Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But the current state of things needs addressing. PPF got a 3-month ban in January for making anti-Semitic comments AS PART OF A TOTTING UP PROCESS. Now, 1) none of us have a clue what this process is and 2) why was an anti-Semitic comment not deemed worthy of a full and permanent ban ON ITS OWN!? This desicions implies an anti-Semitic post will not get you a ban but will be a small increment towards a tempory ban.
Is this not massively wrong? I would urge you mods to get together and put up clear rules and explanations as to what the totting up proceedure is and what constitutes bans.

:shutup: you’re drowning out all the inane Brexit drivel from both sides and almost amazingly your posts have become even duller than those on this thread

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well I am sorry if calling out failings and trying to make something fairer, clearer and better for everyone is DULL!
Anyway, [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] is/will simply ignore everything I have said as it requires them to actually do something. Or they will be back with some "smart" clique quip.

I though he gave a pretty good, reasoned and measured response about 50 pages ago.

Anyway, back on topic, looking forward to the vote(s) and remaining in the EU :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be frank, if you can’t out argue and ridicule the likes of those three you might as well not bother. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel.

I didn’t have you down for an oppressor of free speech. I’m quite disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm be more disappointed that a moderator dismisses posters concerned about a far right element on here as "oppressors of free speech".

.. not a good look.

Jan 30, 2008
You need to take closer look. Looney was posting (often quite subtlety) links to a variety of dubious USA websites or even links to individuals on YouTube with some very dodgy beliefs.

They have also been a few posters on here over the years who used to site to promote far-right views, openly supporting the BNP for instance.

If it was rubbish those posters wouldn't have been banned on a number of occasions and subsequently banned for ever. My problem is how long they are allowed to stick around. I had along debate with a moderator on here a while back. With all good intentions they felt is what better they were "debated" out.
You 're sounding like a teachers pet ,free speech and all that ,put me on ignore if you want to be a snowflake :wink:
Regards
DF

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm be more disappointed that a moderator dismisses posters concerned about a far right element on here as "oppressors of free speech".

.. not a good look.

nor is focusing on a poster for what their views might be. can only moderate on what they type.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be frank, if you can’t out argue and ridicule the likes of those three you might as well not bother. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel.

I didn’t have you down for an oppressor of free speech. I’m quite disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cannot out argue someone whose sole agenda is to provoke and bait. Ignoring them is the best option, but so many rise to the bait, it is difficult. It is simply trolling.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Ignoring them does nothing. Their posts need highlighting and the mods need to act and ban them. Simply ignoring them does nothing.

The thing is I do think the Oscar Wilde quote of 'there is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about' applies here though. I bet he's loving the attention, interest and reaction you're giving him. You really wont be missing anything if you do and he's not worth any time or expenditure of any energy in replying to.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not even Brexit being in deep freeze until after the election can kill this thread for a bit.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Tesla decide not to build European manufacturing plant in the UK due to Brexit and instead will be moving into a new site in Germany.

David Gork the Ex Tory is saying he fears that if the Concervative were to win the election and were to get his bad deal (words of Fararge) through parliament would then take the UK out of the EU with no deal

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Tesla decide not to build European manufacturing plant in the UK due to Brexit and instead will be moving into a new site in Germany.

wonder how this news will be reported in all the other countries that didnt get the business?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
wonder how this news will be reported in all the other countries that didnt get the business?

I guess with the reason why they did not get it?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Apart from The UK, which other countries did Elon Musk specifically mention as he did with: "Brexit made it too risky to put a gigafactory in the UK." :shrug:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Apart from The UK, which other countries did Elon Musk specifically mention as he did with: "Brexit made it too risky to put a gigafactory in the UK." :shrug:

Tesla looked at many other countries, notably Portugal for the solar and Czech for the lithium supply. unclear why he singled out UK.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tesla looked at many other countries, notably Portugal for the solar and Czech for the lithium supply. unclear why he singled out UK.

Why not? More interesting than some boring technical / logistic / whatever reason. I don't expect Elon Musk really cares about Brexit either way, but it obviously gave him a reason to take his business elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here