Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That’s the other thing, what did we join? And what has it morphed into? If it was purely about trade deals I would be okay with it. It’s not though is it?

And as has been pointed out on this thread before, with lengthy evidence, the overriding issue in the first referendum was the sharing of sovereignty. As the Telegraph said at the time, it threatened to overshadow everything else.

I don't want to be unkind but the repetition of fondly-held myths doesn't turn them into facts.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
When e government legal advisor admits in the High Court, that is corrupt, then all expectations of respect are dead and buried.

Government legal advisor admitted what was corrupt? The Leave campaign? The current Government? The Referendum result?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And as has been pointed out on this thread before, with lengthy evidence, the overriding issue in the first referendum was the sharing of sovereignty. As the Telegraph said at the time, it threatened to overshadow everything else.

I don't want to be unkind but the repetition of fondly-held myths doesn't turn them into facts.

Therein lies the biggest problem of all, facts and beliefs.
People genuinely believe the lies and cannot be persuaded, no matter how many facts are presented as evidence.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So, to use the online shopping tangent:

You've put your light bulbs into your basket one day, but you've realised shortly after that those are the wrong lightbulbs.

Would you still buy the wrong lightbulbs, knowing that they are wrong, then go through a timely and costly process of trying to return them back to the seller - purely because you've already done it and have to see it through?

Or would you clear your basket out and put the correct ones in before buying?

When I buy light bulbs I weigh up which will last the longest and be most beneficial and cost effective but because it can be quite confusing sometimes because of the different ones available I have got it wrong in the past so have had to return them and replace them with the correct ones. This may cost a little bit of extra money to return them but I get it right the second time.

Some people are so set in their ways they just choose the first one they like the look of, whether that's the colour of the bulb or because its the cheapest available or because they get the most cashback for the purchase. They don't realise they may have been fooled by the advertising. If its wrong they might just chuck it away as they are unwilling to admit they might have made a mistake. Ultimately that will either cost them a lot more in the long term, or they just sit in the dark.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire

Where is the EU heading in the future? Are you up for the EU army? Are you totally ok with all there is ahead? I didn't get a vote all those years back. I got a chance to vote leave via the largest democratic vote in this nation's history, and I voted leave because I am not comfortable with this bloated ridiculous one size fits all ever expanding empire. This thread is a monumental waste of time. You are on board with it or it disgusts you. Nobody's changing anybody's mind here. (It is quite entertaining though in a twisted way)

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
DiscreteKindheartedGoose-small.gif

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where is the EU heading in the future? Are you up for the EU army? Are you totally ok with all there is ahead? I didn't get a vote all those years back. I got a chance to vote leave via the largest democratic vote in this nation's history, and I voted leave because I am not comfortable with this bloated ridiculous one size fits all ever expanding empire. This thread is a monumental waste of time. You are on board with it or it disgusts you. Nobody's changing anybody's mind here. (It is quite entertaining though in a twisted way)

We have a power of veto.
That is why we are no longer going to bail out any other country.
That is why we still use pounds sterling instead of the euro.
That is why we still buy and use right hand drive cars.

There is no EU army unless every single one of the 28 countries agree to it without one veto.

You say you are not comfortable with it, but that is because you are believing lies. Lies make you feel something isn't right.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Tories are now running scared of pushing the bill through Parliament in case it's get amended for the greater good.

Who is chicken now Boris ?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Government legal advisor admitted what was corrupt? The Leave campaign? The current Government? The Referendum result?

You really have lost touch with what is happening in the UK. You couldn't remain in the UK let alone Europe.

Maybe worry a little more about what is happening in Australia, as it may be a little more relevant to you.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So....its not like its anything different from previous years/decades.
Good god, we had past masters at it in Major and Blair and Cameron and May had their moments as well. As far back as the 70's, there were years of lies and deceit peddled around to persuade us to join the Common Market. Its what politicians do. DON'T TRUST THEM. They will let you down. Don't take them too seriously. Its a cesspit of half-truths, lies, deceipt and mis-information. Its how it works. There is nothing upfront and straightforward and there are always different agenda's in place, with schemers and strategists behind the scenes pulling and pushing in different directions. Always ask the question...." What is in it for them? "

But Mr Johnson takes it to a whole new level - to Trumpish levels.

And I would not be quite so dismissive of all politicians. Most of those listed above were at least seeking to achieve something that was right. there is always the worry that this Johnson chap is not driven by BREXIT but by his own ambition. I trust him far, far less than any of the above mentioned, and that is saying something.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You really have lost touch with what is happening in the UK. You couldn't remain in the UK let alone Europe.

Maybe worry a little more about what is happening in Australia, as it may be a little more relevant to you.

A specific answer as to what the government advisor admitted to being corrupt will suffice if you don’t mind.

Jan 30, 2008
Stalling ,time wasting , what's not to like??? , people have had enough,time for the undemocratic loons to give their heads a wobble, get ready for Brexit
Regards
DF

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
We have a power of veto.

There is no EU army unless every single one of the 28 countries agree to it without one veto.

You say you are not comfortable with it, but that is because you are believing lies. Lies make you feel something isn't right.

How can you be so certain that you are not being fed any lies? As I said before no one's minds are being changed here. You are on board with it or you are not.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
We have a power of veto.

Says a liar ?
Regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It seems the Polish government is more sympathetic to the UK, than a Tory MP Daniel Cawczynski, who went to them to vote against an extension. Some would call that trying to collude with a foreign power.

[tweet]1186986488325648385[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How can be so certain that you are not being fed any lies? As I said before no one's minds are being changed here. You are on board with it or you are not.

Lots of research, and looking at the facts.

If you are either on board or not, then unfortunately, it means a closed mind, when the situation is changing all the time.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How patronising. Says so much.

I know two people amongst my friends who voted Leave and have now changed their minds.

I actually had a proxy vote for one of them, and when instructing me to vote Leave on his behalf, he said it was because he wanted to teach his leader a lesson - a Tory protest vote, in other words, not expecting Leave to win.

People change their minds, and have allegedly the other way as well. What's wrong with checking it out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here