Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, in the last year, we’ve had Mays deal, Johnson’s deal , no deal as the only proposals from the Tories.

The ERG and the DUP wouldn’t vote for Mays deal, but the 21 ex Tory Mps would in the main, as would the rest of their MPs.

The ERG and the DUP would like a no deal, most Tory Mps would accept it, the 21 exiles wouldn’t touch it.

The ERG would vote for Johnson’s deal as would the majority of his remaining MPs, but, the DUP won’t, most of the exiles won’t.

Is it any wonder the public are confused?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
More than happy for a GE ….. now if only Corbyn had some balls !!!!

If only Starmer was leader and they sorted themselves out.
I find it extraordinary that the Tories are so there for the taking and could never be back in power for many years yet they keep shooting themselves in the foot.
The thought of The Brexit Party picking up loads of votes because of this makes me go cold.
You would have thought that when push comes to shove only a tiny minority of the criminally insane would vote for 1 policy Brexit at a general election but sadly this is not the case with the British public today.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I find it bizarre how remainers fail to understand that the referendum was advisory but MPs ( of different parties ) decided to accept that advise and vote through ( with a decent majority ) the triggering of Article 50. So Parliament approved of Brexit.

So you feel Parliament should have the final say - therefore you agree with their delaying or Brexit, or revoking it altogether?

Or are you being a massive hypocrite?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What difference would it have made had Theresa May triggered Article 50 after about 6 months rather than when she did?

What a difference it would have made if Theresa May hadn’t called a General Election in 2017, because she believed the polls and lost the slim majority that she had. We would have been out for 6 months now, and reality would be beginning to bite.

Thank God for Mays hubris.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a difference it would have made if Theresa May hadn’t called a General Election in 2017, because she believed the polls and lost the slim majority that she had. We would have been out for 6 months now, and reality would be beginning to bite.

Thank God for Mays hubris.

You'd think the Tories would have learned by now. The European question has caused the downfall of Thatcher, Cameron, May & is now causing Johnson to be defeated over & over again (6-0).
It used to be just the Irish problem over the last 200 years but that's still ongoing.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You'd think the Tories would have learned by now. The European question has caused the downfall of Thatcher, Cameron, May & is now causing Johnson to be defeated over & over again (6-0).
It used to be just the Irish problem over the last 200 years but that's still ongoing.

Yes - but worryingly, for the first time in this whole sorry saga, I actually think he's going to take us out of the EU. Up till now I've always said 'Brexit won't actually happen' - but through his bombastic bullying, and spinning stories his way, I fear that it now will. In which case he will be a hero to the Tories.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes - but worryingly, for the first time in this whole sorry saga, I actually think he's going to take us out of the EU. Up till now I've always said 'Brexit won't actually happen' - but through his bombastic bullying, and spinning stories his way, I fear that it now will. In which case he will be a hero to the Tories.

I don't. I think he's overplayed his hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here