Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The U.K. proudly remains a fully paid up member state of the European Union.
Democracy triumphs again.
Remain means Remain
Regards
TC

I've already told you, there is no democracy in the UK. Its a fallacy.
Everyone on this thread worrying themselves senseless over Brexit and yet the inherent problems in our country will not be addressed by Remaining or Leaving.

1) Central power and big business now ride roughshod over local authority.
2) Chronic lack of ' affordable ' housing in the UK ( particularly SE )
3) Home ownership at its lowest level for decades.
4) Use of housing as a relatively high-yielding investment asset in a low interest environment, benefitting housebuilders and property speculators.
5) Regional inequality in the UK, as bad as anything in Europe
6) The complete disregard for the quality of life in the South East by allowing more and more housing to an area that is over-heated, inflated, water stressed and seeing its local services stretched to breaking point.
7) We do not have sustainable communities or sustainable transport infrastructure.
8) Nothing ever done to really help business start to regenerate this country. Just an ongoing litany of bureaucratic red tape, more and more taxation and disincentives.
9) Nothing ever done to try and correct the inbalance in our economy
10) 20 + years of open door immigration ( official and unofficial ) that has f--ked our social balance completely, creating ghetto areas, no go areas, areas of imported criminal dominance, division, resentment and anger. We were multi cultural. We always have been. Now its been ruined.

There is so much more and Leave or Remain, they will not be addressed. We are Lions led by Donkeys.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Everyone on this thread worrying themselves senseless over Brexit and yet the inherent problems in our country will not be addressed by Remaining or Leaving.

4) Use of housing as a relatively high-yielding investment asset in a low interest environment, benefitting housebuilders and property speculators.
6) The complete disregard for the quality of life in the South East by allowing more and more housing to an area that is over-heated, inflated, water stressed and seeing its local services stretched to breaking point.
7) We do not have sustainable communities or sustainable transport infrastructure.
8) Nothing ever done to really help business start to regenerate this country. Just an ongoing litany of bureaucratic red tape, more and more taxation and disincentives.
10) 20 + years of open door immigration ( official and unofficial ) that has f--ked our social balance completely, creating ghetto areas, no go areas, areas of imported criminal dominance, division, resentment and anger. We were multi cultural. We always have been. Now its been ruined.

There is so much more and Leave or Remain, they will not be addressed. We are Lions led by Donkeys.

None of which will be solved by leaving the EU. But yes, most of what you say is depressingly accurate.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

You seemed keen to be led by donkeys though.
As for 'lions', we are a country whose police had to ask the general public to stop calling them, because KFC ran out of chicken. Meow.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'm going large on Brexit to be delayed longer than 4 years since the vote. 23rd June 2016. We'll only have another 5 months after the extension date to meet that :D

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
48 years ago today, we joined the European Community.

It has down us a power of good. I had two children and didn't get maternity benefit or leave in 1970 & 1973.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
'The draft text of an agreement for the 27 EU ambassadors - seen by the BBC - also included a commitment that the Withdrawal Agreement on the UK's exit from the EU cannot be renegotiated in future.'

So, Labours current strategy of renegotiate WA, then 2nd Ref is in tatters I guess.

I assume their strategy now will have to be second ref, Remain v Johnsons WA, and campaign for Remain (as a Tory WA does not meet their Red lines) .

Presumably we could have May's WA and political deceleration?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Oh look another time waster pipes up , LEAVE MEANS LEAVE always has always will it's what Democracy is built on
Regards
DF

Still, the AfD did well in Germany Das Reich. No doubt you enjoyed that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh look another time waster pipes up , LEAVE MEANS LEAVE always has always will it's what Democracy is built on

Don't mind me, just bookmarking this for 11pm on Thursday night.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh yes I did, now toodle off and prepare to leave the EU on the 31st October
Regards
DR
Why so funny. We will leave on 31 October, with or without a deal, the EU won't be granting anymore extensions, and on my side the people won't put up with this unresolved issue indefinitely. There won't be a GE as Tories too weak to win even against toxic, unelectable Corbin and they know it.
There really is no point because we going to leave the EU whether the remoaners like it or not.
Bring on October 31st, it been way too long in coming.
It is the governments responsibilty. Am I happy? No, however I am not going to feel guilty either. Stop our exit by the 31st Oct or come up with a sensible agreement with the EU. Otherwise we leave.
It should be implemented in whatever way necessary. I didn't vote for either a deal or no deal, that wasn't on the table. It was Yes or No. I am very happy to take a no deal and get out on October 31.
The only reason we may now possibly get a deal is because A) Boris has made it quite clear we’re leaving come what may, and B) Boris has been prepared to compromise and find an acceptable way forward for all parties concerned in particular the DUP and the Irish PM. If we do leave with a deal on 31st October, it will certainly be a remarkable feat of leadership, which quite frankly will put the leader of the opposition to shame.
Get used to it, the Country is coming out of the EU this year.
I have a feeling Brexit will happen on Oct 31st because Boris is still telling us it will and if it doesn't happen then of course he has to go.
My hunch is that with No Deal removed he will crack and come back with a crap deal which will get passed.
I only don’t bother mentioning a further extension because currently the likelihood of another extension to negotiations beyond oct 31,is as we stand about zero to zilch.
No chance of a GE being triggered now. It seems to me that this is now over. MP's will vote against no deal in the only way they have left to do that. With a vote for this deal.

Oops :facepalm:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So much so that 17.4 million voted to leave ,give up on the time wasting and get ready for Brexit

They voted for "Brexits", not Brexit.

But finally we are discovering what Brexit actually is, and its nothing like what was promised in June 2016

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

How can do many people have been so wrong? :lolol:

Still, tis a shame that Ppf hasn't exploded, put a bit of a downer on my morning. Still, always time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here