Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Great in theory but be careful.... I've looked at two sites and they suggested voting for different parties for my constituency, one of which has little chance of winning.

Is the other suggesting a party for you based on your opinions, rather on the best tactical choice to keep a Tory from winning?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No he isn't. Hugely popular out in the Shires. They all wanted him, warts and all. They are not going to desert him now.
He will still be in charge of the largest party, after the election.

I suspect you are right but they’ll need to parachute him into a safe seat in of those there Shires which should be embarrassing for him but won’t be because he is not capable of that emotion.

What will also be interesting is having the largest party not in power.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Glad to see some remainers still posting 'Project Fear' claims.

So you think drugs for the NHS will get cheaper in the event of a US trade deal? The US is only interested in itself, it always has been and it always will.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And we will need to pay market rate prices but it won’t be the NHS forking out. I’m pretty certain that the NHS will remain free under a BJ government but people will need to pay for our drugs and prescriptions. We’ll need insurance for that so your only looking at around £35 per month for the average per person (it’s £218 in the US but you get your complete healthcare package for that). In my family, that’s around £140 per month I’ll need to find. So no extra cost for the NHS except in hiring non-EU nationals to fill the the nurse and doctor vacancies, they’ll need a king’s ransom to come and work in this hateful country so expect another £10bn in salaries to come out the NHS per year.

800,000 personal bankcrupcies p.a due to medical bills in the US, that could be us one today. UK is at a massive crossroads.....

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
That report does not really paint the positive financial side of Brexit.

It works out at -£1,100 per person, per year but some individuals will do very very well out of Brexit.

We’ll see thousands of American pharmaceutical capitalists move into the country as the NHS is semi-privatised in order to bring the USA to the table to agree a trade deal. They will take residence in our most expensive properties, and benefit top end restaurants and sellers of luxury goods. Those high end product companies will also see amazing growth from disaster capitalists betting against UK businesses on the markets like Jacob Rees-Mogg who will finally get the financial dividends he so craves and that inspired him to be a politician in the first place.

Sunny uplands.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No he isn't. Hugely popular out in the Shires. They all wanted him, warts and all. They are not going to desert him now.

Think the Tories will be the largest party almost beyond doubt, of course that doesn't mean an ability to form the government. If BJ can't he might not stick around, a few hundred k from the owners of the Ritz hotel might just seem more appealing

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Happy BREXIT day everyone.

Don't forget to put your clocks back fifty years.

Oh...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I know some people – long-time Labour supporters, never had any time for the Tories – who LOVE Johnson. Said they'd love him to get Brexit deal through, essentially because of his personality...

All very odd!

D

Deleted member 2719

I guess with regard to 'blood being spilt', [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] was referring to [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] slicing the tip of his thumb off.

I feel for you.

Zero foresight and extremely premature.

You can celebrate all you like, this has gone to a different level now.

You just wouldn't let it lie.
https://youtu.be/0vECGh9hY68

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I guess that since she has had her last set of predictions from before the Tory leadership election proven correct yet again, it's probably time for some more 'impossible predictions' :wink:

She says

1. There will be another hung parliament
2. The MP for Brighton Pavilion will increase their majority again

Its surprising, with the huge publicity at the moment, that there is still only one Green Party MP in the UK but it is at least a small step toward Lucas' dream of an all white, female cabinet. Emily Thornberry will be in but alas not Diane Abbott who is " not one of the leaders " in UK politics and is, of course, black. She wants Nicola Sturgeon as well but she would have to give up her current role and sit in Westminster, without accountability. A government of female unity based on the idea that women are more reasonable and compromising than men ( Not my words....hers ) which might rule out Swinson but knowing Lucas' history, probably not.
Good old Brighton Pavillion voters. One forced apology from Lucas and all is well in the world again. Extreme views and prejudice permitted in this quarter.
( ps Don't plan too much air travel in the future )

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I know some people – long-time Labour supporters, never had any time for the Tories – who LOVE Johnson. Said they'd love him to get Brexit deal through, essentially because of his personality...

All very odd!

They've bought the snake oil, it didn't work, there is no refund available.

The Solution...

this next batch of snake oil will work. Just trust me, just trust me. I'll always keep to my word...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Question for Brexiters on here...

Now that the DUP have been thrown under a bus and a border drawn in the Irish sea. Will you finally admit the Irish border was not a red herring after all?

Jan 30, 2008
Nothings changed the referendum result still stands 17.4 million votes to leave the EU they will not be smeared by undemocratic loons, LEAVE MEANS LEAVE always has always will
regards
DA

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nothings changed the referendum result still stands 17.4 million votes to leave the EU they will not be smeared by undemocratic loons, LEAVE MEANS LEAVE always has always will
regards
DA

Well, the departure date's changed (again) for a start. Now there isn't even a fixed date, it's more a case of the EU saying "You can leave when your prime minister FINALLY gets his shite together"

The only person those 17.4 million people have been 'smeared by' is Johnson thanks to his arrogance, incompetence and unwillingness to admit that he fecked up royally :lol:

But hey, leave means leave. One day. Eventually. Maybe. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here