Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

You're threatening violence against someone, are you? And you think this is a clever thing to do?

Yes, Bercow could easily take you on, anyone that puts your lights out is alright by me.
I wonder when this sordid, lying and manipulating Government is actually going to win something on leaving the EU.
Tory leavers now making total fools of themselves.

What a child...!!!

For him or you?

Presumably in a dark alley the lights would already be out?

I think that is one of the saddest little posts I have ever read.

Mouldy's wind ups are getting more outlandish. I don't know why anyone takes him seriously.
:lolol:

Either way, it's a dark alley.

.... presumably in the name of enforcing democracy.

Your comments are a disgrace.

Attachments

• Let's do this Johnny.png
    Let's do this Johnny.png
    851.3 KB · Views: 96

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I find it bizarre how remainers fail to understand that the referendum was advisory but MPs ( of different parties ) decided to accept that advise and vote through ( with a decent majority ) the triggering of Article 50. So Parliament approved of Brexit.

Fully accept that, although it was a previous Parliament, not this one, that voted to trigger A50. This Parliament was largely elected on manifestos to leave the EU as per the referendum though. They all have different ideas on how best to do that though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This parliament has already voted 334/85 against holding a second referendum yet I am certain Labour will be allowed by the speaker to have a vote on holding a second referendum in the very near future ....

This is new session. Boris and Cummings (the Laurel and Hardy of political strategy) made sure of that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'd love it if there was a national unity Government with Bercow as PM to come about as a result of this shambles.

Imagine the outrage of some people on here and the right wing press. :rant:

national unity intended to winded up people? :nono:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The problem wouldn't have existed if we had left in 2016 as per the referendum and if another was held now with the same result we would be back here in 2022 arguing the same points if the MPs do what they want and not what the electorate want

So you would have just turned the lights out, shut the door and put the keys through the letter box. bye bye EU without any thought about planning? That's nearly as bad as your comments about Dunk.

I am not a Europhile , I think there are lots of issues with EU but believe that we make effective change and survive as being part of that power block not outside it. What I would like is leavers to show the same honesty and say why they believe we will be better off , no one from the leavers camp has been able to put an argument to this forum identifying the tangible benefits the only argument that comes through as an under current is that they don't like being 'ruled' by foreigners even though we have a veto on what laws are passed.

Time to get real , we are no longer an economic or military powerhouse , Bismarck was ahead of his time we really are a nation of shopkeepers now (coffee shops ,restaurants and charity shops). We need to be more allied with Europe and that does include militarily. We have been part of NATO for 70 years also, many of those countries are European.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's all gone a bit BoJo tbh. Once this extension has been sorted, we can then arrange a GE, and when the Tories are kicked out, a new referendum to ensure we remain.

All good people, just wait and see.

Kicked out by whom ?? Definitely not labour who will heomarrage votes to both the lib dems and the brexit party. Why do you think the don't want an election

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Kicked out by whom ?? Definitely not labour

It’s the electorate that will kick out the Tories as they haemorrhage votes to the Brexit Party and the Lib Dem’s. I think that ERG and cabinet minsters will be targeted with single ‘remain’ candidates put up against them; fingers crossed, that will do for Bojo The Clown.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You could make exactly the same argument for the Labour Party. They've been whipping against this for the sole reason they want to be in power.

They are all as bad as each other....

Nope. Wrong. So they aren’t party to a total disaster. Can’t blame them at all.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It’s the electorate that will kick out the Tories as they haemorrhage votes to the Brexit Party and the Lib Dem’s. I think that ERG and cabinet minsters will be targeted with single ‘remain’ candidates put up against them; fingers crossed, that will do for Bojo The Clown.

I think you'll be surprised. Boris will get a bigger majority

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ poor, poor, excuse, all this crap about people didn't know why they were voting leave is a remainer invention to somehow give themselves a credible excuse to try and thwart the referendum result, , leave means leave, always has always will
get ready for Brexit
regards
DF

I can’t imagine you’d know what you walked into the bathroom for, let alone a polling booth. If indeed you ever got there.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The problem wouldn't have existed if we had left in 2016 as per the referendum and if another was held now with the same result we would be back here in 2022 arguing the same points if the MPs do what they want and not what the electorate want

Are you one of these incredibly naïve people who thought that if we voted for it on the Thursday, we would be out on the Friday? It's a bit more complicated than that.

Even before the referendum, I heard someone comment on the radio that extricating ourselves from the laws of the EU would give a lifetime of work to an army of constitutional lawyers, not because of the EU, but purely because of the amendments that will need to be made to our own laws. In other words, taking back control will cost us a fortune.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kicked out by whom ?? Definitely not labour who will heomarrage votes to both the lib dems and the brexit party. Why do you think the don't want an election

Timing is everything especially when the threat of no deal is gone.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Simplistic uneducated narrow minded nonsense. Is your only experience of European trade a booze cruise to Tescos in Calais and some rolling tobacco from up the road in Belgium ?

It's caused my industry all sorts of complex legal and logistical nonsense to untangle. Many international companies were based in London purely because we were part of the EU.

It's nothing to do with "customs", part of that industry cannot legally operate in the UK post Brexit.

Many companies have said **** this and moved their headquarters to Europe already where they are welcome.

And that's Brexit for you. It's about pissing other people off, you will gain nothing from it - quite the opposite.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here