Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm so confused as to why people are happy for Boris to pull a budget AND his withdrawal bill which has now passed. Could it be that ANY scrutiny over either will show this government up to be a failure?

He also refused to attend the liaison committee AGAIN because he clearly isn't happy being questioned.

And people wonder why Corbyn might not trust him.

No one is wondering why no one trust Boris.

But Corbyn is running scared, he knows they won’t win.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems the argument over date of 9th or 12th is simply a spoiling tactic. setting the date of 9th means reducing parliament days, some wrap up business couldnt be done. so Liberals/SNP pick that date to look like they would have supported election if only the government would change the date. clever.
its not to do with students, most uni's break up the following week.

on other hand government want those extra days to pass the current withdrawal bill, which seems hopeful?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can someone explain why they don't just debate this withdrawal bill for the next month, rather than having an election? All that effort to get an agreement, then abandon it. I understand they wanted to push it through before October 31st, but with that date no longer a deadline, why aren't they trying to pass it? Haven't heard a good argument yet.

For many politicians, a General Election is the only way they really know how to resolve things. Many are so used to majority politics they can't get their heads round how to do stuff in a minority Government situation (unless you're a super-smart constitutional law geek like Starmer or Grieve). So it's basically their version of "Reset to Factory Settings" and hoping it all works out.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
:lolol:

I am guessing that Mr 'we are leaving in March, what part of 'we voted leave' don't you understand' has suddenly realised his long felt dweams have been snatched away, again? ???

What a ****ing shame :lolol:

Edit, I forgot to say: diddums, dry your eyes. And scream for a policeman.

If the EU had a sense of humour they should have extended A50 to 29th March 2020.

D

Deleted member 2719

Your contributions are becoming even more facile and pointless; I thought that was scarcely possible - but you've managed it.

Your obsession with me Harry is becoming more and more unstable.

You voted for total parliamentary control of the country, many Brexiteers screamed for it. Why did you do that when you consider them to be corrupt?
Seems a little bit stupid

I posted this picture as it came up on my FB feed and was putting it out there for discussion.

Just imagine if many people think this..............................The Brexit party could be a huge chunk of parliament soon, I've missed Ann.:love:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
[QUOTE=Mouldy Boots;9119870]Your obsession with me Harry is becoming more and more unstable.

Don't worry Mouldy, it's just fantasy you're having.
Your infantile approach to politics is fascinating though; the sheer shallowness of your thought processes is stunning.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Students go home for Xmas pretty much after their last lecture. I’d guess 50% would be gone by the 12th. Most won’t be Tory or Brexit Party voters.

most students will return at the weekend or following week from my experience. postal voting is available to avoid problems here, i expect heavily pushed by union and parties too.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
[tweet]1189116587137208320[/tweet]

Calm down Caroline, enjoy a cup of green tea.

giphy.gif

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
But Corbyn is running scared, he knows they won’t win.

It could also be argued that Boris is running scared being that he's not facing up to the responsibilities of his job.

Running scared of the WAB that has now PASSED and could be debated and we could LEAVE THE EU!!! Running scared of producing a budget. Running scared of the liaison committe.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It could also be argued that Boris is running scared being that he's not facing up to the responsibilities of his job.

Running scared of the WAB that has now PASSED and could be debated and we could LEAVE THE EU!!! Running scared of producing a budget. Running scared of the liaison committe.

Which makes it even more embarrassing for labour when they don’t win.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Everyone now seems to be on board for a December poll, it's a squabble for the date now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Everyone now seems to be on board for a December poll, it's a squabble for the date now.

I hope it's the Thursday. It will feel strange going to the hall on a Monday.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You have changed the question, previously it was
“what is it that you find so funny about racism/nazis?”

You clearly still have the wrong poster or possibly you are on the wrong forum.
I have never said racism is funny and have never said nazis are funny unless you include episodes of Allo Allo which had nazis in it, which was pretty funny,Spike Milligan did a few funny turns as a nazi too, bit hit and miss on the funny scale sometimes though. Please don’t be one of those unhinged snowflakes that was triggered by a frog meme.

The question hasn't changed simply because I didn't repeat it. Predictable, picky semantic word ****ery, typical of shitposters.
But I'll repeat it if you like. What is it you find funny about racism/nazis? I am genuinely interested. It seems either, very dodgy, or very childish.

'Snowflake' and 'triggered' are just part of the lexicon of shitposters who post stuff like 'Free Kekistan'. I'm sure you don't need reminding of the flag of Kekistan, for those who haven't seen it though, yes, it does look a lot like something else.
1*IpgDnbXnOrO3VR9B97qY5g.png

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Your obsession with me Harry is becoming more and more unstable.

I posted this picture as it came up on my FB feed and was putting it out there for discussion.

Just imagine if many people think this..............................The Brexit party could be a huge chunk of parliament soon, I've missed Ann.:love:

You would support a Brexit Party government?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hope it's the Thursday. It will feel strange going to the hall on a Monday.

I don't. The reason Johnson wants 12 Dec is that universities will have broken up and students will be back home. It will depend on where they are registered as to whether they are able to vote in a practical sense and could potentially effect the Green vote in Brighton Pavillion. Boris is painted as a buffoon but he's not that stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here