
Correct.

And to help the healing from Jan 31st the labelling needs to stop. No more "...who voted xxx in the referendum" from the BBC etc.

Move on, remove the word "Brexit" from the lexicon, stop labelling people as re(main/moan)ers or leavers.

Get a great trade deal with maximum EEA access for key sectors. And I say join the EFTA group, which we left in 1973, as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have just realised why we struggle to see most things differently, except the Albion.

You put a high degree on detail, like a Rory Stewart.
I like to peel back the detail and expose the stuff that really counts imo.

We are just different thinkers, opposites attract?

You're right. I do pay a lot of attention to details. That's why catchy soundbites don't mean a thing to me.

Attract? Thanks, but no thanks. :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The logic that Johnson no longer needs to rely on hardliners is simple enough. But presumably he's going ahead with the deal he's already made with the EU. So which parts of the deal are as yet undecided, and therefore in a position to become softer?

It's more what comes next.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Devolved Parliaments and Northern Ireland.

I always understood Hibernia to be a separate entity.Indeed,is it not the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?Hope Boris tells the sweaties to clear off,so we stop wasting money subsidising the deep-fried mars bar barbarians.They can drag down the EU with their begging bowl,and we will be even Greater Britain without them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So you'd be happy with a 'soft' Brexit then. Good.
Better than no Brexit ....................

Get a great trade deal with maximum EEA access for key sectors. And I say join the EFTA group, which we left in 1973, as well.
Does EFTA still exist? Wouldn't mind - but is anybody still in it? I'd have thought most of its former members are in the EU now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Better than no Brexit ....................

I've actually always agreed with this, even though it is more damaging than remaining. Most remainers I know always wanted a soft Brexit but the last few years have seen an attempt to hijack the result by the hardliners who should now be seen off if Johnson has the best interests of the country at heart.

I'm still fearful that No Deal is a real possibility though.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Devolved Parliaments and Northern Ireland.

Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain, it is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Great Britain constitutes the 2 countries of England and Scotland and the Principality of Wales. i.e. The big island.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Just fantastic to see those that tried to ignore the mandate from the referendum in the situation they now find themselves. It was a great night and Brexit can finally get done. And I do hope we have finally consigned Blair and Major to history. Onwards and upwards. Good times lie ahead.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As a remainer who reluctantly accepted Brexit while having grave concerns as to the type of Brexit that was being proposed by the Tories, I can no longer complain this is the mandate of the English that was required for BJ to crack on.

It's also the mandate of the Scottish people to have a second referndum on indipendance one which I suspect they will take.

As for my party the Labour Party it's a terrable result and one that will see us in the wilderness for the next five years as a minimum, JC has had two goes and while I like JC I can see he's not everyones cup of tea, and our manifesto while I agreed with most of it I think the public found it too much while the Tories had almost not manifesto other than lets get Brexit done a subject that Labour struggled with, so for Labour a time to regroup rethink what's needed to get the British public back voting for them again.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well my George Orwell quote came true on Thursday 12th December 2019

A bizarre outcome to the election, in that those in England and Wales who have been shafted by the Conservatives for the past decade have now put them into government for another 5 years.

Such is the majority, I do wonder whether the Tory right really matters so much now? Boris will ultimately do what benefits him best, a proven liar that will throw anyone under the bus, seen it over and over again.

Tough choice ahead, he might decide a softer Brexit is a better route with more ££ for public services and trying to tame the Scottish Indy Ref 2 push.

There is chance to unite the country if he wants to take it, or he might obey Farage, moody think tanks etc.

Hoping for the best but still fear the worse and have taken appropriate action to protect myself and my family from the worse that could happen

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1205402193123332096[/TWEET]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just fantastic to see those that tried to ignore the mandate from the referendum in the situation they now find themselves. It was a great night and Brexit can finally get done. And I do hope we have finally consigned Blair and Major to history. Onwards and upwards. Good times lie ahead.

If you’re in Miami, what right have you got to comment?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here