Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This would be a bit like making Cornwall go through official export procedures to send goods across the River Tamar to Devon. Or have I misunderstood?

Yep, customs forms to be completed to sell within the UK. And fees to be paid.

The point is they don't know yet but we are just to trust the most untrustworthy PM and advisor there's ever been.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yep, customs forms to be completed to sell within the UK. And fees to be paid.

The point is they don't know yet but we are just to trust the most untrustworthy PM and advisor there's ever been.

they dont know, so why assume there will be customs forms and fees? why not assume there wont? the department has not drafted rules as there isnt currently legislation to follow. exit forms for products that came from GB to show they have returned and not gone in to IRE would likely be required.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So you don't believe people with an opinion should be allowed to act on them?

Of course people are ‘allowed’ (unless something illegal is occurring), but the usurping of democracy is shameful.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
they dont know, so why assume there will be customs forms and fees? why not assume there wont? the department has not drafted rules as there isnt currently legislation to follow. exit forms for products that came from GB to show they have returned and not gone in to IRE would likely be required.

Oh hang on the PM has now said something different.,

:mad:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's not Mr Shouty Man, Steve Bray.

Also, as far as I'm aware, SODEM is a one man show. Happy to be proved wrong.

I do find his shouting disruptive and counter productive.

Isn't Steve Bray the "STOP BREXIT" guy, not the pro-Brexit one he refers to?

Yes, my mistake. I read the quote too quickly as I was going out.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It’s all rather sad seeing the confused leave voters on here. I genuinely don’t think they understand what’s going on.

You've got to back to 2016 because it was the people advocating this then that had no idea. It was assumptions and naivety at best. You only had to look at the people doing it - arrogant, clueless chancers who couldn't believe the limelight they got. The pup got sold though.

Instead, post 2016, it's now 15 years minimum, of political, economic, diplomatic and societal upheaval in a divided country that's never going to come back together and the further clarion calls for independence/unification and rejoin The EU to come, whenever this happens.

What an absolute, bitter, futile waste of time the 2020's, with all the recriminations therein, are going to be.

Jan 30, 2008
You've got to back to 2016 because it was the people advocating this then that had no idea. It was assumptions and naivety at best. You only had to look at the people doing it - arrogant, clueless chancers who couldn't believe the limelight they got. The pup got sold though.

Instead, post 2016, it's now 15 years minimum, of political, economic, diplomatic and societal upheaval in a divided country that's never going to come back together and the further clarion calls for independence/unification and rejoin The EU to come, whenever this happens.

What an absolute, bitter, futile waste of time the 2020's, with all the recriminations therein, are going to be.

Get over yourself zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Regards
DF

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The desperation of Labour, Lib undems and SNP are out of control and they care for no one but their own politicals gains.

I take my hat off to ex remainers like yourself and the 19 Labour MPs that had some balls to think about democracy and bringing Britain back together again.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kevin Barron (Rother Valley), Sarah Champion (Rotherham), Rosie Cooper (West Lancashire), Jon Cruddas (Dagenham and Rainham), Gloria De Piero (Ashfield), Jim Fitzpatrick (Poplar and Limehouse), Caroline Flint (Don Valley), Mike Hill (Hartlepool), Dan Jarvis (Barnsley Central), Emma Lewell-Buck (South Shields), John Mann (Bassetlaw), Grahame Morris (Easington), Lisa Nandy (Wigan), Melanie Onn (Great Grimsby), Stephanie Peacock (Barnsley East), Jo Platt (Leigh), Ruth Smeeth (Stoke-on-Trent North), Laura Smith (Crewe and Nantwich), Gareth Snell (Stoke-on-Trent Central).

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

But only 5 of them voted with the Government on the programme motion, thus meaning 14 of those you're applauding voted to delay Brexit, or abstain, for whatever their reasons ultimately may be.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Oh hang on the PM has now said something different.,

:mad:

because, as you say, they dont know. they havent worked out the implementation yet.

what is happening is people say things, correct, incorrect, half correct, then things change. then we compare the current with the original and new speculation, find they are inconsistent. its rather like trying to make sense of Star Wars story arcs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The political commentator in the Guardian made the point about Saturday's business in Parliament that Keir Starmer, as so often, was the only contributor who made any sense. Whether you agree with him or not (which I do), he certainly knows what he is doing. He is a QC and a former Director of Public Prosecutions, after all.

A very genuine man that I have had the pleasure of meeting once or twice.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not if Jezza has anything to do with it.

In my opinion Boris has a bye in the next election, which is a great shame. If Starmer had been Labour leader at this point he would wipe the floor with bungling Boris.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In my opinion Boris has a bye in the next election, which is a great shame. If Starmer had been Labour leader at this point he would wipe the floor with bungling Boris.

Yep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here