Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Indeed I do.

To that end, once we have left, I think we should have a referendum every 5 years to reflect changes in views.

Why does it have to be after we've left? If people want to change their minds they should be allowed to do it whenever they want.

If I decide to go on holiday to Butlins in Scarborough, then change my mind that actually I want to go to Rome, I don't have to go to Scarborough for a week against my will before booking a holiday in Rome.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We had the vote alright, we voted wrong though.

The vote wasn't wrong. It was vague. Big difference.

Had there been a specific Leave option on the ballot then carrying that out wouldn't have been an issue. There wasn't, hence why all the problems.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Theresa May had a last ditch attempt at this when she realised she was losing her leadership. She agreed to meet Jeremy Corbyn, but word came out, she wouldn't listen to a single word that was said.

Yup.

The thing is, this is not a party issue. It is a stand alone with different views across the two main parties. For a single party to drive everything seems wrong. Johnson sacking people not falling into line and moving goal posts is only ever going to fan the flames.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why does it have to be after we've left? If people want to change their minds they should be allowed to do it whenever they want.

If I decide to go on holiday to Butlins in Scarborough, then change my mind that actually I want to go to Rome, I don't have to go to Scarborough for a week against my will before booking a holiday in Rome.

No, you've got to go to Scarborough even if it costs much more than you ever thought you were saving, and puts a lot of people out of work.
That doesn't matter because you chose the 'right' thing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Only once the first democratic decision has been enacted?

Why? When the people who pushed for that decision can't decide what it actually was they wanted that casts enough doubt on the decision to suggest that actually it doesn't deserve to be enacted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

For the umpteenth time on this thread, the decision was advisory only, and consequently proved to be corrupt in the High Court February 2019, and admitted by the government's own QC.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No, you've got to go to Scarborough even if it costs much more than you ever thought you were saving, and puts a lot of people out of work.
That doesn't matter because you chose the 'right' thing.

Scarborough means Scarborough?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
The vote wasn't wrong. It was vague. Big difference.

Had there been a specific Leave option on the ballot then carrying that out wouldn't have been an issue. There wasn't, hence why all the problems.

I agree but the die has been cast now. We must leave. That is not the fault of 17.4 Million people.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I agree but the die has been cast now. We must leave. That is not the fault of 17.4 Million people.

Why must we when those who want to Leave can't decide how and it will cause so much unnecessary harm to people?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So we actually enact the democratic decision to be part of the tradezone between Iceland and the Russian border ?

Good, Johnson can commit that to UK Law as an amendment to his Withdrawal Agreement Bill.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Which our trusted and democracy seeking MPs voted (by 6 : 1) to enact.

In a previous Parliament. No Parliament can bind it's successors, so that vote is no longer relevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here