Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That.

And even once we’ve left, the fight to rejoin, begins.

A couple of years of the lies unravelling, and the slow dawning of the realisation of little England’s place in the world, should see support grow pretty quickly.

Agreed. None of what happens this morning suddenly makes Brexit a good idea. Nor does it make a Tory government a good idea for that matter.

And yes, merge this fishing thread into the quagmire of the Brexit thread.

Well, I’m off to bed with an audiobook unrelated to politics, it’s been a long night at work and I can’t see anything else to add.

Remain
TTFN
TC

D

Deleted member 2719

I think you’re mistaken if you think remainers are going to accept Brexit on the back of the GE result. The voting yesterday shows Britain has no clear appetite for Brexit.
However, it’s a lot more likely now obviously.
As far as Brexit is concerned. You may have won this battle, but the war rages on :)

But can you see how we can go forward now as it was a clear victory???

If you splinter off to far left with the Corbynites you will always be a minority as the country has shown clearly they don't like him of his policies.

There will be plenty of positives, but not if you won't embrace them.

Come on Clampy let's do this, accept this kiss in love, not sarcasm:kiss:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I used that title to bring us together.

I don't want this to be a ranting negative thread just a positive one.

You may not see a positive today, but maybe in the future, you can

You know things are going to be shit when Boris Johnson says " I will repay the trust of the voters "

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Please, can we all come to together behind Brexit and support our country now.

#together we can be Great Britain again.

#backbritain

Please reach out your hand of friendship on here and tell stories of how we can go forward.

I will pledge to back British business on a local and worldwide stage.

Who's in?:smile:

You'll probably find it a bit like beating Palace and then getting relegated a week later.
You can stick your "together" up your arse.

D

Deleted member 2719

You'll probably find it a bit like beating Palace and then getting relegated a week later.
You can stick your "together" up your arse.

That's football this is our country, people have been laughing at us and now we can grow rather than die a slow death, where parliament was strangling the country.

The people decided we move on.

Let's show them what we are all about.

Do you back the country at all?

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
That's football this is our country, people have been laughing at us and now we can grow rather than die a slow death, where parliament was strangling the country.

I back the country, I move on, but I don't have to agree with you, the people are not one, they are a minority majority. Irrespective of it all, Johnson has the power to move the country on how he likes, as opposed to before the election, so like it or not, I have no choice on the country's direction. But as in all democracies I don't have to agree with it or you. The phrase "together" might work for a football club when all is going good, but it didn't really endure the test of time. Ask Chris Hughton. Football/country, the mechanics/semantics are the same.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's time to move on, even if you don't agree with it. Stop the arguing and get Brexit done whatever way that happens. Nothing more to add.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

Are you talking about the 43.6% of the country?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Great Britain is a geographical term, not historical nor political.

sorry to be a pedant, but the Act of Union would beg to differ on this.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Nice try, and I appreciate the honesty and sincerity of your effort!

But I think you are underestimating the level of distrust and detestation that there is around from many people for our glorious leader.

I seriously hope that it all works out well, that we get the extra 50,000 nurses and that he becomes a benevolent one nation Tory, but I am fully expecting to need to say in future months and years "Well I didn't vote for them."

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
But can you see how we can go forward now as it was a clear victory???

If you splinter off to far left with the Corbynites you will always be a minority as the country has shown clearly they don't like him of his policies.

There will be plenty of positives, but not if you won't embrace them.

Come on Clampy let's do this, accept this kiss in love, not sarcasm:kiss:

You still treat this as if it is two individuals falling out and then making up..... When will you understand that this is not about trivial differences? It's about who we are and what we want our country to be. It isn't going to suddenly be a friendly environment because of your silly mixed messages and daft gestures. No one can legislate for someone else's good-will...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's time to move on, even if you don't agree with it. Stop the arguing and get Brexit done whatever way that happens. Nothing more to add.

Well now that we have the leader of the Leave campaign as PM with a huge majority, it couldn't be more straightforward. No excuses eh :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

This is the post I should of made, I put to much emphasis on being friends! :hilton:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Nice try, and I appreciate the honesty and sincerity of your effort!

But I think you are underestimating the level of distrust and detestation that there is around from many people for our glorious leader.

I seriously hope that it all works out well, that we get the extra 50,000 nurses and that he becomes a benevolent one nation Tory, but I am fully expecting to need to say in future months and years "Well I didn't vote for them."

You are a very nice person.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm thoroughly enjoying the continued crying from the usual halfwits on here.

Delightful :lolol:

To be fair at least 80% of them have taken it on the chin.

I suppose I should have understood some are amazingly fragile, you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink.:lol:

D

Deleted member 2719

The Roman Empire was ruled by Rome.
Not all of Great Britain is ruled by Westminster.

I have just realised why we struggle to see most things differently, except the Albion.

You put a high degree on detail, like a Rory Stewart.
I like to peel back the detail and expose the stuff that really counts imo.

We are just different thinkers, opposites attract?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here