Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
MPs are not there to do what their constituents want. They are there to do what they think is right for the country. If their constituents don't like it, they throw them out at the next election

As it happens, My MP (Winchester and expelled by the tories) voted for both Bills tonight, and his constituency is very heavily remain - 59% to 41% with an 81% turnout.

this...nail on the head while MPs are there to represent their constituents they should act for the common good.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I expect many of them decided to act in accordance with their constituent voters, at last, as some of those were from 'leave' areas and have finally realised that they supposed to act for the people, not decide that people are stupid and they know better and can ignore a referendum.

Maybe a few out of fear of no deal as well, who knows - who cares. Any party that persists with Corbyn as leader are not worthy of much thought, IMHO.

Seeing as you are clearly incapable of any thought, your post is irrelevant.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Here we go again. I think you need to take some meds and calm down.

I am far from stupid or a 'clueless ignorant thicko' or 'incapable of any thought'.

The insults that fly in whenever I or any other leave voter dares to post here on this thread just show you up. Would you honestly call me that if you were sitting next to me at the Amex? Didn't think so.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
yes but if all Tory Mps had voted with their PM then she would have won each vote.

So what. They didn’t.
There are Tory weasel MPs as well, its not just a Lib Dem disease.
The initial post was “The Deal would have passed a year ago if the Tory ERG had voted for it”. Which isn’t true.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, yes, that's what 17.4 million are saying ,Remainers hanging on in the last chance saloon Totally out of touch with Public feeling ,
Get ready for Brexit
regards
DF

You are aware that, although we will have left the EU in name, we are aligned till the end of 2020 ? Of course, trade deals take a long time. So does the unwinding of institutions. Even then the UK may opt for some sort of parallel structure.

BREXIT won't be properly complete for another five years, minimum. Even then, the EU may still be part of our lives in some way.

Sorry to disappoint.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So what. They didn’t.
The initial post was “The Deal would have passed a year ago if the Tory ERG had voted for it”. Which isn’t true.

The initial paost was blaming brexit delays on remainers and speaker when simple maths says tories + dup = majority. tories have all fallen into line now even though boris deal is worse because tories have morphed into ukip in last 12 months.

theresa mays tenure was a total waste of time, if boris had had the guts to stand in 2016 we could have saved ourselves 2 years of shit. The electorate are mugs for swallowing this shit year after year.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I am far from stupid or a 'clueless ignorant thicko' or 'incapable of any thought'.

The insults that fly in whenever I or any other leave voter dares to post here on this thread just show you up. Would you honestly call me that if you were sitting next to me at the Amex? Didn't think so.

No, but here are some hard facts. You can argue about the tactics of the Labour MPs but there are far from supporting your man Boris's deal.

16 of the Labour MPs support the UK staying in a customs union, as does their leader. That nearly passed as an indicative vote brought forward by Ken Clarke (only lost by three ), so there are definitely numbers in Parliament for it.

1) It removes the Irish border / NI-UK border issue.
2) No deal preparations dissolve to dust.
3) Both sides claim a victory of sorts (importantly Corbyn) and all wander off to fight another day.

However if that got attached as an amendment, the disaster capitalists in charge of the Tory party have threatened to withdraw the bill.

Boris knows this very very well, which is why he won't allow Parliament to fully debate it, just in case Parliament agrees that way of leaving the EU.

The Tories are running scared of a consensus they don't like.

They are beneath contempt.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Just tell us what the Brexit plan is Lady Seagull. None of the other Leavers on here on here seem to have any idea. How is Boris going to make Britain Great Again?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The initial paost was blaming brexit delays on remainers and speaker when simple maths says tories + dup = majority. tories have all fallen into line now even though boris deal is worse because tories have morphed into ukip in last 12 months.

theresa mays tenure was a total waste of time, if boris had had the guts to stand in 2016 we could have saved ourselves 2 years of shit. The electorate are mugs for swallowing this shit year after year.

I had to google the word "paost" as instructed by rogersix. Here is what I found. I told you it was confusing.

https://vimeo.com/267254137

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

You seem absolutely obsessed with telling the world you are not 'thick'.
Whatever is the matter?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So what. They didn’t.

Are you back to stay or is this just a flying visit, Grumpy?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No, but here are some hard facts. You can argue about the tactics of the Labour MPs but there are far from supporting your man Boris's deal.

16 of the Labour MPs support the UK staying in a customs union, as does their leader. That nearly passed as an indicative vote brought forward by Ken Clarke (only lost by three ), so there are definitely numbers in Parliament for it.

1) It removes the Irish border / NI-UK border issue.
2) No deal preparations dissolve to dust.
3) Both sides claim a victory of sorts (importantly Corbyn) and all wander off to fight another day.

However if that got attached as an amendment, the disaster capitalists in charge of the Tory party have threatened to withdraw the bill.

Boris knows this very very well, which is why he won't allow Parliament to fully debate it, just in case Parliament agrees that way of leaving the EU.

The Tories are running scared of a consensus they don't like.

They are beneath contempt.

staying in a customs union means not being able to set foreign trade arragements, so from the brexiters point of view, what is the point of brexit? they can argue the toss on immigration and a few other areas, but without being able to set trade agreements there's pretty much no point, that is more important than regulations (which can all be changed in our own law).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
staying in a customs union means not being able to set foreign trade arragements, so from the brexiters point of view, what is the point of brexit? they can argue the toss on immigration and a few other areas, but without being able to set trade agreements there's pretty much no point, that is more important than regulations (which can all be changed in our own law).
Absolutely - Being in the EU Customs Union kills any point to Brexit.

We end up with a Turkey or San Marino or Andorra or Monaco deal - and the last 3 of those have specific additional arrangements with other larger EU states.

What are the queues like at the EU / Turkey border ? Clue - think tailback.

No one has ever championed those models, and a Customs Union amendment takes all the upside out of Brexit.

Literally no one has ever said "Ooo Brexit - that means we can be like Turkey".

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You seem absolutely obsessed with telling the world you are not 'thick'.
Whatever is the matter?

Strange, you've made numerous posts complaining about leavers use of language and insults ( even when not aimed specifically at you ) yet never pull up a fellow remainer for doing the same - especially Chooper who appears to have a special skill of diplomacy ( well he's special anyway ). Then when a leaver complains of EXACTLY the same type of language and insults you suggest there's something the matter with her.

On second thoughts, strange isn't the correct word, hypocrite is.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Outside chance that Boris will get the EU not to agree an extension as his deal has been approved by parliament. I suspect if the deadline is still the 31st then the bill will be passed to avoid no deal.

But the deal WASN'T approved by parliament. A second reading of the bill was approved, not the actual bill itself.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
For the past few months, every time I've since Boris on TV, like a robot he has said the sentence "we will leave on October 31st" when will you morons realise you're being taken for mugs?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
Just tell us what the Brexit plan is Lady Seagull. None of the other Leavers on here on here seem to have any idea. How is Boris going to make Britain Great Again?

Britain's always been Great,leaving makes us Greater # patriot shameful weasels like yourself obviously don't agree
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here